ADVERTISEMENT

***Offical CWS Thread of Redemption and Ass Whip***

Those pitchers Bednar and Sims are incredible actually that whole staff is. I don't think there's any solace in losing to the team that won the title. But why does have it to be an SEC school remember KY in vb?

To be honest I'd rather lose to Princeton than an SEC school.

Those pitchers Bednar and Sims are incredible actually that whole staff is. I don't think there's any solace in losing to the team that won the title. But why does have it to be an SEC school remember KY in vb?

To be honest I'd rather lose to Princeton than an SEC school.
So you would’ve rather lost to ACU than, say, Kentucky in MBB?

Reactions: CaptainZigZag
Congrats to MS. We took them to the wire but they had the magic this year. I look forward to next year. Should be another trip to Omaha.

Not trying to be a sore loser, but I'd bet money that we would beat them in a regular 3 game series when both teams have all their pitching available. We couldn't beat their ace but I think we would have won the next two. It was bad timing that we kept getting matched up with their ace. Going through the loser bracket is a tall task for any team. Such is baseball.

I would love for Texas and OU to move to the $EC. It won't happen. Nice job MSU.

Not trying to be a sore loser, but I'd bet money that we would beat them in a regular 3 game series when both teams have all their pitching available. We couldn't beat their ace but I think we would have won the next two. It was bad timing that we kept getting matched up with their ace. Going through the loser bracket is a tall task for any team. Such is baseball.

Yeah, losing your first game in a tournament puts you in a very bad spot. Fighting through the losers bracket burns up your pitching and gets your rotation all out of whack. Win your first two games at the CWS and you're set up. Call me biased, but I think that Texas was the best team in Omaha. Congrats to MSU for winning it all.

Yeah, losing your first game in a tournament puts you in a very bad spot. Fighting through the losers bracket burns up your pitching and gets your rotation all out of whack. Win your first two games at the CWS and you're set up. Call me biased, but I think that Texas was the best team in Omaha. Congrats to MSU for winning it all.

MM i agree with you, we were the best team there.

Hook 'Em

Undoubtably. Bad timing to clam up in game 1. MS deserves it. I don’t give a sh^t about SEC. Aggie can post a new trophy on their wall.

Reactions: CaptainZigZag
According to the MLB Draft Ty was not the top pitcher in the Big 12.

21. Chicago Cubs: Jordan Wicks, LHP, Kansas State​

Since seeing Ty pitch game 1 in Arlington I just didn't see it and him getting racked at the end of the year didn't help his stock either. Looks like second round is up next and Ty will probably be drafted then. Didn't live up to his expectations. Pitchers from other schools I have not heard of got their named called, but Rocker and Leiter both went in the top 10.

Last edited:
According to the MLB Draft Ty was not the top pitcher in the Big 12.

21. Chicago Cubs: Jordan Wicks, LHP, Kansas State​

Since seeing Ty pitch game 1 in Arlington I just didn't see it and him getting racked at the end of the year didn't help his stock either. Looks like second round is up next and Ty will probably be drafted then. Didn't live up to his expectations. Pitchers from other schools I have not heard of got their named called, but Rocker and Leiter both went in the top 10.

Very interesting. I wonder if it was a signability thing? He (Ty) was ranked by pretty much everyone in the top 10.

Very interesting. I wonder if it was a signability thing? He (Ty) was ranked by pretty much everyone in the top 10.

The draft was interesting watching cause many guys that thought they were going to be top picks fell down the charts. Number 6 pick kid out of Dallas Jesuit plays SS he was projected as the number 1 pick. The number 1 pick was a catcher from the University of Louisville.

Reactions: weevilcatch
We don't have a single bat currently that is a top 5-6 pick for a club that would bring significant bonus money. The only for sure player that is gone is Madden (non-senior).

Aroin is back
Zubia is gone I guess...did he say he was because I think he has a year left. He'll be a FA sign, maybe 17-20 rd. pick
Daly is back
Williams can get drafted, but he won't be a top 4-6 round pick IMO
Faltine is back
Kennedy can get drafted, but I doubt he does. He'll be back
Antico is gone
Hodo is back
Melendez can get drafted, it'll be interesting to see where he is taken. He has plus power, but I wouldn't take him or offer him enough where he'd want to leave.

That is 5 coming back for sure IMO, and probably 7 bats coming back.

Madden is gone. He'll be a top 15 overall pick. Thanks for the good times young man!
Stevens is a tricky one. He is 22 I think already and has a TJ in his past. If he has any desire to play pro ball he needs to go if drafted. He doesn't have the arm or stuff to be a really high pick, but he is certainly draftable/signable. With MLB cracking down on the amount of affiliated clubs, less guys will be drafted/signed however.
Hansen is back
Nixon is back
Witt is back
Quintanilla can get drafted, but unless he just doesn't like school I think he will be back
Kubichek can get drafted, but I don't think he will.

We should have a very solid core back. We need an ace to develop and we need guys like Daly, Melendez and Williams to become elite bats.

Zubia was a 20th round pick as it turns out. Figured he would be taken. Good for him and best of luck to him!
Cam was a 19th rounder. Draft and hope situation. He should be back. **Editing as I didn't realize Cam was 23/24 already...he needs to sign and go! Thanks Cam!!! Terrific Horn**
Kennedy was not drafted...he should be back
Congrats to Antico as well...moving on a couple hundred thousand richer!!
Melendez was a 16th rounder and I doubt he'll get much money offered, if any. He should be back, unless he doesn't like school

That is our hitters. We should only lose 2 bats. Zubia and Antico are big bats to replace, that is still a lot of production to come back. 3 bats will need to be replaced.

Madden was a compensation A pick. Shocked he fell to 32. Huge for Detroit. Thanks for the memories and enjoy your 2 and 1/2 mil :)
Stevens was not drafted. He should be back, unless he gets a FA offer late summer
Hansen was not drafted. He should definitely come back
Quintanilla was taken in the 9th round. That doesn't come with a big bonus, but he does have eligibility so could use that as leverage. I'm not super surprised he was taken that early as he has a plus arm. I change my mind from above...I think he's gone.
Kubichek ended up getting drafted. I still think he is back.

That is most of our staff. The ace is gone and one huge arm in the bullpen, but that is it! I don't think signee Josh Stewart was drafted, so he could take the bullpen spot that will be open due to Witt most likely moving into the spot Madden will leave open. Texas has 2-3 more elite arms coming in with Stewart. Staff is going to be legit next year if an Ace can emerge.

If I get picked in the 20th round of anything other than a "who looks hottest in a G-string" draft, I'm going to thank my lucky stars that get to go back to college.

If I get picked in the 20th round of anything other than a "who looks hottest in a G-string" draft, I'm going to thank my lucky stars that get to go back to college.

Are you saying Zubia and Cam should come back? If those dudes have any desire to see what they can do in pro ball they have to go. Or were you recently in a g-string draft? Or both? 😂 🤘

I'm sure you know this, but once upon a time Mike Piazza was a 62nd rounder, lol. That was back when the draft lasted as long as teams wanted to keep making picks. Crazy that it is only 20 rounds now.

Are you saying Zubia and Cam should come back? If those dudes have any desire to see what they can do in pro ball they have to go. Or were you recently in a g-string draft? Or both? 😂 🤘

I'm sure you know this, but once upon a time Mike Piazza was a 62nd rounder, lol. That was back when the draft lasted as long as teams wanted to keep making picks. Crazy that it is only 20 rounds now.
Piazza was drafted as a favor. Did you know that?

Reactions: weevilcatch
Great news! We need Melendez's bat next year, and he could benefit from another year of college ball. Hopefully he can increase his batting average and number of home runs next year and progress. I hoping that Eric Kennedy also will be back.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
With Ivan back UT will be preseason top 5, or maybe 1. Any other teams out there bringing back or adding this level of talent?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT