ADVERTISEMENT

Ok Metcalf I was wrong

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
But I'm glad I was wrong I honestly didn't think that a 4 loss team would get an at large bid to an NY6 bowl game. But were on our way to the big easy. I probably made an emotional statement because I was disappointed in the way we played. Ok no need to go on any longer

HookemHorns and let's beat the hell out of them dawgs.

Once OU beat us, and GA lost, OU was in the playoffs as there was no way for the committee to over look a 29 point, late season, loss to Purdue. If the B12 #1 is in the playoffs then B12's #2 team contractually goes to the Sugar Bowl. There was no at large bid about it. We could have lost to Kansas and we'd have still been the B12 Sugar Bowl rep at 8-5 as we owned the 3 way tie breaker over ISU and WVU to go to the CCG.

Last edited:
Reactions: Metcalf #2
Are you sure? Man, I'm still having trouble reading that ALL CAPS post of yours. Can you run that by me one more time without yelling? Lol. Just giving you a hard time, but you have to admit, you asked for this one.

Hook'em Horns! This is a golden opportunity for Texas and OU give all the SEC loving c*cksuckers in the media a nice fat shitburger to chew on.

Reactions: Deweygolfer
I suspect that Georgia is pissed....they are stuck playing a 4 loss team....screw em. They are thinking that they lost a very close one to the "best team in the country", and thus should get more respect. Even big time sports writters are saying that Georgia should have been in the playoffs instead of OU.

I am not defending OU as much as I am saying secsecsec predjudice is rampant. Who knows if Bama is better than anyone else? All they did was show they were the best this year in the secsecsec.....which may or may not mean much.Maybe they could win the secsecsec, but maybe they get drilled by Clemson, ND or even OU. OU with Brown would have given them fits. Who knows now.If OU doesnt pull their annual choke job that they did every year damn near under Stoops then they might just be ok.

As far as Georgia, they will be mad, feeling disrespected and might just be flat as hell.

Georgia should of taken care of business and they wouldn't have to be crying like last year lost in the natty

This^. Screw Georgia. They should be pissed at themselves and no one else. They didn't get screwed out of the CFP. If they wanted in so bad, they shouldn't have lost two games.

Reactions: Deweygolfer
This^. Screw Georgia. They should be pissed at themselves and no one else. They didn't get screwed out of the CFP. If they wanted in so bad, they shouldn't have lost two games.

This. There is no way a 2 loss no conference championship team was going to pass two 1 loss conference championship teams. The selection committee has never done that. All the talking heads are promoting GA's cause because they want the playoffs expanded.

Last edited:
Are you sure? Man, I'm still having trouble reading that ALL CAPS post of yours. Can you run that by me one more time without yelling? Lol. Just giving you a hard time, but you have to admit, you asked for this one.

Hook'em Horns! This is a golden opportunity for Texas and OU give all the SEC loving c*cksuckers in the media a nice fat shitburger to chew on.

And let's not forget to pull for UCF against LSU. And I hate the Peach Bowl matchup the little ten against the SEC. We've been underachievers for so long I'm really excited to be in an NY6 bowl on New Year's night.

And let's not forget to pull for UCF against LSU. And I hate the Peach Bowl matchup the little ten against the SEC. We've been underachievers for so long I'm really excited to be in an NY6 bowl on New Year's night.

Meh, I'm kind of tired of UCF, too. Don't want to see those idiots throw themselves another national championship parade. It's so aggy of them. LSU is not good though, so UCF could very well beat them.

There are 12 spots in the NY6. Four of them went to the SEC. The ACC and Pac 12 only got one. Big XII and BIG 10 got two apiece.

Considering the ACC and Pac both have more teams that the the XII, that would seem like a worthy accomplishment. Their 26 teams combined got two slots and our ten team league equaled that.

Reactions: outhereincali
Before the SEC title game, Bamas best win was probably LSU....

The SEC is seriously overrated.
I absolutely agree with that. I think Joel Klatt's take is pretty solid. He says that they're very good at the top. But they're not nearly as good in the middle as perceived.

I have said many times that part of the dynamic is that they get to play most bowl games close to home in weather that is more suited to their way of playing. I'd love to see SEC teams like Florida have to play a cold weather game against a good Big Ten team in December. They NEVER do that. But Notre Dame had to go play Bama in Miami in an NC game a half dozen years ago, in 90 degree temps and wilted. They'd likely have gotten beat anyway. But the SEC teams always have the travel advantage, and thus the noise advantage. It can be overcome, but it's part of their advantage.

Then they all schedule home games in November against East Popcorn State clones, because their schedule is so tough in the SEC. It's a circular argument. As an OU fan, I used to pull against Texas, no matter who you were playing. Not any more. My favorite teams are now, whoever is playing against the SEC.

Last edited:
I suspect that Georgia is pissed....they are stuck playing a 4 loss team....screw em. They are thinking that they lost a very close one to the "best team in the country", and thus should get more respect. Even big time sports writters are saying that Georgia should have been in the playoffs instead of OU.

I am not defending OU as much as I am saying secsecsec predjudice is rampant. Who knows if Bama is better than anyone else? All they did was show they were the best this year in the secsecsec.....which may or may not mean much.Maybe they could win the secsecsec, but maybe they get drilled by Clemson, ND or even OU. OU with Brown would have given them fits. Who knows now.If OU doesnt pull their annual choke job that they did every year damn near under Stoops then they might just be ok.

As far as Georgia, they will be mad, feeling disrespected and might just be flat as hell.
But then again they may come out flat not being in the playoffs.

Reactions: soonersoldier
But then again they may come out flat not being in the playoffs.

I get what you are saying but hat seems to be a growing "reason" when SEC teams lose their bowl game; disinterest. I question a team that can't get up for the damn Sugar Bowl regardless; I guess I am getting old. But I will damn sure be rooting for the Horns to mud hole the dawgs.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
I get what you are saying but hat seems to be a growing "reason" when SEC teams lose their bowl game; disinterest. I question a team that can't get up for the damn Sugar Bowl regardless; I guess I am getting old. But I will damn sure be rooting for the Horns to mud hole the dawgs.

I get what you're saying. While they did have a 7 game winning streak most of it comes from Bama's dynasty. I agree with JK the rest of their teams and that includes GA are beatable.

I get what you're saying. While they did have a 7 game winning streak most of it comes from Bama's dynasty. I agree with JK the rest of their teams and that includes GA are beatable.

I believe the SEC, in general, is overrated. The logic of their quality, as proposed by the media, is self - perpetuating. This was on display during the Georgia/Alabama game.

Reactions: LonghornMM
You guys will have a bigtime challenge. But not likely quite as tough as ours.

Yes, the whole they lost their bowl game because they were let down argument is ridiculous. I'm sure they were upset today at 11am when they found out they didn't make the playoffs (of which they probably knew that the moment they lost yesterday). But after a couple hours I bet they had moved on just like every other person in the world. And after four more weeks, 12 practices and hours upon hours of film and game planning I bet they will be more than interested to play in the Sugar Bowl against a blue blood program...which they are not.

You guys will have a bigtime challenge. But not likely quite as tough as ours.

Look I'm not a horn bitter about yesterday. But in all honestly can anyone beat Bama? Not just OK but Clemson and the Golden Domers as well. I mean everytime it gets tough things go their way. And they make it look effortless.

Look I'm not a horn bitter about yesterday. But in all honestly can anyone beat Bama? Not just OK but Clemson and the Golden Domers as well. I mean everytime it gets tough things go their way. And they make it look effortless.

Until a I see Bama/Saban stop a spread HUNH the spread HUNH is still their issue.

Well that is the question. But consider this: Alabama smoked Louisville. Then everybody else did too. They played Arkansas State an The Citidel out of the conference. Other NC game, Louisiana Lafayette. The West is likely the best division in college football. And they played LSU there, a very tough place. But LSU has no offense, and a qb that completes less than 50% against everybody. They played at Ole Miss, who had a tough year. Bama swamped them. Arkansas lost 65-31 in Fayetteville after UNT beat them almost as badly. They beat UTenn there. Tennessee had a better year, but still has a ways to go. Really the two best other West teams went to Tuscaloosa.

If Bama plays their best game, and anybody else plays their best, the CT win's by at least two touchdowns. I'm pretty skeptical that we can beat them, especially if Hollywood can't play, or is slower than close to full speed. But I was skeptical about yesterday, and thought we played pretty well. I was really skeptical the last time we played Bama, and we beat them two touchdowns.

But I think they are absolutely beatable, if you get some breaks. We have a couple of things that make it possible. I personally think OUr OLine is a little overrated. I think OUr run yardage orgies are more about spacing and scheme, than awesome OLine play. If we were that great, I don't think we'd struggle as much in short yardage and red zone run play. The Horns showed some of that yesterday. But we are very good in the OLine. We've also had a ton of injuries, and more than a few will be healthy by the end of December. Trey Sermon, particularly, should be full speed in four weeks. He's a large factor. And a quarterback like Murray can be a wild card in any sort of elimination game. The fact that we can have the willingness and ability to go really fast sometimes, drives Saban crazy, or at least can. Throw in a little month to prepare junk that LR dreams up, we can do what few teams might. We can move the ball on Bama.

Now I have no clue about how we hold them under 60. But I thought Texas would easily surpass the October 48, yesterday and you fell short of that. We did some weirdness on defense, some of it a little unsound, but on balance, it worked better than it didn't.

On other thing about Bama. Several on their defensive staff is very likely to be headed elsewhere within a week of their elimination from the playoffs or trophy collection. That won't be good for them overall. Couldn't hurt us, I hope.

Kyler is dynamic enough that Bama will have trouble containing him. OU should score some points.

Bama has had lots of trouble in the past with spread offenses. OU will score a lot on the Tide. I guarantee that they score 30+ on them.

Reactions: soonersoldier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT