ADVERTISEMENT

Mack spilled his Kool-Aid

Originally posted by DizzG:
people can argue over semantics. perhaps someone can find out if Babers was removed in regard to he wont be doing broadcasts next year. Ranker in this thread claims the story is true. not sure his source

in the very least we know Babers was called into Macks office and given a talking too because he was critical of the team after BYU. That in itself is pathetic. Doesnt mack have better things to do than worry about someone being upset after UT got ass raped by BYU? He's had someone FIRED before like Brian Jones. Maybe the op overstated a point...maybe he didnt. In the very least it seems most of the story is accturate
Posted from wireless.rivals.com
Again, I just don't care that he's an asshole.

I care that he's a shitty coach, and he's still the HC at Texas.

Originally posted by lilMAC:
people can argue over semantics. perhaps someone can find out if Babers was removed in regard to he wont be doing broadcasts next year. Ranker in this thread claims the story is true. not sure his source

in the very least we know Babers was called into Macks office and given a talking too because he was critical of the team after BYU. That in itself is pathetic. Doesnt mack have better things to do than worry about someone being upset after UT got ass raped by BYU? He's had someone FIRED before like Brian Jones. Maybe the op overstated a point...maybe he didnt. In the very least it seems most of the story is accturate

You can be an asshole and be good at your job.

You can be nice and be bad at your job.

But you can't be an asshole and be bad at your job.

Get this bully out of the football program.

Originally posted by amie:

My first reaction is BULLSHIT. Mack doesn't control that side of things (radio guys) and even if he DID have control, he wouldn't be the one doing the actual firing.

So, BULLSHIT.

Now, we will see later on if Babers is on the air or not.

He WAS on the air for K State, so I call BS.

Fine then perhaps this isn't the thread for you.

Originally posted by Ignatius J Reilly:

Yes.

Unfortunately 3 years too late

Originally posted by Sixth Street:

Fine then perhaps this isn't the thread for you.
Perhaps when you have the word "Moderator" or "Admin" under your posting handle, I'll give a shit what you think. Probably not though.

This post was edited on 9/27 3:48 PM by lilMAC

Yep. Also, Nick Saban is an asshole and he doesn't really care what anyone thinks about it. Mack Brown is an asshole and he very deliberately and expertly tries to conceal it.

And now the "Do you think Saban/Stoops/et al do this stuff?" comes out again.

Like all the other stuff Saban/Stoops/et al stuff....they do it too to varying degrees. Plus winning overrides a lot of things and losing accentuates the negatives of this practice.
BTW, it is well known here is Oklahoma City that if negative things are sadi about OU, then that person loses access to the program.
so yes, stoops does do it.

If true, or even partially true, Mack is a whinney little girl with far, far too much power and control. What a wus.

I now officially hate Mack the person worse than Mack the coach. Guess the snake oil salesman people were right all along. Shame on us for falling for it.

Those that know me know where I'm speaking from......

To clarify a couple of things.....

1) Rod does not work for the TV Longhorn Network. He is the sideline guy for the IMG Longhorn football radio broadcasts....and yes, the University has approval in who is on those broadcasts. So, if Mack wanted someone gone, he could get that done. He's done it before, as people know....

2) Rod's talk show gig at Clear Channel - Austin is something that UT has no decision-making power over. That doesn't mean they can't (and don't) suggest, but it's not up to them.

Lastly, Rod has obviously addressed some of this on the air, but I am trying to get more info so I can confirm what happened. If I do, and am given permission to share it, I will.....

Originally posted by Helmet Boy:

Originally posted by Baguette:

Originally posted by PureTexan:

Originally posted by Baguette:

Originally posted by texgrad75:
Bull sh*t

Bullshipping Extreme! Get lost! However, you may have a future at the NY Times, where lies & propaganda that advance a political agenda are more important than truth and/or facts.
What leads you to believe it didn't happen?
Cuz like all "Witch-Hunts" the mob cares only to fan the flames even higher to get their "Witch!" Have you not seen all the vitriol & hatred on here for Mack lately?---How so many on here will use anything & everything Mack says or does and put the most negative spin on it? Its out of control! My god, if I didn't know better and/or was not aware of all the things Mack has done for not only the football program, but the univerisity in general, I'd have no choice but to conclude from all the posts that Mack was not only one of the worst coaches ever, but that he was as vile a man as ever lived! The ugly, twisted distotions of Mack are morally repugnant to me. And I am one of those that thinks its time Dodds & Mack left and/or retired. However, its this very vitriol spewed at him 24/7 that probably makes him want to dig in even more and say to y'all: "F U!!" I'll leave on my terms, and hell if after all I've done around here, I get 'tarred & feathered and run out on a rail!" {metaphorically speaking of course} by a rabid mob!" Capiche?
You'd have a point except that the story's true. This is the same "coach" who took time out of his week to seek out and personally call and dress down an individual fan for negative remarks in the media. Mack does this shit. Sorry it hurts your hero image of him.

Huh!? What did I say about Mack that would lead you to that conclusion?? Calling out the rabid rabble/torches & pitchfork mob out there doesn't equate to hero image, bud.

Yep.

We already know Mack sucks at his job now.

What might be coming to light is the a-hole he has become as a result of it. .

Anyone who has listened to his comments after blowout losses going way back knows that he's a thin skinned little baby. There is so much evidence of him acting like a spoiled little assclown that it's surprising that some are still so blind to everything. Guy is a disgrace to UT. Can't wait til his butt is outta here. So sick of him and Sally. Any so called coach that lets his wife have any control over a football program is beyond hope.Hope he is gone after this season and doesn't come back.

This is just sad! I know he did discuss his dressing down on air the week following the BYU game. Sounded all to similar to the treatment others in the media like Brian Jones have received. I wish Mack would put as much effort into being a football coach as he does trying to control the perception of himself and the Texas football program.

Originally posted by Dragworm57:
Col. Kurtz's methods are unsound. He is quite certainly mad.

Willard? Willard? Get the boat ready.
I love Heart of Darkness. I read a book called King Leopold's Ghost, in which a couple of chapters are devoted to Conrad's experiences on the Congo. The author of this book claims that about 8 million Congolese died in this disaster to make King Leopold very rich. Said these deaths were like an early 1900s Holocaust.

Are you, Dragworm, making a comparison between Mack and the destruction of Congolese culture?
sick.r191677.gif

Of course not. This is only Texas Football that is being destroyed. But some people (moi among others here) care a lot for Texas Football. And some people, irregardless of 16 years on site, seem to care more about themselves than Texas Football. DKR is a saint here because altho he was forced out young, he left without destroying the program and continued his devotion to Texas Football until he died. God bless you Coach Royal.

Mack's efforts to put fashion clothes and lipstick on the pig doesn't hide the fact that its still a pig. He isn't folling anyone except maybe himself. If OP's story is correct, what respect I have left for Brown is eroding rapidly.

Wasn't there a very similar story about Rece Davis and David Pollack as well?
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

The funniest part of this was the "not letting you back in the inner circle when I turn it around"......

Mack's tenure is over come December so I'm not sure how much say he is going to have as to who and who is not allowed in the inner circle.

Seriously has lost sight of what matters, the DD - MB era cannot end soon enough.

Originally posted by utxX3:
Babers talked about this the week after the Ole Miss game on 1300The Zone. He did not say he was fired, just that he was called in and "admonished". That was the term he used. Brian Jones has been much more outspoken about being called in by Mack. Neither Babers or Jones appreciated what went down. Babers went on to say(and I can't quote verbatim) that he chose Texas and he didn't chose Texas for 4 years, he chose them for 40 years. Basically he was saying he was a Longhorn for Life. He also said coaches loyalty to a school stops the day after they leave and that ex-students and loyal fans are there for life. Coach Royal was the exception, he was a Longhorn for life and at a very young age he stepped down because his heart wasn't in it. Unlike Brown he did what was best for UT.

My respect for Babers and Jones sky rocketed after these incidents, my lack of respect for Brown had already hit rock bottom, couldn't go any lower.

So for those posters that say bullish*t to this post, you don't know what went down and you are wrong.
I remember Babers giving this long, painful, repetitive speech about the players and fans choosing their schools and how they are loyal by choice. Whereas the coaches are paid to be loyal.

I guess this could have been in response to his admonishment by Brown. I still don't think Mack threatened to fire anyone, but the fact that he would even bring someone from the media in for reprimand is definitely strange.

But we all know Mack is affected by media comments more so than most coaches. It's one of his biggest flaws. And I like Mack Brown.

Anybody remember this from Mack's first 5 game losing streak (the fact that there is even one 5 game losing streak and will potentially be two here in a few weeks is a testiment to Mack's political acumen) to OU?

One season-ticket holder said Brown called his house the Monday before the OU game to chastise him for criticizing the coaching staff in a newspaper interview. An Oct. 4 story on Brown in The New York Times quoted Jed Schmidt as calling for the ouster of offensive coordinator Greg Davis. Schmidt said Brown called his residence and spoke with him for 15 minutes.[/I]

"He just told me he was disappointed in me for saying something negative about the program in a national newspaper," Schmidt, an insurance agent, told the Austin American-Statesman. "To me, for a head coach to call a normal person at home was pretty shocking."[/I]

Brown declined comment when asked about Schmidt's remarks last week.[/I]

I find this very common of micro managers. Instead of taking a fair assessment of themselves, fixing glaring weaknesses, and actually prospering they attack things ouf of their control, like the message. Mack is a grade A jerk and classeless if this is all true.

Originally posted by 1JTB6806:

You don't "fire someone on the spot" then allow them to get back on the radio and talk about the game and your coaching.
Exactly. It would be counterproductive to the initial plan to tell someone not to speak negatively of you and the program and then when they tell you they will not comply, continue to give them the opportunity and platform to do so. Oh, btw, now you've given them more ammo.

This place is full of school girls rumor mongering, just love the drama.
It's called character assassination

Originally posted by moondog4:
Originally posted by 1JTB6806:

You don't "fire someone on the spot" then allow them to get back on the radio and talk about the game and your coaching.
Exactly. It would be counterproductive to the initial plan to tell someone not to speak negatively of you and the program and then when they tell you they will not comply, continue to give them the opportunity and platform to do so. Oh, btw, now you've given them more ammo.

This place is full of school girls rumor mongering, just love the drama.
It's called character assassination
Yep. These losers don't deserve Mack. I wish he would find another coaching job and do well just to prove us wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT