ADVERTISEMENT

Men’s Hoops: Do you care?

Sassafrassarassum

If refs had called the same fouls on WVU that they were calling on Texas. Texas wins that by 25. Seriously go back and watch the game slowly. Watch the fouls called on UT and apply the same standard to WVU and you’ll be like holy shit
You gonna need some crackers!

You gonna need some crackers!
texas shot 10 free throws in the game. made 4 of those free shots. obviously 40%. not good. contrast that with the visiting team west virginia shot 37 free throws and made 26 for 70% and that is one huge point swing. so... what happened to good ol' fashioned home cookin huh?

I am not understanding the rift between Ramey and Jones. Supposedly, Ramey was pissed at Jones's defensive effort. This makes sense, since WV came back from a 20 point deficit. How is it that Shaka would leave Jones in the game if his defensive effort was that bad. Most coaches bench a player for that. I have no idea how bad Jones's defense was since I wasn't paying such close attention. BizaarO.

i think we're safely in tourney unless it goes completely sideways. shaka does better with non-conference teams because they haven't seen that same old crap over and over and over again. so if the other team only has 2 days to prep, we have a better chance at seeing vanilla defenses, or at least defenses that aren't AS prepared. there. there's a silver lining, and also an explanation on why shaka's vcu teams did well in the tourney. silver lining. but yeah... he tricked me for a while this year... but we're screwed. and since we just paid off a football staff during a murky financial period, we ain't paying off shaka too. so we're gonna go ahead and be screwed next year too

i think we're safely in tourney unless it goes completely sideways. shaka does better with non-conference teams because they haven't seen that same old crap over and over and over again. so if the other team only has 2 days to prep, we have a better chance at seeing vanilla defenses, or at least defenses that aren't AS prepared. there. there's a silver lining, and also an explanation on why shaka's vcu teams did well in the tourney. silver lining. but yeah... he tricked me for a while this year... but we're screwed. and since we just paid off a football staff during a murky financial period, we ain't paying off shaka too. so we're gonna go ahead and be screwed next year too

ElDiablo....this doesn't help, lol

KU tonight in Austin. I think it will be a good game. KU is playing better and Texas hit a plateau. Interestingly, with all of the game cancellations this year, KU/KSU has played the most games than anybody in the Big 12.

KU 24 games played
KSU 24
TT. 22
WV 21
OSU 21
TCU 20
TX 19
ou 19
ISU 18
BU 17

I’ll bitch about them losing a 19 point lead last game, so I’ll give them props for coming back in this one. I just couldn’t bring myself to watch though. I guess that’s the key.

got a win despite doing EVERYTHING wrong in the last few minutes of regulation and all of overtime. bailed out by kansas a- fouling unnecessarily; and b- inexplicably losing the handle on an inexplicably uncontested layup. ran the same old high ball screen, dribble dribble dribble, jack it up at the end of the shot clock crap... THEN ACTS SURPRISED WHEN IT DOESN'T WORK... AGAIN! missed clutch free throws... again.... and again. had shot clock violations/ turnovers (notice the plural) in overtime (that's only 5 minutes of game) due to trying to split double teams with the dribble (by the way the doubles were coming due to the static nature of the screener on the very very predictable ball screens).

same. old. crap. people on the line were wondering why we didn't call a timeout at the end of regulation to draw something up... WHAT'S HE GOT IN HIS TOOLBAG TO DRAW UP??? YOU'RE GETTING A STUPID A FALLAWAY 3 AT THE BUZZER-- THEY DON'T NEED HIM TO COME UP WITH THAT.

sick of this crap

Reactions: horn wild
Anytime you beat Kansas it's good.

But we backed into that win.

The problem as I see it Shaka is playing the coach who wants to be friends with his players. This never works. Has anyone ever seen Shaka rip some ass? He doesn’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings and the reason he grabs many of the one and dones - because their mommas love him. Our players always seem to play soft and hope someone else takes the lead when they experience adversity or come down to the wire in close games.

I didn’t watch the game but saw the score the next morning. I was happy for the win but reading many of these posts it sounds like we just got on the lucky side of this one, same as many others that we ended up losing.

Whatever, nice to sweep KS and I’ll always remember the beat down we gave them at their house earlier this year. Where has that team gone?

Can someone tell me why our white boy #30 is wearing a girls head band on his head?

I'm not being a dick here, but wearing a girls head band is ........ Well...... Just different.

2:40 to go, UT has cut it from 13 to 4. Anyone have confidence that Shaka can draw up a couple of plays to finish the comeback?

It’s uncanny how this bball season is mirroring the football season. Lots of experience at key positions. Two potentially one-and-done types of talent added to the mix. This should have been the year to make a run. But, the lack of attention to detail and the misuse of rare talent producing another mediocre season.

I stopped watching this team around mid season. Just a horrible waste of a potentially magical season. Shaka can’t coach or run a program. Period. End of conversation. The only thing he can do is recruit because of his woke credentials.

We're solidly in the tournament, just have to get hot at the right moment. This season is not lost by any measure.

these days, bad teams get hot and make tournament runs. don't be fooled by that crap though-- he's squandered another potentially strong season by being really really bad at his job.

i was on college football news the other day. he is previewing football and college basketball games these days, too. in the preview for tech-Texas game he said "tech will win the mistake and execution part of the game"... ANYBODY WANT TO TRANSLATE THAT??? it translates to one of two things: 1) you're a very young team-- that doesn't apply to us. or 2) your coaching is lacking. since 1 doesn't apply...

Reactions: horn wild and westx
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT