ADVERTISEMENT

Men’s Hoops: Do you care?

Texas is not protecting the ball and taking bad/forced shots. I hate when they get lazy. They should still win, but they are giving up the big lead

Texas wins not the prettiest but Andrew just had the best game of his career. This team can be dangerous if it goes on all cylinders.

In games where Texas shoots well, they are going to be really hard to beat this year. So long and athletic on defense and dominant on the boards. Perimeter shooting has improved and Febres hasn’t even played yet. But, they still waste possessions, sometimes in key moments. I’d like to see Shaka, just once, rip into somebody for jacking up a three early in the shot clock with a 9 pt lead and under three minutes to play. Every coach needs to have a little Knight in them.

At this point if Texas can just avoid losses like this and pick up another quality win or two they are probably looking at a number 1 or two seed in the NCAA tournament.

Today at noon on ESPN versus WV, there. Mountaineers have given Smart 2 of his worse losses the last few years. By 35 in 2018 and 38 last year.
I believe this year will be different. I say we win by 8-10.

Reactions: westx
Today at noon on ESPN versus WV, there. Mountaineers have given Smart 2 of his worse losses the last few years. By 35 in 2018 and 38 last year.
I believe this year will be different. I say we win by 8-10.
Yeah this is not the WVU team of past years, and it’s a different Texas team as well. I think Horns get a little revenge. Bit of a tough spot of the schedule playing Kansas, WVU and Tech 3 out of 4, 2 on the road. If they can go 2-1 in this stretch they’ll be looking good.

The fact that Simms has been a non factor today and the outside shot isn’t falling at all and they are still within a couple buckets. Should serve as notice to the rest of the country.

Good move by Shaka not to use the timeout. They’ve been killing WVU in transition all day long

That’s an encouraging win on the road. Shot poorly from 3-pt land and Sims didn’t contribute on offense (had his hands full on defense) and we still get a win against a really good team. Jones with the STONES. So happy for him.

Great win. We’ll definitely take it but we were bailed out by a boneheaded move from the WV forward who inexplicably put up a shot after an offensive rebound with no shot clock. All he needed to do was pass it out to a better free throw shooter and run the clock out.

Love what I’m seeing from Andrew Jones. His shot has been falling more consistently and his decision making has been great. I don’t think he turned the ball over once today.

Kai Jones still needs to get more minutes and have plays run through him. He’s out there basically taking the game as it comes to him and he still makes impactful plays. He’s just messing around playing pick up ball. He needs to get more opportunities to handle the ball and make plays for his teammates. He made the play of the game late in the 2nd half when he blocked Culver on one end and then outran everyone down the court for the fast break layup. That’s an elite basketball play. That’s an NBA All Star caliber play.

This may be the best team I have seen in Texas basketball history. I know it’s still early and lots of ball to play but I sense something special with this team. It only took Shaka 6 years.

This may be the best team I have seen in Texas basketball history. I know it’s still early and lots of ball to play but I sense something special with this team. It only took Shaka 6 years.
I like this team, but we had some good runs to final fours and 8s. They haven’t played Baylor or really won anything yet. They are definitley Smart’s best team. I don’t think they are better than Pender’s or Barnes’ best team, AT THIS POINT. (Forgot to add this disclaimer for when there are more relevant games to judge this team against KU, Baylor, Tech, Big 12 tourney and the Dance.)

Last edited:
I like this team, but we had some good runs to final fours and 8s. They haven’t played Baylor or really won anything yet. They are definitley Smart’s best team. I don’t think they are better than Pender’s or Barnes’ best team.
From a pure talent standpoint these guys are on par with any team in Texas Hisotry. Will they accomplish the things that the 02-03 team did with TJ Ford? Or some of the other squads. Time will tell, but too to bottom talent wise this group stacks up with anyone.

ADVERTISEMENT