ADVERTISEMENT

Opening Day

Yes back to baseball. In LA, SF, and Orange County, the stadiums are now operating at 50% capacity. Thank goodness.
Yep, the sheep can attend the games because the government told them so as long as they wear their mask in an outside venue. Yep, makes perfect sense to me. Enjoy.

Reactions: 2300 Nueces
They have the same law in NY and Delaware and over half the states in the U.S. It was modeled almost verbatim. It doesn't prevent people from receiving water from the election administrators onsite. It prevents electioneering by candidates within 150 feet of a polling place and this includes surrogates handing out branded bottles of water with the candidates' name written all over it. The people running the polling place can hand out water and food all day long if they want to do that.

It's time to stop the disinformation about this law.
You beat me to posting a summary of the actual law. Thank you.

Liberal ideologues never bother to actually review the relevant facts. They have no desire to stop the disinformation. Facts are stubborn things.

Reactions: 2300 Nueces
Outthere, just curious where you stand on this. Do you think that people should have to show an ID to vote? If not, why shouldn't people have to prove who they are? Please help normal, common sense folks understand why the left thinks that requiring an ID to vote is "racist"?

168336043_10219342847817741_1962842367226486680_n.jpg

Cali? Where do you stand on this?

Cali? Where do you stand on this?

I'm not going to get into politics on a baseball thread. To answer your question of course I believe in voter id. And all this time I've talked about the laws that was passed in GA not TX.

One good thing I've noticed is the number of reported cased in TX and CA has dropped dramatically. Simply put people are getting their vaccinations. I'm hoping that by May CA will be 100% open everyone wants this. It'll be great to hear the roar of the crowd don't you feel that way to?

I should have said it long ago, but having Dusty Baker as our manager just makes me cringe.
I was a huge fan of Hinch and still am. Wish he was still here. Collateral damage.

Reactions: LonghornMM
I'm not going to get into politics on a baseball thread. To answer your question of course I believe in voter id. And all this time I've talked about the laws that was passed in GA not TX.

One good thing I've noticed is the number of reported cased in TX and CA has dropped dramatically. Simply put people are getting their vaccinations. I'm hoping that by May CA will be 100% open everyone wants this. It'll be great to hear the roar of the crowd don't you feel that way to?

Kudos to you for supporting voter ID. 👏

Reactions: horn wild
Total domination of the A's with a four-game sweep this weekend in Oakland! Three with the Angels and then back in Houston for three with the A's.

Astros came into baseball in 1962
My Uncle
Astros came into baseball in 1962
My Uncle took me down to watch the Houston Colt 45's play in the first season in 1962. We drove from Amarillo in his old Chevy pickup. They played in an outdoor stadium as this was pre-Astro Dome. Being from a dry air area, I had some trouble breathing in the dense Houston air. We watched Houston play Pittsburg and Cincinnati. An Amarillo sports writer wrote that it was great to have Major League Baseball in Texas but it was closer to go to Kansas City.

hte Astros were in the National League over 50 years....the team Bud Selig owned...the Brewers started as an American League team...Originally the Seattle Pilots, they became the Miluakee Brewers in 1969....and did not change to the National League until 1998.

Becauseof Nolan Ryans whining (he was an exec with the Rangers at the time) Selig decided to swap the Astros to the American League and force Jim Crane to accept the move as a condition of being granted permission to buy the Astros...I will NEVER forgive Ryan....Selig...or baseball in general

Reactions: outhereincali
Astros started in 1963 I think

The Braves are one of the oldest teams in baseball they have been around since 1871. And you know the Brewers started in 69 cause the Milwaukee Braves had left in 1965 when Hank Aaron played with the Braves. The Braves were in Milwaukee from 1953 to 1965. 1957 World Series Champs.

yes they are....that is why I said the Astros had been in the National League longer than the Braves had been in Atlanta.....and they had.....by 4 years.

yes they are....that is why I said the Astros had been in the National League longer than the Braves had been in Atlanta.....and they had.....by 4 years.

I actually miss those series between the Astros and Braves cause I wouldn't have to go far to see them. Its a rarity when they come to DFW and play the Rangers. Last season I had my tickets to see them play against the Rangers, but you know that story.

I actually miss those series between the Astros and Braves cause I wouldn't have to go far to see them. Its a rarity when they come to DFW and play the Rangers. Last season I had my tickets to see them play against the Rangers, but you know that story.
The Cubs have been in Chicago long before they were ever born!

yeah....that sucks.....but at least you didnt have to suffer watching the dog assed rangers

Reactions: RoboCocks21
ADVERTISEMENT