Not one to ask for help....

GQ03

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2004
I recently lost my father (two days before father's day to be exact) and getting lost in Longhorn team/recruiting news has been a great escape from my mind traveling to the fact that I've had my last conversation with him, my 3 year-old & 8 month old daughters have created their last memories with him, or that he'll never attend his 1st live Dallas Cowboys game (biggest Cowboys fan I knew) that my brother and I were planning to take him to this fall.

He was visiting Nigeria to stand in place of his older brother (who passed away 6 months ago) as one of his children (my cousin) got married. As the oldest male, I now need to plan for a funeral in a country I'm a bit unfamiliar with while also finding a way to make sure my family is present to pay their final respects. While trying to be strong for my family, especially my mother who lost her husband of nearly 50 years I haven't had a ton of time to even grieve myself. I was hesitant to do this but I figured I'd reach out to my orangebloods brothers (and sisters) and ask for your help and/or prayers. Below is a link to a gofundme account and anything would be greatly appreciated:

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.