ADVERTISEMENT

**Official Texas vs Cajuns thread of anxiety**

Arkansas is a pivotal game in the schedule. Get that win and 9 wins becomes likely 10 becomes possible.
Agreed. LaLa definitely posed a first game challenge and was hyped to be much closer than it ended up. But it was at home on a fricken oven toaster hot day. Arkansas will bring a whole new level of adversity and thriving crowd hatred unseen since 2019. Looking forward to this one for sure.

And we almost lost to Kansas with VY on one of those teams you continue to proclaim. Actually thanks to a questionable yet timely pass interference call. That was one of the greatest teams on both sides. I’m not saying this years team measures up but other than 3 sacks (Game 1) and some penalties (Game 1), what else is there to complain about? Going in you would have thought LaLa was gonna whoop us - 10-1, 20 returning starters, yada yada. We whipped their ass, period. Very well managed and executed game plan. Physical team. Depth. Great win with some confidence to carry forward. Bring on Ark.
That game was an anomaly game. We had almost 600 yards of offense, two turn overs and 10 penalties for 110 yards--- all st pivitol moments during the game. It was the perfect storm train wreck trap game. Vince threw 2 bone head interceptions at key moments, and we held kansas to a whopping 51 yards rushing. We'd just dropped 56 on ok st head the week before, and guess who our opponent was after Kansas? Aggy. This was the perfect trap game-- yet we had SO much more talent than kansas, we were about to overcome two picks and 110 yards in timely penalties. Kansas had EVERYTHING go their way. We still won.

What we saw yesterday is not an equivalent comparison my man. It just isn't.

We simply got to get better. Tackling wasn't attricious like it was under Manny __iaz, so that a definite positive.

Reactions: Drtxhorn
That game was an anomaly game. We had almost 600 yards of offense, two turn overs and 10 penalties for 110 yards--- all st pivitol moments during the game. It was the perfect storm train wreck trap game. Vince threw 2 bone head interceptions at key moments, and we held kansas to a whopping 51 yards rushing. We'd just dropped 56 on ok st head the week before, and guess who our opponent was after Kansas? Aggy. This was the perfect trap game-- yet we had SO much more talent than kansas, we were about to overcome two picks and 110 yards in timely penalties. Kansas had EVERYTHING go their way. We still won.

What we saw yesterday is not an equivalent comparison my man. It just isn't.

We simply got to get better. Tackling wasn't attricious like it was under Manny __iaz, so that a definite positive.
You can’t fit your argument by using the word anomaly. That would just about apply to every close game and situation. No this team isn’t VY team and the dozen or more NFL starters on that team, and Colts teams in 2008/2009. But it is very much an equivalent comparison. You can’t extoll the greatness of ULLs D line and then complain about 3 sacks. You just can’t my man.

You can’t fit your argument by using the word anomaly. That would just about apply to every close game and situation. No this team isn’t VY team and the dozen or more NFL starters on that team, and Colts teams in 2008/2009. But it is very much an equivalent comparison. You can’t extoll the greatness of ULLs D line and then complain about 3 sacks. You just can’t my man.
Ehhhh in fairness, I don't remember extolling the greatness of UL's D line. In fact, I don't recall making any comments about their DL directly or indirectly until I asked the question-- if anyone was concerned about giving up 3 sacks to them. That is interrogatory, not exclamitory. Honestly because of how fvcking nuts my life has been this last month between travel and buying/moving into a new home, I'd done a thumb nail scratch on UL and their team. Extolling their Dline---- I think you've conflated someone else's opinion with mine. If I'm wrong, please directly to my post-- I am human, after all.

But yes, this is no VY team or Colt team-- talent ir execution wise. But I'm still not going to lower my standards. If I'm at the bar and it's 2am and the 8.5 and up chicks are all gone, I ain't rolling out with a 5 just so I can say I got my dick wet. I'd rather go home and pound it in peace.

Reactions: StrangerHorn
To your point Clob I’ll be interested to see can Sark, Flood, and this coaching staff squeeze a little more out of these upperclass guys who I think everyone would agree have underachieved given their recruiting profile, or 6 weeks from now are we just gonna be like “well this group just wasn’t very good we gotta evaluate better”. We know this staff can develop players several of them were huge reasons why Bama just replaced one 1st round pick with another. Be interesting to see if they can improve guys who came in with that profile but never lived up to it.

To your point Clob I’ll be interested to see can Sark, Flood, and this coaching staff squeeze a little more out of these upperclass guys who I think everyone would agree have underachieved given their recruiting profile, or 6 weeks from now are we just gonna be like “well this group just wasn’t very good we gotta evaluate better”. We know this staff can develop players several of them were huge reasons why Bama just replaced one 1st round pick with another. Be interesting to see if they can improve guys who came in with that profile but never lived up to it.
Totally agree. The slightest little adjustments can help a 22 year old play better. And that's where we have failed in the past years. It's the little things that matter. You take care of the little things and the big things take care of themselves. We need to see the little things that this staff can add to these upperclassmen.

Ehhhh in fairness, I don't remember extolling the greatness of UL's D line. In fact, I don't recall making any comments about their DL directly or indirectly until I asked the question-- if anyone was concerned about giving up 3 sacks to them. That is interrogatory, not exclamitory. Honestly because of how fvcking nuts my life has been this last month between travel and buying/moving into a new home, I'd done a thumb nail scratch on UL and their team. Extolling their Dline---- I think you've conflated someone else's opinion with mine. If I'm wrong, please directly to my post-- I am human, after all.

But yes, this is no VY team or Colt team-- talent ir execution wise. But I'm still not going to lower my standards. If I'm at the bar and it's 2am and the 8.5 and up chicks are all gone, I ain't rolling out with a 5 just so I can say I got my dick wet. I'd rather go home and pound it in peace.
Ok. Arguing with my wife. Sometimes you just gotta throw your hands up and go to the bar. I’m on my way now.

Totally agree. The slightest little adjustments can help a 22 year old play better. And that's where we have failed in the past years. It's the little things that matter. You take care of the little things and the big things take care of themselves. We need to see the little things that this staff can add to these upperclassmen.
Yep. I feel like we did see a little of those adjustments yesterday. The guys making plays continuing to touch the ball, plays being designed specifically get guys open. Felt like yesterday everything sark did had a purpose. That hasn’t been the case in a long time.

Honestly because of how fvcking nuts my life has been this last month between travel and buying/moving into a new home,
Did you hire and was there a rekindling with our partying realtor from some time ago? Asking for a friend

Ok. Arguing with my wife. Sometimes you just gotta throw your hands up and go to the bar. I’m on my way now.
My man, I'm not arguing, I'm asking. I dont think I extolled the virtue of UL's Dline. But if I did, can you please show me where?

My man, I'm not arguing, I'm asking. I dont think I extolled the virtue of UL's Dline. But if I did, can you please show me where?
All good man, I’m too impatient to scroll through prior posts. My main point is that you have most definitely provided a less positive picture of our team’s expectations this year. I on the other hand drink burnt orange Red Bull. I thought we kicked some ass including the OL. I know what I saw compared to prior years. But if you want to further analyze and point out our weaknesses from your prior experience and network, awesome.

All good man, I’m too impatient to scroll through prior posts. My main point is that you have most definitely provided a less positive picture of our team’s expectations this year. I on the other hand drink burnt orange Red Bull. I thought we kicked some ass including the OL. I know what I saw compared to prior years. But if you want to further analyze and point out our weaknesses from your prior experience and network, awesome.
Isn’t this awesome, college football season is upon us boys. I’m so fricken sick of COVID and politics. Aside from work and personal life, we can now immerse ourselves in college football. My favorite holiday season!!

Reactions: freeper
Howdy bud...... you seem to have vanished for this game against arky.

I'm not going to rub your nose in sh!t over our terrible oline-- I'll simply say this-- if I tell you it's Easter, dye your fvcking eggs.

ADVERTISEMENT