ADVERTISEMENT

On Top of The World Ma!

Texas has filled the program’s non-conference schedules for the 2022, 2023 and 2026 and seasons. The school announced Thursday that the additions 0f Louisiana-Monroe, Wyoming and Texas State, giving the Longhorns full non-conference slates in six of the next seven seasons. We will never get to Heaven playing these teams,

https://247sports.com/college/texas...a-Crimson-Tide-Ohio-State-Buckeyes-142631721/
Don't you think playing Bama and Ohio those years is enough?

Reactions: StrangerHorn
Don't you think playing Bama and Ohio those years is enough?

Not really cause i will be dead, by then you will have a new Texas coach and all the players will be getting paychecks every week, its gonna change from winning the hearts of the new HS players to how much ya gonna pay me to come to your school on a bigger scale than now...

Not really cause i will be dead, by then you will have a new Texas coach and all the players will be getting paychecks every week, its gonna change from winning the hearts of the new HS players to how much ya gonna pay me to come to your school on a bigger scale than now...
I was more so responding to your last sentence..."We will never get to Heaven playing those teams". What do you mean by that?

Reactions: StrangerHorn
I was more so responding to your last sentence..."We will never get to Heaven playing those teams". What do you mean by that?

You got to schedule all your games with good opponents, OHS and Bama caliber teams, Texas State and Wyoming doesn't say too much, if ya want to get to Football Heaven and win it all, then ya gotta play teams that give ya clout, you think you get more looks playing L-M than you would if ya was playing Bama? The only team in Big 12 to look good is OU over and over each yr, just like SWC, what kept us back in them days, the same Teams, that saying is that shit teams make ya look 6-1 when ya 4-1, well, I guess it does build confidence that you kicked the shit outa SWT and got ya asss whipped next week from TT

Back in the day, we played Tulane and NTSU all the time, Why? But, if we had played OHS or Penn State with a known name, well?

You got to schedule all your games with good opponents, OHS and Bama caliber teams, Texas State and Wyoming doesn't say too much, if ya want to get to Football Heaven and win it all, then ya gotta play teams that give ya clout, you think you get more looks playing L-M than you would if ya was playing Bama? The only team in Big 12 to look good is OU over and over each yr, just like SWC, what kept us back in them days, the same Teams, that saying is that shit teams make ya look 6-1 when ya 4-1, well, I guess it does build confidence that you kicked the shit outa SWT and got ya asss whipped next week from TT

Back in the day, we played Tulane and NTSU all the time, Why? But, if we had played OHS or Penn State with a known name, well?
Okay, that is what I thought you meant.

So, I'll ask again, do you realize that we are playing Bama and Ohio State those same seasons?

Our non-conference schedule will not hold us back over the next decade. Each year we have a marquee program on the schedule (LSU, Bama, Michigan, Georgia, Florida, Ohio Sate) and two non-power 5 FBS schools. No FCS cupcakes. With 9 conference games, I think that is the best way to go.

Damn SWC was better than this stuff, team wise anyway, you always know the other teams was gonna bring it..cause all ya could go was just the bowls, no playoff

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT