ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Saban accuses a&m of buying entire 2022 recruiting class

LonghornMM

Oct 23, 2002
Texas
Mike Craven May 18 9:53 pm

Nick Saban didn’t hold back from sharing his opinion of Texas A&M’s top-rated 2022 recruiting class to a room full of local business leaders during an event in Birmingham on Wednesday night. The Aggies signed a 30-man class that included eight five stars and rated as the best recruiting class in the current century.
“We were second in recruiting last year. A&M was first,” Saban said according to an Al.com report. “A&M bought every player on their team. Made a deal for name, image, and likeness.”
Alabama lost in College Station during the 2021 season and Texas A&M head coach Jimbo Fisher is a former Saban assistant. The Crimson Tide boss hinted that his program would be forced to follow suit to remain atop the college football mountain.

“We didn’t buy one player. Aight? But I don’t know if we’re going to be able to sustain that in the future because more and more people are doing it,” Saban reportedly said. “It’s tough.”
Texas A&M travels to Alabama on Oct. 8.

https://www.texasfootball.com/artic...zVJrzpe_z0X6XnoYkTAzGehTFvMaRz_VwvjosQGRHXVSM

Reactions: TexLou
“We didn’t buy one player. Aight? But I don’t know if we’re going to be able to sustain that in the future because more and more people are doing it,”
I guess that means he plans on sticking around a few more years. Interesting.

I guess that means he plans on sticking around a few more years. Interesting.
Either that or he’s going to use it ad the off ramp. He can say “I just can’t compete in this world college football is going yo hell I’m out”

Saban said Alabama players made $3 million "doing it the right way" last year and that only 25 players were able to leverage NIL opportunities.
“We didn’t buy one player. Aight? But I don’t know if we’re going to be able to sustain that in the future because more and more people are doing it"

So it seems as though he is fos like I said.

Not sure what "doing it the right way" is even supposed to mean.

Wow, in lying Jimbo’s epic rant where he denied that any of their players were bought(which is an outright lie) he said those rumors were all perpetuated by a guy on the internet that goes by the name “Sliced Bread”. In light of Saban’s comment, it’s fathomable to assume he very well may be “sliced bread”

what’s funny is when you have the Goat coming out and calling out Jimbo directly. A&M fan: nobody in the college football watching public believes for 1 second that A&M and Jimbo should be out recruiting Bama or anyone in the top 10 for that matter, without paying their recruits. I’ve heard A&M say that Jimbo is getting recruits by selling them on culture. Funny that hasn’t worked previously but here in 2022 when NIL rolls around it all of a sudden works? Chucklz.

I have a feeling that road game to Bama may get ugly for Aggie this year.

Nicky is a lying sack of sh*t if I had to guess. You think Bama doesn't have any NIL deals?
He said they had 3 million in NIL deals last season. But lets be real, Saban doesn't have to money whip those kids to convince them to go there. His results on the field and the number of NFL draft picks they produce every year speaks volumes.

He said they had 3 million in NIL deals last season. But lets be real, Saban doesn't have to money whip those kids to convince them to go there. His results on the field and the number of NFL draft picks they produce every year speaks volumes.
Now I can agree with that and thats probably why their NIL deals are currently so low. Over time though that isn't going to work imo. They are going to have to pony up eventually.

Bottom line is with the current situation NIL has created, to get the best recruits NIL inducements are a requirement. Best course of action is to laugh at Nick and organize the donor funding to kick their asses.

He knows Alabama can't keep up if everything is legal and in the open. The niche they had is fading away and he doesn't like it.

Just shows how one sport runs that school, but bama education can't compete with anyone. Some people just go to Bama to go for the glamor of one sport.

Wow, in lying Jimbo’s epic rant where he denied that any of their players were bought(which is an outright lie) he said those rumors were all perpetuated by a guy on the internet that goes by the name “Sliced Bread”. In light of Saban’s comment, it’s fathomable to assume he very well may be “sliced bread”

what’s funny is when you have the Goat coming out and calling out Jimbo directly. A&M fan: nobody in the college football watching public believes for 1 second that A&M and Jimbo should be out recruiting Bama or anyone in the top 10 for that matter, without paying their recruits. I’ve heard A&M say that Jimbo is getting recruits by selling them on culture. Funny that hasn’t worked previously but here in 2022 when NIL rolls around it all of a sudden works? Chucklz.

I have a feeling that road game to Bama may get ugly for Aggie this year.

The funny thing is, if the alumni/boosters do the bidding then there is NOTHING wrong or illegal, lol. But Jimbo is quadrupling down on his bullshit.

Look, they got the #1 player in like 5 different states and the best class of all time the exact year NIL is a thing. Do they really think people are that gullible?

And again...it's freaking legal, lol. Idiots

You guys are funny.

Just posting what Saban said. His words. He's not wrong. a&m did buy their class. However, he's being a hypocrite. Alabama and all $EC teams have paid players for decades, probably moreso than any other conference. The bottom line is kids want to go to Alabama because they develop their players and put lots of guys in the NFL. That's what kids want. The best chance to play in the NFL.

NIL is a game changer for sure. aggy got ahead of the game and trumped Saban and he's not happy. He'll figure out a way to keep the best recruits coming to Alabama. Texas has now fully embraced NIL and they won't be underbid by anyone. Until there is improved transparency and regulations put into place regarding NIL, most kids are going to go to the highest bidder for their services. Transparency and regulations are needed ASAP. NIL is going to ruin college sports if not.

The funny thing is, if the alumni/boosters do the bidding then there is NOTHING wrong or illegal, lol. But Jimbo is quadrupling down on his bullshit.

Look, they got the #1 player in like 5 different states and the best class of all time the exact year NIL is a thing. Do they really think people are that gullible?

Agree. Jimbo is a blowhard. No one believes his BS about NIL.

Exactly.

LOL Aggie fan you should be absolutely embarrassed to have this imbecile representing your team dang. Saban never insinuated that Aggie did something illegal but Dumbo here, makes it out that way. Seems like he tries to deflect by bring up that Saban is disparaging 17 year olds etc. LOL.
I was waiting for him to pull a Mike Gundy and call himself Forty etc. Jimbo is getting awfully defensive about something that’s legal unless of course their university and boosters did something that was illegal. Either way the NCAA is going to have a look see and may rip the carpet out from under Aggie before it’s all said and done.

Why is Aggie trying so hard to distance themselves from buying players when a mere 2 months a ago it’s was being touted and gloated about on Texags that if buying a membership over there part of that money goes into an NIL package to do what? Drumroll………….buy players!!! The average Joe can now participate in being a part of buying players. A$M is schooling everyone on improprieties of the NIL

https://texags.com/s/45315/watch-jimbo-fisher-holds-press-conference-to-respond-to-nick-saban

LOL Aggie fan you should be absolutely embarrassed to have this imbecile representing your team dang. Saban never insinuated that Aggie did something illegal but Dumbo here, makes it out that way. Seems like he tries to deflect by bring up that Saban is disparaging 17 year olds etc. LOL.
I was waiting for him to pull a Mike Gundy and call himself Forty etc. Jimbo is getting awfully defensive about something that’s legal unless of course their university and boosters did something that was illegal. Either way the NCAA is going to have a look see and may rip the carpet out from under Aggie before it’s all said and done.

Why is Aggie trying so hard to distance themselves from buying players when a mere 2 months a ago it’s was being touted and gloated about on Texags that if buying a membership over there part of that money goes into an NIL package to do what? Drumroll………….buy players!!! The average Joe can now participate in being a part of buying players. A$M is schooling everyone on improprieties of the NIL

https://texags.com/s/45315/watch-jimbo-fisher-holds-press-conference-to-respond-to-nick-saban
Because A&M did not pay their class through NIL. They dropped bags, Saban just didn't want to accuse them of blatantly cheating which is why he said NIL. Jimbo and everyone knows that the insinuation was that it was straight up cheating. Why Jimbo is so defensive is up for discussion.

Reactions: Belldozer1
Finebaum said there's only one school that can compete with a&m nil dollars, and that school is Texas. As much as I'd like to see our $$ actually produce results on the field, I hate the idea of bought wins....in any sport.
Here’s the deal@ Texas there’s actually hardware in the trophy case to lend credibility to attracting top recruits, at A$M not so much. In CFB you usually reap the benefits of good play but not in Aggie’s case. A$M is reverse engineering the recruiting game.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Here’s the deal@ Texas there’s actually hardware in the trophy case to lend credibility to attracting top recruits, at A$M not so much. In CFB you usually reap the benefits of good play but not in Aggie’s case. A$M is reverse engineering the recruiting game.

Agree. a&m has no skins on the wall. They're a wannabe program. They're trying to buy themselves a championship at any cost and will do anything to fit in. Yes, NIL is legal and is a game changer, but in typical a&m fashion, they have gone full aggy. When a&m travels to play Alabama this year, look out. Jimbo has tugged on Superman's cape and Superman isn't happy with the annoying gnat that aggy is. I can see Bama woodshedding the gomers.

It's about having the big money people who are willing to put in the money and care enough about football to do so.........

ADVERTISEMENT