ADVERTISEMENT

Official Hurricane Thread

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
It appears the boys that @GuaranteedFresh! used to run with, the boys at Pope field, as well as elements from Bragg and Benning are being stood up by DHS and Mattis and preparing to go into the teeth of the storm and do S&R and extractions for the locals that get in trouble. So you've got coast Guard, national Guard and active duty PJ's, navy rescue swimmers etc all being spun up for this puppy.

Apparently Mattis gave the order. It's all hands on deck people!

So far, no reported casualties. It's turning into more of a monsoon than a hurricane. North Carolina people are pu$$ies. ;)

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
I sat through Hurricane Allen. Harlingen,1980, it was the first hurricane when we could measure barometric pressure offshore. The reading was extremely low. Barometric pressure on landfall has always been the most objective measure of hurricane strength. News media said it was the worst storm ever. Everybody we knew called and thought we were crazy to not flee, even though we were over 30 miles from the coast. It was strong enough, power was out for a week. We actually got the eye,9+" rain. NOAA should know that the offshore #s are always diminished on landfall. Exagerrating danger suits their funding.

Fox just said a tree fell on a house in Wilmington and killed a mother and baby. If you're actually on the Gulf or the Atlantic, get away. Be sure to police your house, no loose stuff in the yard, hopefully you already trimmed around the roof. Fill bathtubs, buy water and dry ice. Maybe an extra bottle of propane. Fill the tank of the car.

I have an air force JSOC (former just retired) buddy of mine who owns a rental house about a mile southwest of Sparky's and he said he talked to the renters and they are getting pretty soaked. Everything is good, just wet as hell.

friend of mine lives just south side of wilmington about 5 miles. the eye went right over them.
ngFY8LN.jpg

TbjFCLi.jpg

tKSB5C5.jpg
jUo4KEn.jpg
VZHSTuy.jpg

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
I don't know if Ya'll have seen it yet, but there's a weatherchannel/cnn reporter in north Carolina that's doing an interview and man, is he struggling to remain upright in all that wind and rain.... I mean, he seems to be fighting just to remain upright. It looks brutal!

About 10 seconds into the interview, two teenaged kids come strolling by in shorts, walking upright without a care in the world.

This is just another log of the fire as to why I don't trust the media.

I don't know if Ya'll have seen it yet, but there's a weatherchannel/cnn reporter in north Carolina that's doing an interview and man, is he struggling to remain upright in all that wind and rain.... I mean, he seems to be fighting just to remain upright. It looks brutal!

About 10 seconds into the interview, two teenaged kids come strolling by in shorts, walking upright without a care in the world.

This is just another log of the fire as to why I don't trust the media.
just to frustrate you some more.

heres another from anderson cooper making a mockery of the plight of the carolinas. 8 people confirmed dead and this is what these assholes are doing.
KHHdIbC.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT