ADVERTISEMENT

No more horns down

This has become popular for TX opponents the last 10 years. Another way of putting it as that it started at same time as our slide. If we want to stop it then lets starting being great and it will stop.
The last 10 years? Cmon man, where have you been. Horns down is ingrained in our rivalry. Did you just suddenly have a revelation?. You become woke. Smh.

Last edited:
It will only be called an unsportsmenship penalty for taunting an opposing player. Like the throat slice or Johnny football's money sign directed at an opponent. Horns down can still be thrown to the UT crowd and Horn fans can give a middle finger back. No biggie.
🤘
Taunting. Unsportsmanlike conduct. Gotta level the playing field right?

Makes Horns look like snowflakes.

Meh. Don't give a sh*t what anyone else thinks about it. I just want consistency in the application of the rules.

When thrown at Texas players, at the Texas sideline, and so forth, it's a taunt. If we're going to have a rule against taunting, then it should be flagged. If we want to allow it, then we need to stop flagging taunting in general. Mike Davis got flagged for holstering his Red Raider six-shooters after a TD against Tech, but horns-down by opposing players has gotten a free pass forever.

Just f*cking be consistent and treat similar things similarly. That's all I ask.

Meh. Don't give a sh*t what anyone else thinks about it. I just want consistency in the application of the rules.

When thrown at Texas players, at the Texas sideline, and so forth, it's a taunt. If we're going to have a rule against taunting, then it should be flagged. If we want to allow it, then we need to stop flagging taunting in general. Mike Davis got flagged for holstering his Red Raider six-shooters after a TD against Tech, but horns-down by opposing players has gotten a free pass forever.

Just f*cking be consistent and treat similar things similarly. That's all I ask.
Might wanna start playin better football. Then you throw the horns up. Ain't nobody gonna have a problem with that. Ain't no one should be cryin about the horns down or up either. That's bitch shit.

^^THIS^^
Let them be pussies, then knock their dicks in the dirt.
That will take care of it.

Don't need or want any zebra help.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
^^THIS^^
Let them be pussies, then knock their dicks in the dirt.
That will take care of it.

Don't need or want any zebra help.
My man, it ain't the refs, it's league policy, refs are the patsies. It's the league officials and soccer moms who call the shots.

I was referring to the other schools we play.
So what happened, besides the horn slide since Mac's departure, that all of the sudden with the horn's being down give you anal drip? It didn't just start 10 years ago. But you bring it up now in the middle of our political and social justice turmoil. Is this kinda thinking really gonna help yer program? Sounds like yer grasping at straws like woke.

Last edited:
Personally, I don’t give a shit if they want to flag OU players for throwing a horns down in front of other Texas players or their sideline. Having said that, there also needs to be a flag if Texas players give the horns up in front of other OU players or their sideline.

Neither team should be penalized giving either horns up or horns down to the opposing fans. JFC it ain’t that difficult, just be consistent. But somehow, someway the big 12 always figures out a way to fvck things up.

Reactions: SoonerEOE
I'm thinking "The eyes of Texas" might not last 1 or 2 more years at best before being erased from history.

I'm thinking "The eyes of Texas" might not last 1 or 2 more years at best before being erased from history.

Perhaps, with the woke crowd seeming to always get their way on ridiculous stuff like this. On another note, every non-OU fan is hoping that someone will be offended by the broken record Boomer Sooner song and it will be erased one day. 🤮

Perhaps, with the woke crowd seeming to always get their way on ridiculous stuff like this. On another note, every non-OU fan is hoping that someone will be offended by the broken record Boomer Sooner song and it will be erased one day. 🤮
I'm on your side brother. Seeing your university being pounded into oblivion by the woke pains me. I've lived in San Antonio for 35 years and have heard "The eyes of Texas" at countless games for 50+ years during our rivalry and wouldn't have it any other way, never bothered me for one minute. What's your band gonna play now? In my opinion, sleepy's trying to take over this great state which is Texas. Abbott's buckin though. 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: LonghornMM
In case people haven’t seen how we’ve been shredded for this rule on social media:

This is just Twitter. Same shit everywhere else. Well done everyone.

Same as StL. We have been fierce rivals for what, 95 years? Wasn't first Cotton Bowl game in 1929? You do Horns up. We do Horns down. You play Eyes of Texas. We play Boomer Sooner (yeah, I know stolen from Yale). Good times. And now flags for having fun?

Meh …
Just win and give the opponents less opportunity to taunt (as that’s what it effectively is).
Refs need to be consistent in applying the taunting rules. Otherwise, horns down should just motivate us more to kick ass.

Reactions: weevilcatch
As long as it's only a penalty when directed at the UT players or coaches, I think we can live with that.

See you on Oct 9th. ;)

As long as it's only a penalty when directed at the UT players or coaches, I think we can live with that.

See you on Oct 9th. ;)

I don't think you'll find too many Horn fans the disagree with you. Horns down has been around for damn near 60 years. The crying about players not being able to do it in the face of a Texas player has been around for less than 10.

Lighten up there Francis' (opposing fans). Texas fans had nothing to do with the implementation of this rule. It's no different than getting in another players face and doing the throat slash thing. I couldn't care less if other players and fans do the Horns down though. As some others have said, winning will take care of this kind of thing.

Hook'em!

Don't understand why it's an issue. Horns down doesn't hurt anyone, I wonder who is driving this.

ADVERTISEMENT