ADVERTISEMENT

Miami recruiting

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
So, I've been swamped with work and haven't had my eye on the recruiting much this summer, so I get on 24/7 to see how we have been doing thus far and imagine my total shock when I see the Canes ranked #1.

So--------- why? I mean, we all know why Miami rose to power back in the 80s. Ya Schnelenberger got things kick started and yes jimmy Johnson was a great coach, but the $, the swag, the environment of South beach, the hookers, the drugs--- it was just a natural fit for many of the urban kids and too tempting for them to turn down. They got to be a "baller" in a "baller" city.

Michael Irving saying that Miami players could get into strip clubs that Dolphin players couldn't get into-- sounds silly, but perhaps it was true.

Is Mark Reicht trying to revive this "atmosphere"? Is he bringing the well known SEC "pay for play" mindset back to coral gables? Have teenaged kids been watching too much 30 for 30 about the canes?

What's going on in coral gables and should we be concerned?

IDK if anything fishy. Doubt it. I just assumed it's the energy of a new, really good, tenured coach that is back at his alma matter and got off to a fast start in an enormously talent filled region.

I like Richt. He's a damn good coach, IMO, he'll bring the $EC mentality to Miami. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they get back to the culture that Miami once had. That's the $EC way of doing things. Rules don't apply to them.

So, I've been swamped with work and haven't had my eye on the recruiting much this summer, so I get on 24/7 to see how we have been doing thus far and imagine my total shock when I see the Canes ranked #1.

So--------- why? I mean, we all know why Miami rose to power back in the 80s. Ya Schnelenberger got things kick started and yes jimmy Johnson was a great coach, but the $, the swag, the environment of South beach, the hookers, the drugs--- it was just a natural fit for many of the urban kids and too tempting for them to turn down. They got to be a "baller" in a "baller" city.

Michael Irving saying that Miami players could get into strip clubs that Dolphin players couldn't get into-- sounds silly, but perhaps it was true.

Is Mark Reicht trying to revive this "atmosphere"? Is he bringing the well known SEC "pay for play" mindset back to coral gables? Have teenaged kids been watching too much 30 for 30 about the canes?

What's going on in coral gables and should we be concerned?

Ya know Clob....I have heard of several people falling for that Nigerian scam of helping to get that $160 million out of the country by sending a nominal fee.....but you are carrying it to an extreme.....

Ya know Clob....I have heard of several people falling for that Nigerian scam of helping to get that $160 million out of the country by sending a nominal fee.....but you are carrying it to an extreme.....
I've got the deal working in reverse actually........

Reactions: oldhorn2
ADVERTISEMENT