ADVERTISEMENT

Offical Texas vs West Texas Chlamydia game thread

I have zero confidence in a Tom Herman run program at Texas. Texas will routinely find dumb ass ways to not put teams away. And 3-4 times a year it will be too much to overcome.

Texas will go at best 7-3 this year.
I’ll go out on a limb right now. With the Roster, and coordinators Herman has plus what is happening in the SEC right now... if Herman doesn’t get to the CFP this year it won’t happen. Everything is set up for him. Kinda like Mack with VY

This is why I don’t buy Tom Herman has a big time coach. Teams lack discipline. When you watch the Saban, belichek, Meyer type teams they are all solid on special teams.
Perspective-- Houston Baptist threw for 572 yards against Tech in their last game.

The two leading relievers in that game for Houston Baptist were----- true freshmen.

One kid had 5 grabs for 209 with 2tds and the other had 12 for 130 and 1 td.

I’ll go out on a limb right now. With the Roster, and coordinators Herman has plus what is happening in the SEC right now... if Herman doesn’t get to the CFP this year it won’t happen. Everything is set up for him. Kinda like Mack with VY

It isn't going to happen. Herman is slightly above mediocre. Nothing he does is elite. I hate it and I hope I am wrong, but this point is continuously proven, even in game 42 of the TH era.

How is Cade Brewer our starting TE? That was god awful. You have to be more concerned with securing the football than hitting the ground.

It isn't going to happen. Herman is slightly above mediocre. Nothing he does is elite. I hate it and I hope I am wrong, but this point is continuously proven, even in game 42 of the TH era.
I would agree. I wouldn’t say he’s mediocre. I’d call him good, because he will win big games. I think if you are lucky he will have a Mack Brown type career where everything falls in to place for him to get a title at some point.

Secondary is winded. Lack of conditioning is starting to show. If I'm tech and I score here, the next series I start throwing the deep ball.

Can someone explain to me why we have players wearing multiple sweat bands on their calves?

I would agree. I wouldn’t say he’s mediocre. I’d call him good, because he will win big games. I think if you are lucky he will have a Mack Brown type career where everything falls in to place for him to get a title at some point.

I said slightly above mediocre for the exact reason you listed.

Mack was an elite recruiter, elite ST coach and elite motivator. He had plenty of shortcomings, but he did those three things at an elite level. I don't see anything that Herman does at an elite level. Maybe chew bubble gum...???

My god we have some over reaction on here. We are freaking winning by 10pts, and yes, it should be by more, but some of y’all are acting like we suck.

Reactions: outhereincali
I said slightly above mediocre for the exact reason you listed.

Mack was an elite recruiter, elite ST coach and elite motivator. He had plenty of shortcomings, but he did those three things at an elite level. I don't see anything that Herman does at an elite level. Maybe chew bubble gum...???
Yeah. And at Houston Herman admits that Major was responsible for the offense and obviously Orlando was in charge of the D. And at Texas Herman being involved in the offense didn’t exactly work. So what does Herman do exactly? Lol

My god we have some over reaction on here. We are freaking winning by 10pts, and yes, it should be by more, but some of y’all are acting like we suck.
Yeah but mistakes like we’re seeing today has been a trade mark for the last few years under Herman and Charlie.

I know it drives me insane sometimes. I have seen 4 top 10 teams struggle today and one get beat already in OU. Everybody needs to just relax because we aren’t the only team struggling today.

Reactions: outhereincali

It is game 42 astro...and it is the same crap. Please, I beg you to change my mind. What do you see that I don't when it comes to TH run program? What does he do that is elite? What am I missing?

I ask those questions sincerely, because I truly don't see it.

Reactions: Lampasas
Mississippi st just went up on LSU. I’ll tell ya leach and Kiffin are going to give the SEC fits for the next few years

Reactions: StrangerHorn
So the offensive game plan appears to be “let Moore make a circus catch”

Mississippi st just went up on LSU. I’ll tell ya leach and Kiffin are going to give the SEC fits for the next few years
It’s going to be funny because all those SEC schools make fun of the Big 12 for not playing defense. Now they are going to realize stopping the air raid offense isn’t so easy.

It's year 3 and our unbelievable DBs still can't tackle, our TE is not impressive and our interior Oline doesn't blow the other team off the ball.

Our Center holds on every play.

It is game 42 astro...and it is the same crap. Please, I beg you to change my mind. What do you see that I don't when it comes to TH run program? What does he do that is elite? What am I missing?

I ask those questions sincerely, because I truly don't see it.
I think Tom Herman’s biggest problem is he’s never had a chance to develop as a HC. Year 2 at Houston everyone knew he was probably headed to Texas or LSU pretty much had his bags packed. Now he’s trying to devlop as a HC at Texas. It’s a hard thing to do. By the time Mack got here Texas wasn’t going to throw anything at him he hadn’t seen before.

ADVERTISEMENT