ADVERTISEMENT

New Band, really...

As liberal as I am and with the racial beginnings that are undeniable I'm confident that this whole mess will work it itself out.

As liberal as I am I was talking with my son who's more liberal than me. We both agree that the origins need to be put in the closet and stay there. That was then this is now. I think its a good idea that the players stay on the field when the EoT is being played somebody suggested this and most of the players responded positively. We'd all like to see them throw up the Hookem but this is a good start.

But in the end the man who needs to lead the players on this issue is Sarkisian. Look last year was filled with dissension we all know that. But SS needs to take the team and unify them on this matter. One last thing they ARE going to play the EoT after the game if not by the band then by loudspeaker.

One last thing these kids DON'T hate their school. They very much want to be the ones to return TX to elite status. Want proof? It's a big reason why Bijan wanted to come here. Also the players had tears in their eyes singing TX fight after KSU game and the AB. That says a lot to me but nobody else on this board is impressed by this.

And we can do this without The Showband of the Southwest. It'll give people like Eitfl and the bmd something to do and away from the day to day affairs of the fb team which should make a lot of fans happy.

Ok I'm through now.

As liberal as I am and with the racial beginnings that are undeniable I'm confident that this whole mess will work it itself out.

As liberal as I am I was talking with my son who's more liberal than me. We both agree that the origins need to be put in the closet and stay there. That was then this is now. I think its a good idea that the players stay on the field when the EoT is being played somebody suggested this and most of the players responded positively. We'd all like to see them throw up the Hookem but this is a good start.

But in the end the man who needs to lead the players on this issue is Sarkisian. Look last year was filled with dissension we all know that. But SS needs to take the team and unify them on this matter. One last thing they ARE going to play the EoT after the game if not by the band then by loudspeaker.

One last thing these kids DON'T hate their school. They very much want to be the ones to return TX to elite status. Want proof? It's a big reason why Bijan wanted to come here. Also the players had tears in their eyes singing TX fight after KSU game and the AB. That says a lot to me but nobody else on this board is impressed by this.

And we can do this without The Showband of the Southwest. It'll give people like Eitfl and the bmd something to do and away from the day to day affairs of the fb team which should make a lot of fans happy.

Ok I'm through now.

The history of the university cannot be undone. Texas was a slave state. Fact. UT was founded and funded by ex confederates and segregation and Jim Crowe were a part of that for many years. Fact.

The Eyes of Texas happened to come along during this time and so must be framed in that context. News flash for the naive, but The University of Texas at Austin did not allow Black students until the 1950s. It's not the Eyes people have a problem with, it's the history of the whole school but they don't know what to do about it so they attack the song.

Move on people. Move on. Otherwise you'll be trying to cancel everything and be miserable about everything. The history of the human race, white, black, brown, yellow and every shade between is tainted. You have to get over it. And by the way all you snowflakes, your sh*t stinks too.

ADVERTISEMENT