ADVERTISEMENT

My latest acquisition

What's a good mid priced factory built AR-15? Not looking to break the bank and am not interested in building one piece by piece either.
https://thegunzone.com/best-ar-15-under-1000/

Here's the list. Just buy one with a quad-rail so you can outfit it with whatever makes you comfy. Foregrip, light, etc. I would go with a flat top so you can add whatever optics to it you wish. Ruger AR 556 is piston driven so you won't have those pesky stove pipe jams.

Reactions: DHHorn
https://thegunzone.com/best-ar-15-under-1000/

Here's the list. Just buy one with a quad-rail so you can outfit it with whatever makes you comfy. Foregrip, light, etc. I would go with a flat top so you can add whatever optics to it you wish. Ruger AR 556 is piston driven so you won't have those pesky stove pipe jams.

I've heard good things about the Bushmaster, but from that list the Ruger is probably the most popular. Second is the Savage Arms for me.

My next purchase is going to be lowers, probably about 4 or 5. If congress tries to outlaw the AR I want as many as possible. For those that aren't gun nuts, the lower is the part of the AR that the ATF tracks. The rest of the parts are just parts for the lower.

Took my Boss 25 to the range, the #1 comment I got was that is was a very intimidating fire arm. That was exactly what I was going for.

I've heard good things about the Bushmaster, but from that list the Ruger is probably the most popular. Second is the Savage Arms for me.

My next purchase is going to be lowers, probably about 4 or 5. If congress tries to outlaw the AR I want as many as possible. For those that aren't gun nuts, the lower is the part of the AR that the ATF tracks. The rest of the parts are just parts for the lower.

Took my Boss 25 to the range, the #1 comment I got was that is was a very intimidating fire arm. That was exactly what I was going for.
Solid weapon. The only one I know of that might people pee their pants more is the AA12

How old is that video, I thought that guy was no longer making videos? You know he doesn't even speak Russian, he came up with this fake accent and has ran with it.

Still, it was a cool video and a awesome gun, I wish I could legally get my hands on a fully auto shotgun. The Kalashnikov Komrad is semi auto but can be modified to full auto. They are hard to get and double what I paid for my Boss 25. I'd still love to own one of them.

Question for the group:

Does a relatively lightweight 450 Bushmaster exist for say...less than $850?

I think I have settled on this thumper for short work, less than 150 yards. I have seen a Bushmaster Carbine with 16” barrel at this price range But my last AR was a bushmaster ( 2 years ago) and the Quality Control on that rifle was non existent. It seemed like a toddler made both the upper and lower. Anyway, any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Question for the group:

Does a relatively lightweight 450 Bushmaster exist for say...less than $850?

I think I have settled on this thumper for short work, less than 150 yards. I have seen a Bushmaster Carbine with 16” barrel at this price range But my last AR was a bushmaster ( 2 years ago) and the Quality Control on that rifle was non existent. It seemed like a toddler made both the upper and lower. Anyway, any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
https://www.patriotarmsandsupply.com/450-Bushmaster-18-Thumper-p/ar-b45018124m.htm

Found one for $810.

Btw--- just giving you guys a heads up-- there are rounds that are easy to get, and rounds that are hard as he'll to get. The 450 bushmaster rounds are hard to get and if the fecal matter every collides with the over head oscillating rotors, you won't be finding any.

7.62x51
7.62x39
300 blackout

All rounds are easy to acquire and all rounds will kill something just as dead as a 450 bushmaster round. All rounds can be used in an AR platform.

Thanks For the response.

As to the price or availability, I roll everything I shoot. 223,22-250, 243, 308, 30-06 and 45-70.
I’ve killed 25-30 hogs and half a dozen deer with a 223 over the years and with a 60 grain partition it will kill anything and everything I hunt (no elk or bear). I just want something a little different. Thanks for the heads up. It is appreciated.

ADVERTISEMENT