ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft

Ouch, Patrick Surtain goes to Denver, right before cowboys pick. Dallas was targeting him.

I like the pick. It’s more than what my Texans, the continually growing dumpster fire, get today.

after 20 picks, Alabama owns 25% of the draft thus far at 5 picks. Not too shabby.

Well looks like Pete K had a UW player go on in the first round again....Cosmi is ranked behind Okie lite Tevin Jenkins. Cosmi is 8th position ranked 66 ovr rank grade 78. Ossai pos ranked 4th ovr rank 84 grade 74. They haven't even touched Safeties in the draft yet the number 1 safety is from Tcu Trevon Moehrig. Sterns is down the line and might not get drafted.

Reactions: westx
Well looks like Pete K had a UW player go on in the first round again....Cosmi is ranked behind Okie lite Tevin Jenkins. Cosmi is 8th position ranked 66 ovr rank grade 78. Ossai pos ranked 4th ovr rank 84 grade 74. They haven't even touched Safeties in the draft yet the number 1 safety is from Tcu Trevon Moehrig. Sterns is down the line and might not get drafted.
I think Ossai will kill it in the NFL

Reactions: JDCPAgolferHorn
And the cowgirls traded down.

The Cowboys were considering Patrick Surtain and Jaycee Horn, both DB's, and Micah Parsons, LB. Both DB's were picked before Dallas' selection at #10. The Cowboys have needs a DB and LB. Most draft experts had Parsons as the best defensive player in the draft. The Cowboys got the player that they wanted after both Surtain and Horn were no longer on the board. They moved down and got Parsons, and as a luxury, picked up a third round pick in this years draft by moving down. They did great by doing so and maximized their first round. Homerun decision!

Reactions: westx
Starting in the second round, the Cowboys have the 44th overall pick. I will do back flips if Christian Barmore, DT from Alabama is there. He'd be hard to pass up. If he's gone, they need either a CB or S.

We did it!!! A TX longhorn went in the second round. Not surprisingly it was Cosmi. He was 51st by the Redskins. Look all kidding about Cosmi aside you need to know 1 thing. I wasn't kidding when I said the jets have been losers for a long time. But the redskins? If Cosmi thought the coaches were bad wait till he gets a full dose of Dan Snyder.

We did it!!! A TX longhorn went in the second round. Not surprisingly it was Cosmi. He was 51st by the Redskins. Look all kidding about Cosmi aside you need to know 1 thing. I wasn't kidding when I said the jets have been losers for a long time. But the redskins? If Cosmi thought the coaches were bad wait till he gets a full dose of Dan Snyder.

The redskins won the division last year.....

The redskins won the division last year.....
True that but they were 7/8/1 in the worst division in the NFL. And I stand my assessment on Daniel Snyder. He** that first round qb didn't even last 2 years and Snyder was the reason why. And man I thought Jerry was bad about drafting.

Gone through the 2nd round and still no Joseph Ossai. Fwiw the Big XII improved in the second round we had 4 insert joke.

Finally!!! Joseph Ossai in the 3rd round.

" And with the 69th pick the Cincinnati Bengals select Joseph Ossai de out of Texas"

It's about damn time. And since he's going to a lousy team he could start this year.

I hope Joe Burrow doesn't tease him about the game 2 years ago.

Last edited:
True that but they were 7/8/1 in the worst division in the NFL. And I stand my assessment on Daniel Snyder. He** that first round qb didn't even last 2 years and Snyder was the reason why. And man I thought Jerry was bad about drafting.

Since Jerry has pretty much turned the draft and personnel decisions over to Stephen Jones, the Cowboys have drafted very well over the last six or seven years. Also, they haven't been signing older free agents to large, long term contracts like they did in the past.

Since Jerry has pretty much turned the draft and personnel decisions over to Stephen Jones, the Cowboys have drafted very well over the last six or seven years. Also, they haven't been signing older free agents to large, long term contracts like they did in the past.

They could of got a better corner than Nahshon Wright....

Reactions: LonghornMM
Perhaps we could do better in the draft if we didn’t have this epidemic of players with no self awareness leaving early. So many that just weren’t ready. You’d think they’d learn from their predecessors.
Dudes wanna get paid. The new revenue streams created by social media mean they gotta get their brand out there.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Perhaps we could do better in the draft if we didn’t have this epidemic of players with no self awareness leaving early. So many that just weren’t ready. You’d think they’d learn from their predecessors.
They all think they’re better than they really are. Sort of like selling a house ... we all think our house is worth more than it really is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT