ADVERTISEMENT

New Band, really...

This is one of the dumbest proposals I’ve heard in a long time. It creates voluntary segregation. And, once segregated by choice, the woke band will continue to bitch about inadequate funding, or lack of inclusion, or something else. Even though they’re in the JV band by choice. The admin is kicking the can down the road hoping the issue goes away. A chronic disease - liberalism - doesn’t go away on its own. Points to a weak admin that doesn’t want to tackle the problem head on.

Simple solution: Let the Longhorn Band Play and perform all UT Songs at all football games and let the “University Band” perform at all pick up sand lot games BUT they are not eligible for the partial scholarship and they wear jeans and band shirts at those performances. No need to waste a uniform on those SJW.

Simple solution: Let the Longhorn Band Play and perform all UT Songs at all football games and let the “University Band” perform at all pick up sand lot games BUT they are not eligible for the partial scholarship and they wear jeans and band shirts at those performances. No need to waste a uniform on those SJW.
You’re onto something.
“The University Band sponsored by Cardi B”! Let the SJWs go to their sponsors to pay for the non-burnt orange uni. No apparent affiliation with UT and CANNOT play any school songs. Freeze them out.

Last edited:
Reactions: horn4life11
You’re onto something.
“The University Bank sponsored by Cardi B”! Let the SJWs go to their sponsors to pay for the non-burnt orange uni. No apparent affiliation with UT and CANNOT play any school songs. Freeze them out.
This is excellent!!! I forgot to add that they should not have a University Director whose salary is paid for with tax payer dollars. They can simply draw up their own show maneuvers in the dirt like sand lot football games. You know, sort of like the Rice Mob. LOL

This is one of the dumbest proposals I’ve heard in a long time. It creates voluntary segregation. And, once segregated by choice, the woke band will continue to bitch about inadequate funding, or lack of inclusion, or something else. Even though they’re in the JV band by choice. The admin is kicking the can down the road hoping the issue goes away. A chronic disease - liberalism - doesn’t go away on its own. Points to a weak admin that doesn’t want to tackle the problem head on.
I guess the question in this day and age is, which band would have the most members? Unfortunately, it’s a valid question

Reactions: JDCPAgolferHorn
Every incoming and current band member should be interviewed. The rules/expectations should be clearly laid out that every band member WILL play The Eyes of Texas! If you don't agree with this tradition, then the UT band is NOT the place for you. Make them sign an agreement. If at any point they refuse to play The Eyes, show them the door!

The only way this makes sense to me is if this second bans is basically a competition marching band, akin to drum corps that compete in DCI contests.

The more UT caters to and appeases the Woke the more they will bitch.
110% agreed but let's not kid ourselves, UT IS a woke university in a woke city. It's almost like asking Berkley to invite Trump as a guest speaker.
The only difference is a large portion of donated $$ here resides in the hands of non-woke Texans. Without the $$ leverage EOT would have already been scrapped.

110% agreed but let's not kid ourselves, UT IS a woke university in a woke city. It's almost like asking Berkley to invite Trump as a guest speaker.
The only difference is a large portion of donated $$ here resides in the hands of non-woke Texans. Without the $$ leverage EOT would have already been scrapped.
And that's a "WHOLE LOTTA MONEY!"

Amen. And let's add a fan based kazoo band! The fan based singing/kazoos, along with the piped in music would do the trick. Adios, UT band, if you don't want to be there.
To take it one step further, if the Longhorn band won’t play it, I think the crowd should cheer loudly for the visiting band, and turn their backs when TLB takes the field. Just planting seeds here.

ADVERTISEMENT