ADVERTISEMENT

Offical Texas vs West Texas Chlamydia game thread

So does it concern anyone that Cameron Dicker is the only thing keeping Tom Herman employed?

The only thing that gives me a tiny bit of hope is that the last couple weeks seems like everyone has struggled the last couple weeks. OU got beat, LSU got beat. UGA struggled with ark. Tech, k state and Iowa state struggled last week ok state struggled with Tulsa

on the positive side, best win in clutch time since we beat Arkansas in Arkansas in 1989, this was not pretty, thanks O Line for being AWOL, but damn what a WIN!!!

Something you have to understand astro-- you can see all the tiny little minutiae building during the early parts of a game that are going to play a much larger role as the game goes on. It's little bitty things. Most people see the minor stuff that helps to lead to momentum shifts etc-- but it's those little things that set off alarm Bells in my head.

I'm not the only person that sees these tiny little things. Some people may see it as my being critical of the team-- but it's not about that. It's recognizing the patterns of minute little mistakes that have become the norm under Herman and his staffs. And when those little things show up in a game, it's almost like a butterfly beating its wings in Africa. At some point that hurricane hits our coast. I just see it coming earlier than some folks.
And when you keep seeing the SAME tiny mistakes over and over and over for years, and nobody is coaching those mistakes, teaching kids to clean them up, invariably they rear their head later in the game.

We are still making those same tiny mistakes early on that end up putting us in sh!t situations like this.
I get it, I get it.
I respect your perspective because you come from being a former player.
There must be something Covid in the water across the country because top ranked teams are dropping like flies.
Be somewhat happy we aren’t one of those.

I get it, I get it.
I respect your perspective because you come from being a former player.
There must be something Covid in the water across the country because top ranked teams are dropping like flies.
Be somewhat happy we aren’t one of those.
Yeah there are too many teams struggling in games you wouldn’t expect them to struggle in to think that the lack of practice, contact and off season training has zero effect. Especially with teams who have new coordinators. I mean Chris Ash really hasn’t had a chance to coach these guys in hard tough practices. No spring ball, no real summer camp. It would be ignorant to think that has zero impact.

Reactions: Oldmanastro
Lap dances from Ohio Strippers?
Gotta give him something damn

so without Dicker he’s 0-3 against OU. I think Dicker hit a game winner against k state once to
And they lose today if not for a beautiful onside kick. Like seriously Dicker is keeping Tom Herman employed.

Manny Diaz has Miami playing well. Laying a whipping on FSU. They played hard last year just didn’t have a QB. Got that solved with King

Reactions: clob94
Manny Diaz has Miami playing well. Laying a whipping on FSU. They played hard last year just didn’t have a QB. Got that solved with King
Miami's defensive line might be the best D line in the country.

Miami's defensive line might be the best D line in the country.
Yep. Their defense the last couple years has played like you’d expect a Miami defense to play.
Rhett Lashley was a smart hire at OC as well.
Miami/ Clemson next week the first marquee game of the college football season. The ACC is a sneaky good conference this year.

I just tuned in to the Baylor/KU game and I see Charlie Brewer is still playing. I thought he graduated. Baylor is going to be tough.

A few thoughts. I had to work so I only saw the highlights. But whenever we play at TT it's always a war. I don't remember blowing them out up there. The last 3 games up there we had to outscore them and win late and this year was no different.

This is the season of the covid. Good teams are not going to get organized and will disappoint. And inferior teams will catch fire and have good years.

KSU can't hold a double digit lead at home in the 4thq against Arkansas St but can come from behind by 21 to win at OK.

And ISU gets thumped at home by LA but goes to TCU and unless I'm mistaken they never trailed. And now LA is ranked.

Go figure.

We just came off the worst decade in the history of TX fb. One of those embarrassing moments was TCU. At the time the SWC disbanded TX had beaten TCU 28 out of 29 games. Since they joined the Big XII they are 6/2 against us. We need to step on those cockroaches and not let up this Saturday.

And I think it's great that the Big X is going to have a season. They start next month. And in case you didn't hear the Pac XII is going to have a season now to they start in Nov.

And this isn't just great it's spectacular. America needs fb more than ever this year. We've been stopped by the coronavirus but a fb season where is everyone is playing is desperately needed by everyone. It's the true American pastime now.

Some random thoughts from the most beloved poster on this board.

The Fatterson's are coming to town. We owe them. Gonna strut through Ft Worth with some Longhorn gear this week. Should be fun.

Reactions: okiehorn
ADVERTISEMENT