ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma forcing out Boren

I thought all the conspiracy theorists were on the TEXAGS political forum. You people are literally eaten up with Sooner envy. Boren had open heart surgery a year ago. His retirement effective June, 2018 has been planned for months. Bob's decision had nothing to do with Boren. Finally, there's nothing that legally binds OU to OSU. This is not to say that OU wouldn't do what it could to protect the Pokes but in the final analysis OU will do what is in its own best interest. I expect to see both OU and U.T. in the Big 10 middle of the next decade.

Dont you fools know it was caused by confusion gas dropped from the Black Helicopters?
My God ya'll are thick. Just you wait....the truth is out there and you wont believe what Stoops has been really up to. Open your eyes before it is too late!!!

There's no way U.T. would associate itself with SEC. The Horns and Sooners are a pair to draw to and the Big 10 holds the cards.

I don't think Texas would go to the SEC, and I don't think the SEC is the draw it may of been 5 years ago. I think Big 10 or ACC is most likely, and whatever conference they decide they want if they need a little extra incentive see if you can get KU to package with you. Football generally drives conference realignment but both the ACC and big 10 would love to get their hands on KU basketball and Texas basketball to if Shaka turns it in to the power program it looks to be on paper.

Reactions: oldhorn2
First, given that Boren tweeted out his press conference At 8:00am. Everyone knew what was going to be announced. Clob's prediction at 9:47am is a little behind the curve. I happen to be in OK this week and it was not taken with such dramatic overtones. he's 76. Been Gov. And Universitry President. Kevin Durant's tweet was a bigger story.

Big 10 has 14 teams. Do you think they take more than 2? Can't image Ou leaving and not taking OSU. Can't image Big10 not making a run at Texas if OU wants in.

First, given that Boren tweeted out his press conference At 8:00am. Everyone knew what was going to be announced. Clob's prediction at 9:47am is a little behind the curve. I happen to be in OK this week and it was not taken with such dramatic overtones. he's 76. Been Gov. And Universitry President. Kevin Durant's tweet was a bigger story.

Big 10 has 14 teams. Do you think they take more than 2? Can't image Ou leaving and not taking OSU. Can't image Big10 not making a run at Texas if OU wants in.
In fairness, I did not see Borens tweet. I had a former player call me the eve before and tell me the following:

Boren was leaving vs being replaced. The cover was his health. In reality, with Bob gone, Boren had no back up. The BOR appreciated Borens service but wanted to move in a different direction. Switching conferences was one of their priorities.

That's it. I asked a few questions and got "we'll see" answers.
However, with that said, if you can't look back and do the math regarding Boren, Stoops and the Big 12 and see that this could be the beginning of the 16 team super conference, and the other conferences going with 16, as well as the beginning of the end of the NCAA power grab-- I just can't help you.

Reactions: TexExSpur
;)

This is so wrong, but what should I expect from a bunch on horns? :)

Boren is 76 years old and his health hasn't been good for the last couple of years. The OU BOR isn't forcing him out, just as no one forced Bob out, but what the heck have your fun.

And, there no rules that require OU to take osu with them if there wanted to go elsewhere.

What kind of high do you all get from doing this stuff? Do you really take yourselves seriously?:)

Thanks for the laugh.
Will you be happy in the B1G?

The Big Ten used to have academic standards, from top to bottom. Then they added Nebraska, an outlier. So now they're going to add OU and maybe OkSU?

There are 9 better schools in Oklahoma than those two. Nine! And THAT's in Okla-freaking-homa!

Reactions: HornDrummer
In fairness, I did not see Borens tweet. I had a former player call me the eve before and tell me the following:

Boren was leaving vs being replaced. The cover was his health. In reality, with Bob gone, Boren had no back up. The BOR appreciated Borens service but wanted to move in a different direction. Switching conferences was one of their priorities.

That's it. I asked a few questions and got "we'll see" answers.
However, with that said, if you can't look back and do the math regarding Boren, Stoops and the Big 12 and see that this could be the beginning of the 16 team super conference, and the other conferences going with 16, as well as the beginning of the end of the NCAA power grab-- I just can't help you.

This is interesting, the idea of 4 16 team conferences. If you look closely among the PAC, B1G, SEC, ACC, the number of teams in the Big 12, and Notre Dame, you have the numbers needed to fill out 4 power conferences.

I see this:

Texas, TTech, TCU, Baylor to PAC (PAC currently has 12)
OU, OSU to B1G (B1G 14)
KU, KSU to SEC (SEC 14)
WVU and ND to ACC -- (ACC 14)

You could do two 8 team divisions in each conference or do four 4 team pods which would leave us in a pod of the PAC 16 with Tech, TCU, and Baylor.

I admit our pod looks weak; but if our pod can lock down Texas recruiting, then I see Tech, TCU, and Baylor being much stronger. Texas is a given.

Last edited:
Reactions: HornDrummer
In the recent U.S. News and World Report OU was ranked in the top 50 public universities in the U.S. Much of the credit goes to Boren. The campus facilities have been expanded dramatically not to mention the asthetics...it is a gorgeous campus.

This is interesting, the idea of 4 16 team conferences. If you look closely, among the PAC, B1G, and SEC the number of teams in the Big 12 (remove W Virginia) and you have the numbers needed to fill out these conferences.

I see this:

OU, OSU to B1G (B1G 14)
KU, KSU to SEC (SEC 14)
WVU to Acc -- add 1 more here and ACC is @ 16.

You could do two 8 team divisions in each conference or do four 4 team pods which would leave us in a pod of the PAC 16 with Tech, TCU, and Baylor.

I admit this looks like a weak pod in the conference at the moment for football but if we commit to locking out OU and OSU from playing any of us in Texas as well as the SEC teams then I see Tech, TCU, and Baylor being much stronger.
F that West Coast nonsense, even with pods that would likely join Texas and the littles to the Arizona schools.

F that West Coast nonsense, even with pods that would likely join Texas and the littles to the Arizona schools.

I understand but how else does this shake out? We (Texas) need some friends wherever we go. I would like to keep the Big 12 but it looks like OU has other plans. I prefer the Big 12. The reality of a Texas(state not school) conference is unlikely and adding the 4 Texas schools to the PAC makes sense. If we make pods of 4, then we are not tied to AZ. Arizona schools would be tied to CU and Utah.

Last edited:
I would love to see all conferences shaken up/realigned and create five new regional/geographic conferences that make sense logistically. Texas going to the Pac 12 or ACC makes no sense logistically.

Looking at the available pieces and the desired goal of 4 16 team conferences to match the cfb playoff, my layout makes sense. With 9 conference games and 4 team pods, we would only have to make 1 west coast trip per year with one west coast team coming here. We would have to play the AZ, ASU, CU, and Utah teams more regularly but what if we kept OU at Dallas and added little bro on Thanksgiving. Not bad, could be worse. I am not for casting off Tech, TCU, and Baylor... too much history and it's not how we treat our fellow Texans. Also, consider the political wranglings it would require to pull off a move without the other 3 schools. We're the hero in this scenario and that's what we should be.

Last edited:
I would love to see all conferences shaken up/realigned and create five new regional/geographic conferences that make sense logistically. Texas going to the Pac 12 or ACC makes no sense logistically.

Only going to be 4 to match CFB playoff.

Baylor? They have forfeited any right to be considered. You want to be known as the school that tied itself to Baylor? They are STILL in denial. They dont feel guilty, they feel persecuted.

I hate to see it but if we do change, I think the Big is the best fit, both Scholastically and time zone wise.

Baylor? They have forfeited any right to be considered. You want to be known as the school that tied itself to Baylor? They are STILL in denial. They dont feel guilty, they feel persecuted.

I hate to see it but if we do change, I think the Big is the best fit, both Scholastically and time zone wise.

I understand but it doesn't make sense. The B1G would be WAY overweight. There are times when we are responsible for more than our own selfish interests. Conference re-alignment will be one of those times. We can come out the heroes here. The PAC has a weak TV contract, maybe we keep LHN. TV programming is currently blowing up.... having an intact network ready to roll out programming is an advantage. BTW, which cold environment would you rather travel to, Colorado and Utah or Minnesota and Nebraska?

Last edited:
We can play in the winter in Mich and Minnesota easier than they can play early September here.

We can play in the winter in Mich and Minnesota easier than they can play early September here.

Not going to get Mich in our pod/division. In the B1G we get ou, neb, iowa, minn, ill, ind, maybe tosu but probably Northwestern.

I just puked.

Last edited:

I would love it to for our sake, but why are all of the conferences going to shake up to accommodate Texas and OU logistics. We are the only ones stuck in no man's land.

Reactions: outhereincali
I would love it to for our sake, but why are all of the conferences going to shake up to accommodate Texas and OU logistics. We are the only ones stuck in no man's land.

Yes and not only are we stuck geographically but we are also stuck politically within our state(s). My layout is a win for everyone involved. Maybe we can negotiate some perks that help us win more football games.

Last edited:
This is interesting, the idea of 4 16 team conferences. If you look closely, among the PAC, B1G, and SEC the number of teams in the Big 12 (remove W Virginia) and you have the numbers needed to fill out these conferences.

I see this:

OU, OSU to B1G (B1G 14)
KU, KSU to SEC (SEC 14)
WVU and ND to ACC -- (ACC 14)

I admit this looks like a weak pod in the conference at the moment for football but if we commit to locking out OU and OSU from playing any of us in Texas as well as the SEC teams then I see Tech, TCU, and Baylor being much stronger.
You think anybody will take Baylor?

Yes, if we require it. Remember, we will need friends in a conference that used to revolve around SoCal. Among the 4 Texas schools, that is a lot of TV sets/ internet viewers which will add to our pull.

Last edited:
Ruh roh raggy...... Sean eichorst is out as nebraska AD.....

Sooo now make way for trev alberts and scott frost.

Yes and not only are we stuck geographically but we are also stuck politically within our state(s). My layout is a win for everyone involved. Maybe we can negotiate some perks that help us win more football games.

If we are politically tied to anyone at this point we deserve what we get

Reactions: oldhorn2
If we are politically tied to anyone at this point we deserve what we get

We are not tied to them but state school means state funded and the reps covering Lubbock, Waco, and Ft. Worth will have an axe to grind.

Denial? How do you come up with that? We fired the President, the AD and the Coach, basically burning the program. Several other long time administrators have been given the boot. In effect we did everything short of giving ourselves the death penalty - not sure what much else there is to do.

Reactions: outhereincali
Ruh roh raggy...... Sean eichorst is out as nebraska AD.....

Sooo now make way for trev alberts and scott frost.

They are isolated and alone. They have no pipeline to recruit. At least tosu, mich, and penn st. have reasonable recruiting environments within their respective states with little to no competition. Nebraska, not so much. They are basically Wyoming now.

I think U.T. and OU are tied to each other in more ways than one and if and when they make their move it will be together and it will be to a western division of the Big 10.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT