ADVERTISEMENT

Men's regional baseball

Oldmanastro

Jun 18, 2015
Horns facing ucla this evening and presently lead 3-1 in the bottom of the 8th.
If they hold on to win, they would face the winner of tonight's later game between Longbeach St. Dirtbags and San Diego St.

Reactions: LonghornMM
The pitcher they were facing tonight is a first rounder this draft, and he was dealing. Our batters were disciplined all night and clutch when needed, especially in bottom of 8th to get that 3rd run.
This is not the same team we saw in the first half of the season. I credit Pierce.

Great win by our boys and that is our 4th win against ucla this year as well. Long Beach up right now in the 4th 4-0, looks like it could be a pitching battle tomorrow with them, but still early and plenty of ball left to play.

Hook 'Em

First- great win vs ucla.

Second- Long beach is probably going to whip us.

Love the positive and confidence. Stay home, don't watch.
I say that to be pragmatic. Of course I hope we win but watching LBS line up last night-- those boys can flat out hit! Our pitching rotation will have to be NAILS to pull it out.

We are playing tight but hanging in there. This is a slow motion slug fest. I was dead wrong and gladly admit it.

Reactions: westx
did you think that pitch with the 1st batter actually hit him? It didn't look like it to me. I wish they would have replayed it more.

I can't believe they gave the dirtbag the go-ahead. He was slow as hell.

What a freaking game. Reynolds "bare hands" the ball. Amazing play. ESPN play of the day (if they still do that)

Glad you posted. I was getting lonely on this thread. Well, on second thought, maybe it is a good thing to keep any bad superstitious voodoo from messing with our boys.

Had to stay away from the boards no bad juju and glad we pulled it off! Get to rest and we are in the drivers seat! Oh yeah Cal State won the Stanford regional.

We are playing tight but hanging in there. This is a slow motion slug fest. I was dead wrong and gladly admit it.
A big man admits when he is wrong. Heck of a game. Tonight at 7pm. Win it and I believe we have a chance to host a super!

It is going to be very difficult for either SDSU or LBSU to win this series. If Texas wins it and hosts the Super next weekend, I'm going to Austin!

LBSU in control against SDSU, up 5-2 through 6. Unfortunately, LBSU has not even had to touch the bullpen. Hopefully SDSU can make them waste a few relievers over the next few innings.

LBSU in control against SDSU, up 5-2 through 6. Unfortunately, LBSU has not even had to touch the bullpen. Hopefully SDSU can make them waste a few relievers over the next few innings.
Currently, 5-4 Bottom of 7th.

Yes, I'm hoping for extra innings in this one and for both teams to burn up their arms.

Are coaches required to rest pitchers a minimum # of days? Anybody know?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT