ADVERTISEMENT

MBB: Texas vs Lipscomb

ryan_sublett

Mar 7, 2007
slugigsh start to the game but Horns used their defense to extend the lead 36-22

Mo bamba and Dylan got in foul trouble the first half. Roach in double figures.

Texas wins. Texas bigs are a handful, but we will see how good they are with the next game against Butler then Duke.

Hook 'Em
Watch Butler play Maryland the other night. They had trouble with Maryland’s big guy... As long as we stay committed to getting them touches I think we win the game fairly easy. Duke will be the early test to see where this team is at right now.

TEXAS better shot the ball hell of a lot Better than they did today to get next win

Atrocious three-point and FT shooting. Again. Going to keep my expectations tempered for this team.

It's safe to say we don't have a 3 point shooter but we have some guys who can attack the basket. Shaka needs to get them to the rim. Set up open looks off the drive or push it inside when they collapse. Our defense is really good. The only weakness I see is officiating crews calling really tight games. At this point we are getting many more looks at the basket off our d. That will tighten as the teams get tougher. If we can cut out the early misses and get 2's while driving, we can rack up the fouls for the opposing team. We have to get to 75% ft shooting.

Oh I know that, but we have a floor General now and it shows and Shaka has his guys now in place and you can tell
Yeah. The only thing left to do really is kind of figure out the rotation. The team is 10 deep almost. Gonna take some time for the coaching staff to kind of put guys in proper roles. I think the game without Bamba the other night was actually helpful. They got a good look at sims and Banks in game action. Both guys excelled.

ADVERTISEMENT