ADVERTISEMENT

OB 24-hour Auction: Raising $ for Haruka Weiser fund (Including lunch/Franklin with the OB staff)

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001
Guys, this is the beginning of our five-day silent auction extravaganza that he hope will push us beyond the 25K mark in raising money for the Haruka Weiser Fund, which we've been allowed to participate in with special consideration.

We're at the 12K mark thus far. For the next 5 days, we're going to have a 24 hour auction (from noon to noon) of five special items. You'll place your bid in this thread. The highest bid at noon on Tuesday will be the winner and then you'll send the money directly to the Haruka Weiser page and we'll confirm the donations through the back-end.

ALL PROCEEDS go to the Weister fund. All of it.

So, here we go. Here's a list of the first five items.

1. Lunch at Franklin BBQ with the entire Orangebloods staff (current high bid is $3000)

We'll wait in line. We'll get the food. We'll eat wherever you want to eat. The bottom line is that we're offering a 2-hour BBQ lunch with up to 9 of your friends to eat all you can handle Franklins, while talking UT athletics (and everything else) with Alex, Anwar, Dustin, Jason and myself.

We'll do it on your terms and when you're available.

2. An autographed Kevin Durant limited edition print in a Texas uniform (current high bid is $1,000).

I donating this from my own collection of work that was created by local Austin artist Robert Hurst (adamnfineartist.com). It's framed and it is just stunning work from Robert. Again, this comes from my collection of memorabilia.

adfa_2272_41815524

3. A bottle of Elmer T Lee bourbon (current high bid is $1100).

Donated by Orangebloods member @lprhi . From what I've been told, not only has this bad boy been fetching $350-$400 at other silent auctions, but it is nearly impossible to get your hands on. I hope you bourbon drinkers are excited.
80244007737.jpg

4. Two autographed David Thomas mini-helmets (current high bid is $300)

David's father is an OB subscriber and was good enough to have David donate a few autographed helmets for a silent auction from a few years ago and we ended up having a couple of left over, which I have been saving for an occasion such as this.

One is a Texas mini-helmet and the other is a Patriots mini-helmet. Both are signed with the numbers from both teams.

ndnd5fgtuzjdohkf71vz

5. An autographed Jimmy Johnson Dallas Cowboys SI cover (current high bid is $400)

Another piece from my personal collection that I am putting up for this fundraiser. When I was 15 back in 1991, I had Jimmy Johnson personally sign a copy of my Sports Illustrated. It has been in the same frame for the last 25 years untouched, but I will make sure it is framed nicely upon delivery.

Here's a copy of the issue. Again, I will post a copy of the autographed piece and post it asap. It's in very good, but probably not mint condition. I'm giving away a personal memory because I believe so much in this cause.

gkaex0ijzjgc3fix2113

You have 24 hours to enter your bids. We'll unveil five more items tomorrow at noon when this round concludes.

Last edited:
Who is going to start us off?

It's simple - just say the item and list your bid.

Someone get us started.

Durant Painting $500 and would add $500 if you can secure a KD autograph on it.

Also, we're going to have a ton of items I think some of you will really like, including...

a. A chance to sit in and join an entire Orangebloods podcast with the OB team.
b. I'm trying to set up a package where we send you with McComas to either a Spurs/Rockets playoff game.
c. I think there's a chance we're going to have a Houston Dynamo behind the curtains experience that will include me joining them for the game.

Still working on building out list, but we're going to have some fun, unique items to bid on.

ADVERTISEMENT