ADVERTISEMENT

Official CWS Thread

Metcalf #2

Feb 23, 2011
Just a reminder for Texas fans. Normally, the way we looked against Arkansas in the regular season, I wouldn't give us a chance in hell at beating them. However, Omaha is a different animal, and perhaps no school has shown that more than Texas.

Just one example. In 2005, Texas finished second or third in conference play. If I remember correctly, they didn't even earn a national seed going into post season play. They went 0-4 against Baylor, who they would end up having to face in Omaha as well.

They rolled into Omaha, basically a nobody. Nobody was talking about them, nobody was giving them a shot at winning the CWS. They not only won the whole damn thing, they did it in dominant fashion. Texas looked like the #1 seed, as they rolled undefeated through the series, including going 2-0 against Baylor. They only needed two games to take Florida for the championship, and dominated the heavy favorite.

This is just one example. Texas just always seems to rise to the occasion once they get to Omaha. Of course they don't win them all, but they usually perform better than expected.

Let's hope this holds true, and hope Arkie takes us lightly based on what happened earlier in the season. That being said, I don't even think we faced their best pitcher, who I'm pretty sure we're facing in game one. So it will be a tall order for Texas.

Hook'em for Augie!

We are a different team than we were at the beginning of the season. Mainly because our pitching has improved. I don’t think we can judge what will happen in this game by what happened at the beginning of the year. Arkansas is a good team but we can beat them.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
I swear to Christ, if it's 9th inning and we are up by a healthy amount, I'm getting my buddy who is there to start the SEC chant.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Nice. Tate starts off with two strikes and ends up with triple.

Was plann8n* to make the couple hour trip for the game, but my brother decided THIS weekend was the weekend they were finally going to move.

Tell ya this is the tougher side of the bracket for sure. Good to see the gsme get tied early.

Somebody please f*cking tell me we didn't just walk in three runs in a row. Holy crap. As Bob Uecker would say, "ball 4....ball 8....ball 12....."

EDIT: sorry two runs, three walks in a row.

We can't even throw it over the plate.

Who the fvck are these guys and where did we find them? This is not the team that trounced aggy in the regional and then slugged it out with Indiana..... and it's dang sure not the team that battled back against Tennessee tech and beat them into submission.

I don't know anything about that, go get the one out of your closet and see for yourself.
For those of us that went to arkysaw or wish they did, i'll explain what I meant very slowly and by using mostly monosyllabic words:

You came into our house and started to talk without being asked to talk or told to talk. I know it's lonely in the tornado shelter you call home, but maybe some of your fellow inbreds might be a better group of people for you to talk to right now. You can swap stories about finger banging your cousins and tea bagging each other while you nap.

The last time I checked this is a public message board and not a house, and if you think that I won't come back at any of the lame smack attempts, guess again.

Last edited:
The last time I checked this is a public message board and not a house, and if you think that I won't come back at any of the lame smack attempts, guess again.

Hogs don’t have much in the way of skins or history in Omaha, so naturally Arky fan talks shit when any fleeting success comes along. That’s not lame smack my man, it’s truth.

Don’t get uppity over here, just be happy that you had a banner day against CBB royalty today.

Well technically the hogs had three banner days against Texass. Oh and clob94 SEC SEC SEC

This one had nothing to do with arkie. We gave this one away. Our pitchers just suddenly forgot where the strike zone was. If we pitched like that against Tennessee Tech, we probably get beat worse. That's right arkie, Tennessee Tech is better than you.

Truly astounding that you can't give a team credit that has beaten you by a combined total of like 14 runs in 3 games this year. Congrats on getting to the CWS again, and for beating us to get there, but man give credit where it is due.

Reactions: ThreeHogNight
This one had nothing to do with arkie. We gave this one away. Our pitchers just suddenly forgot where the strike zone was. If we pitched like that against Tennessee Tech, we probably get beat worse. That's right arkie, Tennessee Tech is better than you.
I believe the Hogs had 14 or 15 hits, and I would be more than willing to bet that most of those were hit within the strike zone. Arkansas was the only team in the SEC to have a combined team batting average out of conference, and in SEC conference play of over 300. This team can hit the ball, period.

Tennessee Tech is better than the Hogs? I have read some funny comments on message boards over the years, but this one may be one of the most humorous of all. Please enlighten me with any data that you have to try and justify that comment, I will be waiting.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT