ADVERTISEMENT

Men’s Hoops: Do you care?

I think everyone got half of their final 4 wrong. But everyone had Gonzaga and Baylor in their bracket and I think everyone predicted Gonzaga/Baylor for the title. And we all got it right.

Gonzaga/Baylor

Baptists vs Catholics

Blue state vs Red State

WHAT? Slam on the breaks! Blue State vs Red State?

Go Zags!

😃

• Haha
Reactions: DrinkToIt
I think everyone got half of their final 4 wrong. But everyone had Gonzaga and Baylor in their bracket and I think everyone predicted Gonzaga/Baylor for the title. And we all got it right.

Gonzaga/Baylor

Baptists vs Catholics

Blue state vs Red State

WHAT? Slam on the breaks! Blue State vs Red State?

Go Zags!

😃

I almost picked UH to get to the Final Four but OK St fooled me into thinking they'd beat UH in the Elite 8. I had Gonzaga beating Texas tonight lulz. But I have the Zags beating Lorbay for the title. I'll take it.

I almost picked UH to get to the Final Four but OK St fooled me into thinking they'd beat UH in the Elite 8. I had Gonzaga beating Texas tonight lulz. But I have the Zags beating Lorbay for the title. I'll take it.

Now here's who's NOT in the final 4 this year

The Big X
The SEC
The ACC as a matter of fact Duke and NC sucked this year.

Houston is a non P5 school and Gonzaga is an even smaller school in a somewhat isolated city. And UCLA was a #11 seed who beat a 2 seed, a 1 seed, and barely lost to the the best team in the country. And hey the Big XII and the Pac XII may suck in fb but they were the ones who got to the final 4.

How do like them apples ESPN?

Don't feel bad I thought it would be Gonzaga/TX to 😔 I thought IL would be there as well 🙊

The thing I resented about her was her refusal to travel especially in non con games. At times we didn't even go on the road for conference games I remember very clearly that one year both games against TCU were in Austin and there were others as well. Wth? the Celtics don't play all their games in Boston. But let me remind you what happened after that championship season. Now there was a time when the regional finals were played at the top seeded schools. Back then women's hoops weren't played in the big arenas. And she lost evey time she got to the elite 8. And who did she lose to teams that had played on the road teams who were battle tested especially against LA Tech. And then the rest of the SWC caught up to her her teams slipped into mediocrity and she had to start playing road games like everyone else.

And you know Gustafson pulled the same stunts. He may have been a great coach but he should have dominated the sport the way John Wooden dominated college hoops. And he lost to teams, and always in Austin, to teams that earned their way to get there. And in the end his teams were mediocre. And then that stunt his son pulled and him thinking he could do what he wanted because he was CG was the final straw.

Mack Brown is one of the greatest coaches in school history only DKR was better. But he went on cruise control the next 2 years after the nc season its like I got my conference title and nc season. I can relax now. It took an upbraiding from the president that he remembered what he was there for. We had 2 great seasons before the slide started.

The last 6 years Barnes was more preoccupied with sending players to the NBA. Steve Patterson screwed up bad but he was right that Barnes had to go.

And you're right Dodds wanted to hire GB. However DKR flew out to meet MB. Apparently he know so much about TX fb history that he should've gotten a medal. Any way DKR called Dodds and said I found our next coach and Dodds had enough sense not to argue. Thank you DKR. And after 4 ad's in the last 10 years do we finally have an ad that places a winning culture above all else and especially the LHN?

It's your show now Mr Del Conte and the Eyes of Texas are now upon you.

HookemHorns

i see we're crapping on literal legends now. let me start by saying i don't know the ins and outs of college baseball, but i recall pretty well that when i was a kid Texas was in Omaha every stinking year just about. That dude did something right.

you can knock barnes-- and i think his time here had gone stale-- but i do not believe for a heartbeat that it was because he lost his fire. he has flaws-- his offense needs work much like shaka, and it showed in this ncaa tournament. but that dude is a fighter, and always has been.

and mack brown did not go on cruise control after the natty. we lost to ohio freaking state with a freshman quarterback and won 10 games and beat oklahoma. in 07, they also won 10 games and the arizona state bowl game is what i believe catapulted us to greatness the following 2 years.

so go on with your revisionist history fellas.

Now here's who's NOT in the final 4 this year

The Big X
The SEC
The ACC as a matter of fact Duke and NC sucked this year.

Houston is a non P5 school and Gonzaga is an even smaller school in a somewhat isolated city. And UCLA was a #11 seed who beat a 2 seed, a 1 seed, and barely lost to the the best team in the country. And hey the Big XII and the Pac XII may suck in fb but they were the ones who got to the final 4.

How do like them apples ESPN?
"Best team in the country"???? They can't play defense! Baylor will roll tonight by double digits - SIC'EM BEARS!!

You might be right. I hope the spirit of Patrick Dennehy will ensure a MurderU and RapeU loss!
Bitterness and grudges will cut your life short 365 - let it go and embrace the Culture of Joy - Sic'em Bears!!

Coach Dave Bliss says hello.
Out of all the scandals in sports history, I would have to rank the worst two in order as 1. Sandusky and 2. Bliss. And Bliss is no. 2 only because other innocents were physically harmed by Sandusky. To soil the name of a murder victim just to save your own job is. well if it wasn't Easter, I'd say unforgivable. That was just sorry. I hope he's watching and listening to all the sports talk the last couple of days, because he gets mentioned about every 3 minutes when they discuss Baylor. And FWIW - he was trained at OU before he came to Baylor!

Reactions: westx
wow!...It must be bad if ranking scandals in sports does not even talk about Bill Fulmer.

Baylor is perfect picture of what can happen when you have a president, Robert Sloane, and an ad, Tom Stanton, who are incompetent at running an athletic program. Which leads to coaches likes Roberts, Bliss, and Kevin Steele. But they've turned it around and have a great chance at bringing home the trophy.

Reactions: diadevic
Gotta give it to Baylor. They really kicked some ass and didn’t stop to take any names along the way. Nice win!!

Wow!!! Clearly the better team. Gonzaga beat some good teams in non con play but Baylor played in the best conference in the country. They're more athletic and they have a 3 guard combination that's hard to stop. It's good to see the Big XII team and especially a TX team win a natty in a major sport. And the Big is #1 in a major sport. Good to see.

Drew just gave the rest of America the roadmap to success. Heavy experience - 2 seniors and 3 juniors, all of who started at least 2 years. Active in the transfer portal. None of the one and dones. Only the 3rd team this century to win a title with no McDonald's All Americans. Keep'em on campus as long as possible (Vital is 24!), hit the weight room, and you will have a team of "grown ass men" against skinny underclassmen. Its a great day to be a Bear!

Drew just gave the rest of America the roadmap to success. Heavy experience - 2 seniors and 3 juniors, all of who started at least 2 years. Active in the transfer portal. None of the one and dones. Only the 3rd team this century to win a title with no McDonald's All Americans. Keep'em on campus as long as possible (Vital is 24!), hit the weight room, and you will have a team of "grown ass men" against skinny underclassmen. Its a great day to be a Bear!

But he does recruit great athletes. Gonzaga was no match for them especially Kispert. The Dallas boy, Drew Timme, is a fine player, has good footwork, but struggles against more athletic big men. Now the young freshman Suggs and Ayayi are the kind of athletes that Gonzaga needs to have to finally get over the top. Be interesting to see if those juniors come back next year.

Yep, the one and dones are finished. I think those guys need to take their game to the G league. Greg Brown was a bit of an embarrassment. Best if he completed some more high school, what a baby he turned out to be.

Well looks like Hepa hit the transfer portal
Saw that.

I wonder if anyone is doing data tracking about kids hitting transfer portals. I wonder where we rank as it pertains to kids leaving--- because it seems like we've had a sh!t ton more than other schools.

Saw that.

I wonder if anyone is doing data tracking about kids hitting transfer portals. I wonder where we rank as it pertains to kids leaving--- because it seems like we've had a sh!t ton more than other schools.

Well Tech has 3 in the portal now since Beard left and I would like to get Micah Peavy he is only a freshman and from Duncanville. He was a highly recruited 4*.

Saw that.

It looks like the transfer portal will destroy junior college programs especially in 🏈.

It looks like the transfer portal will destroy junior college programs especially in 🏈.

There is probably a statistician that is keeping up with the transfer portal. Blowu has Chandler Morris, Chad Morris son transferring to tcu but looks like blowu is giving some issues with releasing him cause he is going to another big 12 school. So the transfer portal is huge.

ADVERTISEMENT