ADVERTISEMENT

New Mexico St basketball world is upside down

westx

Dec 6, 2009
NMSU is immediately suspending mens' basketball for the rest of the season and all coaches are on paid leave. I know this is a little out of the way for 99% of you, but this is fairly interesting enough to post. I see a lot of it because of Las Cruces's 40 minute proximity to El Paso. Last fall there was an incident when NMSU went to ABQ to play UNM. There was a shooting incident (video provided) involving a NMSU basketball player. Now, the NMSU player (Peake) was supposedly lured by some UNM students so that they could beat the hell out of him, scare him or kill him, who knows and no reports I have seen as to why they would want to do that. Peake, in self defense, shot and killed one of the UNM students. Clearly self defense, but the issue is why did he have a gun (in the eyes of NMSU). It is a big stink that is still being investigated. Now, there was a hazing incident. 3 players constantly ganging up on one player in front of team and nobody every stops it.

Shooting video:

Hazing story:

I'm guessing Sir'Jabari Rice is glad he transferred away from that dumpster/toxic environment.

Reactions: westx
ADVERTISEMENT