ADVERTISEMENT

Orange & White Spring Game 2021

Herman/Beck's master plan
Yep making plays at Texas got you benched until recently.

one thing I have seen. Thompson is probably the most ready to play, but Card looks like the more talented guy. I’ll be interested to see how that battle plays out.

My thoughts...

Sark has a tough decision on which QB to go with. Don’t know if that is good or bad, because they both look competent, but with the vanilla offense yesterday I wasn’t too impressed with either. I think Thompson’s ability to scramble might im a better in a real game.

Bijan is special, enough said. Wrap this guy in bubble wrap until the first game.

The o line did pretty good with run blocking but struggled at times with pass protection. We’ll see.

The receivers were nothing special, I hope that Worthy guy raises the bar.

The D line looked pretty good and got some pressure when they needed to.

The LBs didn’t stand out good or bad, so who knows.

The secondary made some plays and didn’t miss many assignments.

Overall everything looked pretty vanilla, it was a spring game. There were no major issues and no injuries, the offense made some plays and the defense made some plays, so I guess it went pretty good.

I know, mind blowing stuff. That will be $9.95 please.

Reactions: westx and freeper
And I just saw that Devin Richardson a lb from New Mexico State has xfr to TX he's from the Houston area. That's 3 lb xfr since Sarkisian came here and Xavier Worthy makes 4. I have no idea about Worthy and Richardson won't know till they get here. But I think its obvious that the new staff isn't impressed with the receivers and lbs they inherited.

Oh and a good article with Del Conte and Sarkisian about grass vs turf.

And I just saw that Devin Richardson a lb from New Mexico State has xfr to TX he's from the Houston area. That's 3 lb xfr since Sarkisian came here and Xavier Worthy makes 4. I have no idea about Worthy and Richardson won't know till they get here. But I think its obvious that the new staff isn't impressed with the receivers and lbs they inherited.

Oh and a good article with Del Conte and Sarkisian about grass vs turf.

outhere, can you post the link to this? I so want Texas to go back to grass at DKR.

We are gonna have a VY year or a Herman year!I like what I seen, but, we need more working at it, quit building the Other parts of the team and start getting the OLine going as you can't do any aspect of the game without a good Oline. QB's can't throw and Rb's can't run and Wr's can't catch if the balls not thrown under bad pressure without them blocking

Sark just picked up Alabama grad transfer LB Ben Davis. Clearly the LB position will look different this fall than it did this weekend with two transfer pickups in 48 hours

I just read that Sarkisian has announced that J'Tavion Sanders will start on the offensive side of the ball at either receiver or te.

Sorry to see Malcolm go. But when there is a logjam at te somebody is the odd man out.

Let's see now 5 xfr 4 lb and 1 receiver and the top recruit is going to be a receiver. I guess we now know what was wrong with our team last year 😅

I just read that Sarkisian has announced that J'Tavion Sanders will start on the offensive side of the ball at either receiver or te.

Sorry to see Malcolm go. But when there is a logjam at te somebody is the odd man out.

Let's see now 5 xfr 4 lb and 1 receiver and the top recruit is going to be a receiver. I guess we now know what was wrong with our team last year 😅
Epps gave it a go, he just isn’t a D1 P5 player. Good luck to him. I still remember him getting jammed by a much smaller DB at the line of scrimmage when he was at WR early on.

Reactions: westx

Forgot about this.
Yeah, ok. It was a bad play, but look at the source. “S$C” podcast. They are going to try anything dig on Sark. Just look at the title of the article “The AWFUL Texas spring game”. It wasn’t great, but it wasn’t awful.

It was obvious they were just playing around with that play for fan enjoyment, and the defense knew it was coming because they were practicing it during warmups. You could see Sark laughing after the play like it was meant to be fun. As for the rest of the game Sark wasn't even calling plays and said himself in interviews the week prior that it would be vanilla. Any journalist thinking they were going to see Sark's best stuff in a Spring game probably needs to redirect his focus into writing fiction.

Yeah, ok. It was a bad play, but look at the source. “S$C” podcast. They are going to try anything dig on Sark. Just look at the title of the article “The AWFUL Texas spring game”. It wasn’t great, but it wasn’t awful.
You know these SEC people have been giving opinions on other conferences spring ball and recruiting. I guess that with their recent success their fans think they are experts with other schools as well. Talk about condescending.

Good article players who could make a positive contributions this year.

I should clarify about Epps. He is talented and a D1 player, but just not in the way he views himself getting to the NFL. He doesn't really have any kind of speed or amazing leaping ball-catching ability. He should use his skills as a situational player or back up and get a quality degree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT