ADVERTISEMENT

Men’s Hoops: Do you care?

I like this team, but we had some good runs to final fours and 8s. They haven’t played Baylor or really won anything yet. They are definitley Smart’s best team. I don’t think they are better than Pender’s or Barnes’ best team.
They beat KU by 20+ in Lawrence and beat WV on the road, that’s a start. From a pure talent standpoint this team is more talented than any team we have ever had.

From a pure talent standpoint these guys are on par with any team in Texas Hisotry. Will they accomplish the things that the 02-03 team did with TJ Ford? Or some of the other squads. Time will tell, but too to bottom talent wise this group stacks up with anyone.

That year was the last time we were a 1 seed in the tourney.

This may be the best team I have seen in Texas basketball history. I know it’s still early and lots of ball to play but I sense something special with this team. It only took Shaka 6 years.

stop. yes, they are better than any penders team (we got to the elite 8 as an 11 seed). there are a few barnes teams that were just as good and probably better.

so far. maybe they go and win it all and prove me wrong. hope so. but at this point, i'm giving the nod to those barnes teams.

stop. yes, they are better than any penders team (we got to the elite 8 as an 11 seed). there are a few barnes teams that were just as good and probably better.

so far. maybe they go and win it all and prove me wrong. hope so. but at this point, i'm giving the nod to those barnes teams.
This is all I am saying as well. We beat a good KU team and I hope we continue. It is too early to tell because the bulk of the season is still left.

Baylor vs WVA postponed due to Covid.... every time Baylor has a tough game there has been a Covid issue

My brother was telling me the other day that Saturday was the 3rd anniversary of Shaka telling the team that Andrew Jones had cancer how about that? You know the farther we advance the Andrew Jones story will be the best story in college hoops maybe college sports.

Baylor’s for real.....like it or not. I doubt they are scared like you suggest.
I’m not “suggesting” anything just stating facts. Game against Gonzaga, Texas and now WVA all canceled. They are a good team don’t doubt that

No one wants to play this Texas team in the tournament I can tell you that. They play so tough

It’s like you could feel it coming. Frustrating. On to the next one. That was a hard stretch of games.
Hook Em

It's the details in the coaching preparation that was evident in this game. Chris Beard spends significant time with his players going over situational basketball. That includes how to execute in the final two minutes and out of time outs. He knows Texas doesn't respond well in tight games so he immediately applies pressure during a critical side out for Texas. Ramey chokes it away because he wasn't expecting to see pressure. It's just the little details like that where there is no excuse to not be prepared. It's not an uncommon play either so why he panicked is beyond surprising. But it's just an extreme lack of focus. It's just like the Olineman on the football team when they commit stupid penalties like illegal procedure.

Chris Beard preaches these details daily on the court and in film sessions. That's why he's a helluva coach. His teams are always ready and prepared. They rarely beat themselves with mental mistakes.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
Tech is a heck of a team. No shame in losing to them. Tech just kept on grinding and playing physical possession by possession.

yeah, i thought it was a hard-fought game. the free throw misses at the end were brutal, but it's part of the package, and that dude brings a lot more to the table than he takes off, so you kinda have to deal with that. the turnover was a kick in the gut, and generally inexcusable, but those things happen over the course of a 30 game season. offense again looked stagnant at times, and that's been my complaint with shaka over the years. overall, i would say the loss sucked, but i'll chalk it up to "these things happen to everybody sometimes" for now.

Let me start off with I still don't have much faith is Smart...........

But that being said, I think in college basketball with the amount of games played, a well placed loss from time to time helps take some of the pressure off. Also helps refocus them. We will see if that happens. Tech is a well coached and tough team. It's better than losing to a team that sucks or isn't even ranked.

that is a lousy attitude on your part. one close loss and it becomes "classic texas" ?

Okay sunshine pumper...convince me why I shouldn't say "classic texas" when this has been the MO for over half a decade?

The last 90 seconds of this game is the same shit we've seen for the better part of a decade in the basketball program. So yeah, classic Texas.

Okay sunshine pumper...convince me why I shouldn't say "classic texas" when this has been the MO for over half a decade?

The last 90 seconds of this game is the same shit we've seen for the better part of a decade in the basketball program. So yeah, classic Texas.

well, there was the buzzer beater by jones just this past weekend. and the free throws were missed because a guy was fighting his tail off and got fouled. he missed the ft's... okay.. but he wasn't passively watching the game go by. again, FOR NOW, i'm chalking it up to crap that happens sometimes.

Reactions: weevilcatch
well, there was the buzzer beater by jones just this past weekend. and the free throws were missed because a guy was fighting his tail off and got fouled. he missed the ft's... okay.. but he wasn't passively watching the game go by. again, FOR NOW, i'm chalking it up to crap that happens sometimes.

When you are up 4 with 90 seconds to go you expect to win and should win...period. Texas went 0-3 from the field, 0-2 from the line, had a killer turnover, and fouled a guy and put him on the line whilst stopping the clock up 4 with just over a minute to go. Nothing about this is good. This was Texas of old. I mean, we can pretend it wasn't if we want...

ADVERTISEMENT