ADVERTISEMENT

Men’s Hoops: Do you care?

Good teamwork. I sincerely hope that next year we get rid of those horrendous shorts we call uniforms. They look like 70s cheerleading skirts.
s-l300.jpg

Another hard fought win. Sims was far and away the player of the game. Finally, we play an entire game with toughness in the paint. Okie Lite has themselves a good young coach.

Another hard fought win. Sims was far and away the player of the game. Finally, we play an entire game with toughness in the paint. Okie Lite has themselves a good young coach.
Simms has been capable of this for years. Not sure why it’s just now happening, but damn if he’s playing like this Texas is going to be a force in the tournament

Reactions: JDCPAgolferHorn
Simms has been capable of this for years. Not sure why it’s just now happening, but damn if he’s playing like this Texas is going to be a force in the tournament
It isn't fun because it is physically demanding every single game. Not just one game here and there, but every game. But, that is what it takes. That is what all consistently good teams do.

Well I'll be damned. Congrats to Shaka and the team on doing something about the program's previous ugly 0-6 mark in Big 12 tournament finals.

Hope they can carry their recent strong play into the real tournament.
Just get past the first weekend. After that it’s anyone’s game.
I bet those guys that bailed on the team early to transfer regret that now.

Well I'll be damned. Congrats to Shaka and the team on doing something about the program's previous ugly 0-6 mark in Big 12 tournament finals.

Hope they can carry their recent strong play into the real tournament.

FINALLY!

We won the tournament and what a great all around team victory.

And March can be a great month for TX athletics. I'm speaking of not just mens but women's hoops as well. Then there's baseball and the fb team starts spring ball on 3/23/21.

HookemHorns

I think sims got angry when he got cut the other night. Nobody makes Sims bleed his own blood!

Happy we won! Hope we carry it over to the big tournament.

I'm not a big basketball fan, but it's nice to see Texas finally win a Big 12 tourney championship.

This team has scary talent that is final four worthy. We just need to develop consistency and smarts. Notice that Shaka shortened his rotation to basically 7 players for this game. Sims and Coleman were beasts because they both played over 30 minutes. Kai Jones only 18 minutes. Jones needs to be on the floor at least 25 minutes if we're going to have a chance to make a deep run in the tournament. His defense and ability to guard all 5 positions is invaluable. Shaka's coaching decisions still don't give me confidence. However, bball is mostly predicated on talent and we have tons of it. Our biggest weakness is our shot selection at times. We get too enamored with the long ball instead of just putting our head down and driving relentlessly to the basket.

BBR, what are your thoughts on Shaka at Texas long-term? Should Texas sign him to a contract extension, or let his current contract expire and move on from him?

Under Shaka, I assume you mean.

Well yeah being 0-6 is also something he was able to overcome. Cause we all know Covid saved him last season. Did I think we would ever accomplish this no. Will he win us a natty no but he did something we haven't done in along time. He hasn't turned out who we thought he would be, so many congrats to him for getting a skin.

Well yeah being 0-6 is also something he was able to overcome. Cause we all know Covid saved him last season. Did I think we would ever accomplish this no. Will he win us a natty no but he did something we haven't done in along time. He hasn't turned out who we thought he would be, so many congrats to him for getting a skin.
I don’t think CDC had any intention of firing Shaka last year Covid or not

What looms is Michigan St. interesting they play UCLA in a play in, then play BYU. We would get the winner of those.

Overall I think we got a favorable bracket. I think Michigan, Alabama, and Texas are all pretty equal when they are playing their best. Wouldn’t be shocked if we made a deep run

ADVERTISEMENT