ADVERTISEMENT

Men’s Hoops: Do you care?

Oldmanastro

Jun 18, 2015
So the men’s basketball team starts tonight, granted against UTRGV, and so far look pretty good. This team returns EVERY starter from a tournament eligible team last year and added a 5* player in Greg Brown.
Your probably like me, wait and see before I jump on the bandwagon, but I’m cautiously optimistic.
If you care, Vic Shafer got his first win for the women’s team today versus SMU.

Hook Em

Reactions: westx
This team is crazy talented. Jones and Febres aren’t even playing can they harness that talent in to W’s time will tell.

Imagine what Beard can do with them next year after Smart is gone.

OK, wishful thinking...
I doubt smart goes after this year. Even if he did an awful job coaching this team they’d make the tournament and probably win a game or two

Btw if CDC’s women’s basketball hire and softball hire are any indication of what we can expect when he hires a football or men’s basketball coach the rest of the country better look out. Vic Shafer and Mike white were/are absolute home runs and proven guys.

Anyone else but me notice the amount of braided hairs on the team? Not saying it’s a bad thing, just caught my attention.
And yes,Kai Jones is a player.

Anyone else but me notice the amount of braided hairs on the team? Not saying it’s a bad thing, just caught my attention.
And yes,Kai Jones is a player.
Shaka has the hair going. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen that.

Scoring 90 without jones or Febres is encouraging no matter who the game was against.

On another front, I was glad to see the team stay for the Eyes. Sadly not one player was doing the Horns Up, only Smart, and that’s probably only because he’s getting millions per year.

• Angry
Reactions: DrHorn98
Greg Brown will be a monster when he starts to understand the game. Shaka finally has a very talented team up and down with depth. Let's see how we do with this tough schedule.

What I saw....very athletic group. Shot the 3 pretty well last night(not sure of percentage). What will happen when they play other athletic teams and the 3’s not falling? Can they work the ball inside? Still doubt that SS can Coach/teach mental toughness! Time will tell but I’ve been waiting for havoc for how many years now....why would this one be different?

Depends on how woke the team decides it wants to be. Ill probably be bored enough to start following it by the end of December.

Will Baker is transferring I guess. Not a huge surprise. 3 guys ahead of him in the low post rotation.

Will Baker is transferring I guess. Not a huge surprise. 3 guys ahead of him in the low post rotation.
I blame the coaching staff, but nonetheless, it was so frustrating to have a 7 footer or whatever he was excessively launch and miss most of his 3 pointers.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
I blame the coaching staff, but nonetheless, it was so frustrating to have a 7 footer or whatever he was excessively launch and miss most of his 3 pointers.
Meh. This coaching staff has gotten a lot of criticism some deserved some not, but one thing they have done as good if not better than anyone is develop big guys.

Reactions: cwillfromdatx
Meh. This coaching staff has gotten a lot of criticism some deserved some not, but one thing they have done as good if not better than anyone is develop big guys.

Texas will probably finish 4-5th in the B12 this year. Shaka will not be extended and he will need Baker when his job is on the line in a couple of years. It will come back to bite SS.

Texas will probably finish 4-5th in the B12 this year. Shaka will not be extended and he will need Baker when his job is on the line in a couple of years. It will come back to bite SS.
Maybe, but not much you can do about it. His job is to play the best players, and right now there are 3 guys better than Baker in the post. Baker doesn’t want to sit and wait it out. That’s certainly is right. No one really at fault here. As far as Texas finishing 4th or 5th in the big 12. More likely 2nd or 3rd.

development does not equal "one and done" lottery picks. If by developing you mean recruiting, then I give Shaka that much.

Reactions: diadevic
development does not equal "one and done" lottery picks. If by developing you mean recruiting, then I give Shaka that much.
I said what I meant. Jackson Hayes was not a guy who was “one and done” coming in to Texas. He became a one and done guy

Maybe, but not much you can do about it. His job is to play the best players, and right now there are 3 guys better than Baker in the post. Baker doesn’t want to sit and wait it out. That’s certainly is right. No one really at fault here. As far as Texas finishing 4th or 5th in the big 12. More likely 2nd or 3rd.

Dude, I would love 2nd or 3rd but Shaka..... They aren't beating Kansas, Baylor, Tech, or WVU. Beware of the UTRGV fools gold.

So the men’s basketball team starts tonight, granted against UTRGV, and so far look pretty good. This team returns EVERY starter from a tournament eligible team last year and added a 5* player in Greg Brown.
Your probably like me, wait and see before I jump on the bandwagon, but I’m cautiously optimistic.
If you care, Vic Shafer got his first win for the women’s team today versus SMU.

Hook Em
Men’s hoops — not even remotely. Vic Shafer — very psyched up!

ADVERTISEMENT