ADVERTISEMENT

Musk making a power move to free Twitter

I like Musk for what he stands for and then I’m at San Marcos Outlet mall the other day and I see those car charging stations and then I’m reminded Musk has his own agenda

Reactions: CaptainZigZag
Lol. Dems everywhere shitting their pants at the thought of Orangeman being heard again
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...r-41billion-Tesla-CEO-offers-54-20-share.html
That people are concerned about the ownership of Twitter shows you that the US is run by oligarchs.
On another note, it’s laughable (rather, sad and outrageous) that the CEO is an immigrant to the US who has stated that he’s not concerned with the 1st amendment in running the platform. He gets all of the privileges of immigration and of Section 230 in running the company, but doesn’t view the 1st amendment as the guiding post on one of the most important communications platforms. Outrageous.

Last edited:
I like Musk for what he stands for and then I’m at San Marcos Outlet mall the other day and I see those car charging stations and then I’m reminded Musk has his own agenda
Like making money? I have that same agenda. He doesn't make laws or policies, if he creates a product and people buy it good for him.

Reactions: BobR and Belldozer1
Like making money? I have that same agenda. He doesn't make laws or policies, if he creates a product and people buy it good for him.
Yep as long as it’s not forced on them by an overzealous greedy government. I’m not a proponent of global warming and the like

You guys respect him, admire him, fine I'm not going to change any minds on this.

But he's still a scumbag.

No one here is thinking that you're going to change anyone's minds, but you still haven't said why you think that Musk is a "scumbag".
Hasn’t Musk been providing internet to Ukrainian’s during this war? I’m telling you, just the thought that Musk could potentially be opening the doors for free speech on Twitter is awakening Trump derangement syndrome in the Left. They are literally trying to redefine PTSD to include Trump derangement syndrome and get the medications and intense mental therapy covered under healthcare

Leadership should be job hunting. It’s lose-lose for them - the real scumbags:
1. Elon prevails and they’re out.
2. Elon’s offer is rejected (I don’t see how), shareholder suits ensue, and they’re out anyway for mismanagement.
Agree. He presented an offer that cannot be legally refused. I hear Trump is in the bullpen getting warmed up as I type this

Hasn’t Musk been providing internet to Ukrainian’s during this war? I’m telling you, just the thought that Musk could potentially be opening the doors for free speech on Twitter is awakening Trump derangement syndrome in the Left. They are literally trying to redefine PTSD to include Trump derangement syndrome and get the medications and intense mental therapy covered under healthcare
But the leftists are ok with providing Twitter and other media platforms to the Taliban during the Afghan debacle and to the cartels to coordinate the destruction of this country. Who are the real scumbags? Cali will never answer from the safety of his basement.

But the leftists are ok with providing Twitter and other media platforms to the Taliban during the Afghan debacle and to the cartels to coordinate the destruction of this country. Who are the real scumbags? Cali will never answer from the safety of his basement.

Having too much pride is a not a good trait. Anyone with half a brain knows how inept the left and their ilk is, but some people's pride gets in the way of being fair, objective and acknowledging their failures and mistakes.

Right now I'm very
I'm not necessarily disagreeing. I'm just asking why you have this opinion.
Right now I'm very busy especially with personal issues that no grandparent should never go thru and I hope no one on here ever does. But I have to say something on this and if I have some time to elaborate I will.

But in my eyes he'll always be a scumbag and no I'm not envious or jealous.

Reactions: weevilcatch
Right now I'm very

Right now I'm very busy especially with personal issues that no grandparent should never go thru and I hope no one on here ever does. But I have to say something on this and if I have some time to elaborate I will.

Why though? You haven't given any reason as to why you have this opinion.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Why though? You haven't given any reason as to why you have this opinion.

cali won't criticize anything about the liberal clan regardless of how egregious it is what they do. He's one who supports them regardless of how wrong that they are, and they're wrong 95% of the time. IMO this is telling of a person's character who supports the leftist agenda. They have no common sense, business sense and don't love America.

Right now I'm very

Not so busy that you can't write three different posts calling him a scumbag.

I have some time now.

Recently Elon Musk called himself a first amendment absolutist and I give a hard no to that statement. Elon Musk makes a mockery of the first amendment.

I read recently that Twitter has had a change and removed him from his board. The are public officials who's opinions I respect and trust.

Where do I start? In regards to Elon Musk it's about power to determine what people can say especially about him.

No oligarch should have this much power and make no mistake about it Mr Musk is an oligarch and he has no right to have this much power over our democracy. Yes our democracy because Mr Musk was not born here I assume most of you know he's Australian.

For all of us who defend capitalism and yes I'm one of them we need to know that an oligarchy is not good for markets or freedom.

Isn't it obvious to anyone besides me that Mr Musk wants to use his money to silence his critics?

I mentioned above that Elon Musk makes a mockery of the first amendment. He said Trump shouldn't have been kicked off the internet he said tech companies "shouldn't be the arbiters of free speech." But he uses Twitter to silence his critics of which he has many. He also does it at Tesla with his employees.

And speaking of his employees he fired them when they tried to unionize. Tesla's has had record profits since the pandemic but the way the way their employees have been treated is inhumane.

I could go on and in detail but I'll stop here. No oligarch should have this much power over the internet and that's Elon Musk's goal.

And I am not ok with this.

I have some time now.

Recently Elon Musk called himself a first amendment absolutist and I give a hard no to that statement. Elon Musk makes a mockery of the first amendment.

I read recently that Twitter has had a change and removed him from his board. The are public officials who's opinions I respect and trust.

Where do I start? In regards to Elon Musk it's about power to determine what people can say especially about him.

No oligarch should have this much power and make no mistake about it Mr Musk is an oligarch and he has no right to have this much power over our democracy. Yes our democracy because Mr Musk was not born here I assume most of you know he's Australian.

For all of us who defend capitalism and yes I'm one of them we need to know that an oligarchy is not good for markets or freedom.

Isn't it obvious to anyone besides me that Mr Musk wants to use his money to silence his critics?

I mentioned above that Elon Musk makes a mockery of the first amendment. He said Trump shouldn't have been kicked off the internet he said tech companies "shouldn't be the arbiters of free speech." But he uses Twitter to silence his critics of which he has many. He also does it at Tesla with his employees.

And speaking of his employees he fired them when they tried to unionize. Tesla's has had record profits since the pandemic but the way the way their employees have been treated is inhumane.

I could go on and in detail but I'll stop here. No oligarch should have this much power over the internet and that's Elon Musk's goal.

And I am not ok with this.
Cali was not on the debate team.

Reactions: BobR and Hoookem722
We live in two Americas. I lost interest after the first two paragraphs. "Musk makes a mockery of the first amendment"????? Twitter is the one that bans participants, not Musk!

"I read recently that Twitter has had a change and removed him from his board. They are public officials who's opinions I respect and trust. " Wrong again! (a) the Board members aren't "public officials". (b) They didn't remove him, he refused the invitation. Why? Because he would've been limited to 15% ownership - those "public officials who's opinions you respect and trust" were trying to put him on the Board so that he couldn't buy more stock - and save their positions - they literally are the "swamp" looking after themselves rather than shareholders.

"He uses twitter to silence his critics" - just how does he do that? He doesn't have the power to police - he just gets to tweet.

"I could go on and in detail" - I'm waiting for the first detail!

Cali - its ok to dislike something or someone, whether rational or irrational. But this sounded like an MSNBC script - you have nothing concrete except name calling.

For the record -- I applaud him for his contributions to the USA, and his purchase of Twitter will be great for the USA and for shareholders..

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT