ADVERTISEMENT

Men’s Hoops: Do you care?

Taking it to Indiana right now 26-13, 3 minutes left in 1st half. Don’t let up guys.

Reactions: westx
Taking it to Indiana right now 26-13, 3 minutes left in 1st half. Don’t let up guys.
Strong defense today. A guy that doesn’t get a lot of attention but has become a really good role player is Brock Cunningham. Can make a shot, not afraid to get on the floor and get a loose ball love his toughness. You gotta have bench guys like that.

The refs the last two days basically just calling fouls every time down the floor

Tom Herman would be proud. The basketball team has went 1-0 the last 8 times out.

I believe we get UNC next, which would be a solid and confidence builder if we win. We’ve always seemed to play them tough and have had our share of victories against them in the regular season. Tournament time a little different.
This team has peaked my interest.

Reactions: westx
I believe we get UNC next, which would be a solid and confidence builder if we win. We’ve always seemed to play them tough and have had our share of victories against them in the regular season. Tournament time a little different.
I think Texas played quite a bit better than UNC did today. That doesn’t necessarily mean much but if both teams play the way they did today Texas will win and it won’t be particularly close.

We are 8-3 against UNC last time UNC beat us was in 2011.

Just watching KU and Kentucky. I’ll be interested to see how Self tries to matchup with Texas. If he goes small like he did tonight Brown, Kai and Simms might have big games.

I want to be excited about this team. I see the potential to be a solid team that makes a run. Yes, some weaknesses. But I'm snake bitten with Shaka. I will continue to watch them. But the whole Indiana game I kept waiting for us to let them back in and then it go down to the wire, but it didn't. I can't take a disappointing basketball season after this football season..................

Take a look at the Kenpom. Five of the top 10 teams are in the Big 12. Brutal.

Kenpom

How are we #4 in Kenpom and #17 in AP top 25?

i think i've said it o here before, if shaka deveops an offense with... i dunno... actual movement, i'm good with him. that's been his bugaboo. i haven't seen us play yet this year, so the jury is still out for me. if we're winning but standing around and just MAKING bad shots, it's all fool's gold. just like if there is movement and shots just don't fall one night, it's just that... a bad night. i'm gonna try to watch some of today's game to get a better feel for us. early reports-- i'm cautiously optimistic.

Take a look at the Kenpom. Five of the top 10 teams are in the Big 12. Brutal.

Kenpom

How are we #4 in Kenpom and #17 in AP top 25?
Kenpom is analytics based. And polls are human opinion. Plastering a decent Indiana team makes the analytics look pretty good. I don’t think we are top 5, but 10-12 is probably fair.

If the boys bring this kind of effort every night there aren’t too many teams that are going to beat them.

I have to laugh at all the talking heads. They can't help themselves. They always pick against Big 12 teams. Is it an eastern bias?

I have to laugh at all the talking heads. They can't help themselves. They always pick against Big 12 teams. Is it an eastern bias?
They’ve also ignored the fact that Texas has owned UNC. Something like 13-3 over the last 16 meetings

not a big shooty hoops fan, but im glad to see that at least so far we are doing well.

Shaka has to be proud of his team today. Took UNC’s best shot, took the refs best shot and his veteran players said “**** nah we’re not losing”

ADVERTISEMENT