ADVERTISEMENT

OB Auction No.2: Raising $ for Haruka Weiser fund (5 new special items - buy Alex or me)

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001
Guys, I don't know that I've ever been prouder of the board.

With the $6300 raised in the first day of the silent auctions, we've pushed our total donations to the Haruka Weiser fund to beyond $20,000 with four more days of auctions to go.

Seriously, bravo.

REMINDER: ALL PROCEEDS go to the Weister fund. All of it.

So, here we go. Here's a list of the next five items.

1. Draft Night Party at Pluckers with yours truly (current high bid: $850)

A reserved table at the Austin-area Pluckers location of your choosing on the night of the NFL Draft, where myself and your party of four will have a blast with Pluckers picking up the tab. We'll talk Texas football and Draft stuff all night long, while watching the entire first round of the NFL Draft. Oh, and Pluckers is throwing in a $100 gift card because... It's Pluckers.

2. A authentic Texas Longhorns football helmet signed by the great Tommy Nobis (current high bid: $1500)

One of our Orangebloods subscribers wanted to get into the action with a donation to the cause. DeLoss Dodds personally had it signed by Tommy as a gift from the school to the person donating it.

c88wg0oz1ppobf0t2iau

3. A bottle of W.L. Weller bourbon (current high bid: $950)

It's been described as "the poor man's Van Winkle 12", but at a more reasonable price. Per our source of donation, it's hard to find these days. Here's a review.

IMG_0486.jpg

4. A limited edition Darrell Royal autographed print. (current high bid: $1250)

Donated by Robert Hurst of ADamnFineArist.com, there are only 200 of these signed prints in existence. As Robert said last night about donating the print to the fundraising efforts, "It's what Coach Royal would have wanted." Amen.

adfa_2272_60887607

5. Your own Fantasy Football behind-the-scenes GM in Alex Dunlap... oh, and one great lunch at Stiles Switch BBQ. (current high bid: $500)

Allow one of the best fantasy football minds in the industry to be your secret weapon throughout the 2017 fantasy football season. From draft prep to sitting/working with your live drafts to helping you with sit/starts and trade advice, Alex will lead you to a championship. Apparently, he did this in a silent auction for @a_hornsfan and the winning bidder took home first place this year. As part of the deal, we'll pick up the tab for one lunch/strategy session at one of our favorite spots in town for some BBQ/draft prep/UT football talk.

You have 24 hours to enter your bids. We'll unveil five more items tomorrow at noon when this round concludes.

Last edited:
I know it is not possible because of offseason workouts but it would be cool if you could do a "Meet-N-Greet" with the current Longhorn Football Staff.

I know, I know. It will not happen. Trying to think of other auction items.

Guys, I don't know that I've ever been prouder of the board.

With the $6000 raised in the first day of the silent auctions, we've pushed our total donations to the Haruka Weiser fund to beyond $20,000 with four more days of auctions to go.

Seriously, bravo.

REMINDER: ALL PROCEEDS go to the Weister fund. All of it.

So, here we go. Here's a list of the next five items.

1. Draft Night Party at Pluckers with yours truly.

A reserved table at the Austin-area Pluckers location of your choosing on the night of the NFL Draft, where myself and your party of four will have a blast with Pluckers picking up the tab. We'll talk Texas football and Draft stuff all night long, while watching the entire first round of the NFL Draft. Oh, and Pluckers is throwing in a $100 gift card because... It's Pluckers.

2. A authentic Texas Longhorns football helmet signed by the great Tommy Nobis

One of our Orangebloods subscribers wanted to get into the action with a donation to the cause. DeLoss Dodds personally had it signed by Tommy as a gift from the school to the person donating it.

c88wg0oz1ppobf0t2iau

3. A bottle of W.L. Weller bourbon

It's been described as "the poor man's Van Winkle 12", but at a more reasonable price. Per our source of donation, it's hard to find these days. Here's a review.

IMG_0486.jpg

4. A limited edition Darrell Royal autographed print.

Donated by Robert Hurst of ADamnFineArist.com, there are only 200 of these signed prints in existence. As Robert said last night about donating the print to the fundraising efforts, "It's what Coach Royal would have wanted." Amen.

adfa_2272_60887607

5. Your own Fantasy Football behind-the-scenes GM in Alex Dunlap... oh, and one great lunch at Stiles Switch BBQ.

Allow one of the best fantasy football minds in the industry to be your secret weapon throughout the 2017 fantasy football season. From draft prep to sitting/working with your live drafts to helping you with sit/starts and trade advice, Alex will lead you to a championship. Apparently, he did this in a silent auction for @a_hornsfan and the winning bidder took home first place this year. As part of the deal, we'll pick up the tab for one lunch/strategy session at one of our favorite spots in town for some BBQ/draft prep/UT football talk.

You have 24 hours to enter your bids. We'll unveil five more items tomorrow at noon when this round concludes.
The Weller 12 is legit. Just finished off one bottle here. Solid bourbon. Bid it up.

Hell I'd love a tour of the facilities from Coach Herman. I dont meant the weak one where you get to see the trophy room, get on the field and see a box with a 16 year old intern.

I mean the same tour a recruit would get.

You could sell tickets with all of the proceeds going to the fund. Would just need to get TH and company on board.

Hell I'd love a tour of the facilities from Coach Herman. I dont meant the weak one where you get to see the trophy room, get on the field and see a box with a 16 year old intern.

You could sell tickets with all of the proceeds going to the fund. Would just need to get TH and company on board.
That would be a rainmaker for sure. Sounds crazy enough that it just might work, if one knew how to reach the right people.

I wish we could, but the school can't be involved. It's one of the reasons why we don't have it any Texas game packages.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT