ADVERTISEMENT

Now back to sports

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
Like him or not Tom Brady is going back to the SB. And it will be his 10th. He's already won 6 and nobody else can match that. If he wins 7 it may never be broken and if it does I'll be dead by then and by then it won't matter. The only other athlete in the modern era who can match that is Michael Jordan. And he's 43 years old.

Reactions: westx
If KC makes it to the SB, I would expect GOAT and that record would be extra motivation for Brady and Mahomes

Like him or not Tom Brady is going back to the SB. And it will be his 10th. He's already won 6 and nobody else can match that. If he wins 7 it may never be broken and if it does I'll be dead by then and by then it won't matter. The only other athlete in the modern era who can match that is Michael Jordan. And he's 43 years old.
Sorry I have a huge blindspot for Brady's greatness; too many red flags and billows of smoke. My gut tells me he is the poster boy for Summers Eve who will do anything...

Reactions: LonghornMM
Sorry I have a huge blindspot for Brady's greatness; too many red flags and billows of smoke. My gut tells me he is the poster boy for Summers Eve who will do anything...

Will do anything to win in fb? I don't see how that makes him any different than any other player or coach I've seen. He deflated fb's? I still don't see how that makes him any different than any other player or coach I've seen. I'm trying to be funny and repeat something the great Dan Jenkins once said. Cheating in the NFL? You ever heard of a guy named Al Davis? And c'mon a sooner talking about somebody bending the rules?

First time in history where a team will play at home for a Super Bowl. And crazy it was Brady to do it. Cowboys had a chance too but Green Bay partied instead. Brady is laughing now at Belichick and the Crafts. The GOAT was not done.

Brady wasn't asked to leave New England, trust me. He knew he wasn't done, but the current Patriots were. They would have needed to create cap space simply to give Tom a contract well below market value, then would have zero left to improve the lacking roster. Before the players starting opting out because of Covid, their cap space was literally in the thousands.

Tom wouldn't have sniffed the Super a Bowl if he stayed with the Pats this season, and I think he knew that. At his age, I certainly don't blame him for not sticking around.

Reactions: westx
Brady wasn't asked to leave New England, trust me. He knew he wasn't done, but the current Patriots were. They would have needed to create cap space simply to give Tom a contract well below market value, then would have zero left to improve the lacking roster. Before the players starting opting out because of Covid, their cap space was literally in the thousands.

Tom wouldn't have sniffed the Super a Bowl if he stayed with the Pats this season, and I think he knew that. At his age, I certainly don't blame him for not sticking around.

Brady and Belichick were not on the best of terms already. Brady did this for many other reasons and pretty much stick it to him.

That’s false. Before the opt outs they had roughly 26 million in cap space. After the opt outs they had upwards of 36 million. Brady signed a 2 year deal for 60 million so 30 a year. There was plenty of money there. It was simply both parties mutually agreeing to move on and start over.

I've never been a "fan" of Brady. There's nothing about him that is physically exceptional. All great quarterbacks have had something physically exceptional about them.

Montana had incredible ball placement. Uncanny.
Marino had the fastest release time I've ever seen.
Favre threw the most incredible deep ball. And he threw a beautiful ball. I mean it was gorgeous.
Elway had a fvcking rocket launcher. Dude could throw it through a concrete wall.
Aikman is still the most accurate QB in playoff history.
Steve young's ability to scramble and extend the play was paramount to his success.
Manning could come to the line and regardless of what defense you were disguising, he already knew what you were in.

Brady-- Brady has no deep ball. He has average arm strength at best. He throws an ugly ball. His foot speed is so slow they use a sun dial to time his forty yard dash. There's nothing about his that is exceptional.

The dude just wins.

Last edited:
4 is still impressive but two of those wins were given to them. Dumb call by Pete Carroll gave that one away. Atlanta runs the ball three times, forces NE to use all TO's, kicks FG and that game is over. Poor coaching handed two more to Brady. He still had to get it done; my point is he would not have been able to with good clock management.

That’s false. Before the opt outs they had roughly 26 million in cap space. After the opt outs they had upwards of 36 million. Brady signed a 2 year deal for 60 million so 30 a year. There was plenty of money there. It was simply both parties mutually agreeing to move on and start over.

The opt outs gave them the $26 million, then the NFL informed teams the prorated portion of their signing bonuses would be off the books for 2020 as well, that's where that extra $10 million came from. The Pats had around $1 million in cap space going into the draft.

If Brady was under contract for 2020, I highly doubt he would have been cut. But if you're Tom, a free agent, realizing there's not much the Pats can do to improve a team that was struggling to end 2019, and would undoubtedly be losing key players in free agency, why would you want to stay for a transition year at the age of 43?

The opt outs gave them the $26 million, then the NFL informed teams the prorated portion of their signing bonuses would be off the books for 2020 as well, that's where that extra $10 million came from. The Pats had around $1 million in cap space going into the draft.

If Brady was under contract for 2020, I highly doubt he would have been cut. But if you're Tom, a free agent, realizing there's not much the Pats can do to improve a team that was struggling to end 2019, and would undoubtedly be losing key players in free agency, why would you want to stay for a transition year at the age of 43?
There's truth in there.

There's also truth in Brady thinking he can do it without Bill-- and Bill thinking he can do it without Tom.

There's truth in there.

There's also truth in Brady thinking he can do it without Bill-- and Bill thinking he can do it without Tom.

Oh no doubt they would both like to win one without the other, but I don't think Brady would have asked for his release, and I don't think Belichick would decide to cut him. And while Kraft has stayed out of roster decisions, I'm 100% certain he would have vetoed a Brady release anyway.

The state of the Pats roster the year Brady is a free agent made it an easier decision for both parties to move on.

I've never been a "fan" of Brady. There's nothing about him that is physically exceptional. All great quarterbacks have had something physically exceptional about them.

Favre threw the most incredible deep ball. And he threw a beautiful ball. I mean it was gorgeous.
Elway had a fvcking rocket launcher. Dude could throw it through a concrete wall.
Steve young's ability to scramble and extend the play was paramount to his success.
Manning could come to the line and regardless of what defense you were disguising, he already knew what you were in.

Brady-- Brady has no deep ball. He has average arm strength at best. He throws an ugly ball. His foot speed is so slow they use a sun dial to time his forty yard dash. There's nothing about his that is exceptional.

The dude just wins.

Which is why he was a 6th round pick. His psych eval must've been through the roof.

There is no reason why this dude should have multiple SB rings, much less 6 with a possible 7th in a couple weeks.

4 is still impressive but two of those wins were given to them. Dumb call by Pete Carroll gave that one away. Atlanta runs the ball three times, forces NE to use all TO's, kicks FG and that game is over. Poor coaching handed two more to Brady. He still had to get it done; my point is he would not have been able to with good clock management.

I think one could point to every Super Bowl run and win and say "if this didn't happen, they wouldn't be there."

It is narrative only used on Brady because for some reason people hate winners. I don't get it...at all.

I think one could point to every Super Bowl run and win and say "if this didn't happen, they wouldn't be there."

It is narrative only used on Brady because for some reason people hate winners. I don't get it...at all.

I don't particularly like Brady, but your take is spot on.

Reactions: weevilcatch
Which is why he was a 6th round pick. His psych eval must've been through the roof.

There is no reason why this dude should have multiple SB rings, much less 6 with a possible 7th in a couple weeks.
Interesting take on the psych evaluation. There has to be something there that all the GOATs (Ronaldo, Woods, Jordan) have. He scored a 33 on the Wonderlic - nothing outstanding. But, his anti-inflammatory diet that he follows is extremely regimented and he doesn't take any shortcuts. Maybe he is manic about film study. Perhaps, he is insanely good at reading defenses - better than Manning.

I did see him play live a few years back and it was impressive. He just stood in the pocket and delivered. Each pass was perfectly timed and on the mark. He got rid of the ball so quickly he never had to move in the pocket. Over and over and over again. It was like watching a video game.

Reactions: weevilcatch
Interesting take on the psych evaluation. There has to be something there that all the GOATs (Ronaldo, Woods, Jordan) have. He scored a 33 on the Wonderlic - nothing outstanding. But, his anti-inflammatory diet that he follows is extremely regimented and he doesn't take any shortcuts. Maybe he is manic about film study. Perhaps, he is insanely good at reading defenses - better than Manning.

I did see him play live a few years back and it was impressive. He just stood in the pocket and delivered. Each pass was perfectly timed and on the mark. He got rid of the ball so quickly he never had to move in the pocket. Over and over and over again. It was like watching a video game.

Right on about his diet. Dustin Johnson in golf is very similar. You can't compete a high level for this long if you don't take care of your body. Hell, I'm one year younger and I hurt after playing with my 10 year old.

He gets a bad rap because he throws a lot to RBs and open receivers. I also don't get this...so because a QB is so good at reading the coverage that he chooses the open guy almost every time, he sucks?

His Y/C is another stat people point to as to why Brady isn't as good as Manning, Rodgers and Brees. So again, because his plan as a QB is to control the ball, churn out 1st downs, wear down the defense and not turn the ball over, he sucks?

Yep, luckiest QB of all time, 10x now. He now has as many NFC championships as Brees and Rodgers have...

Reactions: JDCPAgolferHorn

The dude just wins.
And in the end that’s all that matters.

ADVERTISEMENT