ADVERTISEMENT

More opinions from a very opinionated man

Status
Not open for further replies.

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
Last year because of covid a lot of teams a lot of teams overachieved. Was ISU one of them?

Well maybe not. They could have one of the best te's, rbs, and ilbs in the country this year. What does that tell you? They also return 95% of their offensive production from last year. Jon Heacock is the most underrated dc in the country.

Their big 3 Kollar, Rose, and Purdy, elected to come back and that impresses me.

And there's Matt Campbell. Now this dude dances to the beat of his own drummer. Dyk he negotiates his own contracts? ISU is beating TX and OK teams that have tormented them. Think about this one. The last 2 games ISU has beaten TX by almost the exact score 23/21 and 23/20. Both games went down to the last play. Why? because Matt Campbell out coached Tom Herman to the point that it was embarrassing.

But there is a big if. Will ISU beat IA next month? This is the biggest non con game in the Big XII this year. IA has dominated this rivalry and they will have a good team this year they're ranked #15. If ISU wins watch out. I thought that ISU was just as good as OK going into the title game. But it was the 1rst time in ISU history they were on the big stage and it showed. But they rebounded and won the FB against an always good OR team. But we're talking about ISU so I'm going to wait and see.

Last edited:
Reactions: danhorn
Shoulda bought him instead of sark. Imo.
I think CDC saw the success that Riley and his offense centric philosophy accomplished and chose to go in that direction. Sark has very good offensive credentials going back all the way to playing for Lavell Edwards at BYU.

Reactions: outhereincali
I think CDC saw the success that Riley and his offense centric philosophy accomplished and chose to go in that direction. Sark has very good offensive credentials going back all the way to playing for Lavell Edwards at BYU.
Sark has demons much like Lane.

I know one thing ISU has 2 te's that are 6'7" and the other te is a mere 6'6". Kollar is like 6'7 260 and when he catches the ball with a 5 yard head start don't try to tackle him it's a waste of time. Stotner at OK is 6'6" 250 and OK uses him the same way ISU uses Kollar. I hope we do the same thing with Jared Wiley

Last edited:
Shoulda bought him instead of sark. Imo.
Nah, we're just waiting to pluck the next legendary UT coach from your program. We did pretty well with an old sooner QB and again with a one time offense coordinator.

So technically, our program has been down because oklahoma hasn't been producing good enough for us. Y'all need to get yer chit together man! 😆

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
Nah, we're just waiting to pluck the next legendary UT coach from your program. We did pretty well with an old sooner QB and again with a one time offense coordinator.

So technically, our program has been down because oklahoma hasn't been producing good enough for us. Y'all need to get yer chit together man! 😆
I'm beginning to wonder if OK is like RC Slocum's aggie teams when they were on top. By that I mean they were the best team in a bad conference. Sure they sent a lot of good players to the NFL just like OK has but when they faced elite competition and back then it was FSU, ND, and CO, they lost. Something to think about.

DKR is still the measuring stick for db's at OU

I keep wondering just how we're going to use Ja' Tavion Sanders this year. From what I've read he's been listed at 3 different positions. I'm really interested in where he's going to play. He's the star of this recruiting class. You know I just now thought of this. Maybe they'll wait till the last week before they announce where's he's going to play just like the way they will announce who's going to be the qb.

ISU isn't a talented football team.

ISU has a talented coach that has convinced his 2 and 3 star players that they are, indeed, talented. He's basically Ted Lasso.

Reactions: ElDiabloTejano
ISU isn't a talented football team.

ISU has a talented coach that has convinced his 2 and 3 star players that they are, indeed, talented. He's basically Ted Lasso.
I don't know about that. Purdy, Rose, and Kollar could start for most schools. Brèece Hall is 1rst team AA rb. Maybe he's that good.

And if your interested there's some good clips about Jack Trice the man the who the ISU stadium is named after.

I don't know about that. Purdy, Rose, and Kollar could start for most schools. Brèece Hall is 1rst team AA rb. Maybe he's that good.
ISU doesn't have a legit 5 star kid. Not one.

What Matt has done is, he's developed his talent.

We haven't done that in years.

Reactions: JDCPAgolferHorn
Well... How about we start now.

Charlie and Tommy's problems are not Sark's fault. So let's hope he gets the train back on the tracks

Reactions: oldhorn2
Wait wait wait? You’re more than happy to forgive woman beaters as long as they play for you, but we can’t forgive a former alcoholic who harmed no one?
I think there's more to his divorce than we know. Stephanie Sarkisian got a balloon payment of $490,000, a car and that's it. No child support, and no alimony. Now any man in CA that makes a few million dollars a year and doesn't have to pay alimony must have one hell of a lawyer 😅 There must be an NDA from this divorce.

His current wife was an accomplished track star in college and is a instagram model. She's also a former track coach and they met when they were both at SC.

Elaborate
Joe Mixon, Dorial Green-Beckham ring any bells? Don’t get me started on the New Jack City Sooners under Switzer. What was the football dorm named in those days, The Carter?

Point being, with all the demons in OU football legacy, probably not a good idea to point fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT