ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft

We have another Longhorn off the board with the 148th pick the Atlanta Falcons pick Ta'Quon Graham
And yes you can now add Caden Sterns to that list. He went to the Broncos at 152. Let's see 2 1/2 rounds to go and we're still waiting for Brennan and Sam's names to be called.

The Cowboys were considering Patrick Surtain and Jaycee Horn, both DB's, and Micah Parsons, LB. Both DB's were picked before Dallas' selection at #10. The Cowboys have needs a DB and LB. Most draft experts had Parsons as the best defensive player in the draft. The Cowboys got the player that they wanted after both Surtain and Horn were no longer on the board. They moved down and got Parsons, and as a luxury, picked up a third round pick in this years draft by moving down. They did great by doing so and maximized their first round. Homerun decision!

And gave Philly a dynamic playmaker in the process.
I wouldn’t call it a home run just because of that.

And with the 218th pick in the 6th round the Indianapolis Colts select Sam Ehlinger qb from Texas.

Well that's how many players I was thinking would get drafted and they all fell where we thought they would. Congrats guys for all you did on the field and good luck in the NFL and always remember

HookemHorns

Perhaps we could do better in the draft if we didn’t have this epidemic of players with no self awareness leaving early. So many that just weren’t ready. You’d think they’d learn from their predecessors.
How old are you?

Sterns has all the athletic tools to be special. His problem is tackling, discipline, and slow reaction time. I hope he improves and becomes a solid NFL player.

Good to see Sam get drafted by the Colts. He's likely headed to someone's practice squad but if he's willing to contribute in other areas he might find a spot on someone's roster in a year or two. It's going to be very hard for him to earn a backup role anywhere. I could see him being a special teams contributor or an H-back/TE role. He could be a ST/H-back/TE/Swiss Army Knife player who can also be an emergency QB which would give a team roster flexibility which is extremely valuable in the NFL. That's his best path to make a roster IMO.

he did a 42 " vertical and a 4.38 forty!...That will never go undrafted.....in spite of being an underachiever

He tested well I agree and I figured he would get drafted but late. If he works hard enough he will start but needs to work on some things. Just not a fan of him after this season.

And gave Philly a dynamic playmaker in the process.
I wouldn’t call it a home run just because of that.

Easy to look at it that way. However, the Giants coveted DeVonta Smith, so he would have gone to them and still been in the NFC East. Dallas still got Micah Parsons, who they were going to select anyway, and picked up a free third round pick by moving down. Win/win, homerun.

Reactions: weevilcatch
Aww...I saw that 4.38 on the internet.....didn’t that make it true.

In all seriousness I did see 4.4 in several places

So do the Eagles. Hell, the whole NFC East is a disaster. I have no issue with the Cowboys making this trade. It was a win/win for them.

Anytime you get an extra pick and end up taking the guy you want anyway, that is a plus. Like I said before, directly giving your divisional rival a dynamic play maker is why I personally wouldn't say home run. I'd say A-

I do like Parsons...a lot.

Anytime you get an extra pick and end up taking the guy you want anyway, that is a plus. Like I said before, directly giving your divisional rival a dynamic play maker is why I personally wouldn't say home run. I'd say A-

I do like Parsons...a lot.

Yeah, but if the Eagles had not taken Smith, it was very likely that the Giants would have taken him and he still would have been in the division. Pick your poison.

Reactions: weevilcatch
We had 5 players drafted and a 6th signed a fa contract. This is the most players we've sent to the NFL in 6 years.

We had 5 players drafted and a 6th signed a fa contract. This is the most players we've sent to the NFL in 6 years.
Can’t tell if you’re cheering or just information sharing. By comparison, did you see how many AL players were drafted in the 1st round?

Can’t tell if you’re cheering or just information sharing. By comparison, did you see how many AL players were drafted in the 1st round?
Probably the latter. However it bothers me at how the NFL caliber talent has dropped so dramatically at Texas. A few years ago we were tied for 2nd for most players in the NFL. I doubt if were even in the top 20 now. I love Justin Tucker to death but it really blows that our best player in the NFL is a kicker.

ADVERTISEMENT