ADVERTISEMENT

OT Austin burger joint

TexLou

Jan 9, 2020
The mind is failing me, but what was the place, great burgers, many years ago, just west of drag.

Oh, if I recall, they built a 50's looking joint on the prop.

Oh damn. Give me a rough time frame to work with. 90? 80? 70? If it's 70 then I have no clue.

Because Waterloo in-house used to have a bangin ass burger.

Reactions: StrangerHorn
Got it
Mad Dogs an Beans
Great burgers, guacamole, excellent!!! But gone.

I'm much more concerned about my next great burger than past great burgers.

Best burger I ever at was actually in Utah at a place called Crown Burger, they have this Pistromi burger that I still have dreams about.

Best burger joints in San Antonio are Longhorn cafe, Griff's and Big Z , I also love the Bun & Barrel for their Onion Rings.

Best burger in New Braunfels is JT's

I'm much more concerned about my next great burger than past great burgers.

Best burger I ever at was actually in Utah at a place called Crown Burger, they have this Pistromi burger that I still have dreams about.

Best burger joints in San Antonio are Longhorn cafe, Griff's and Big Z , I also love the Bun & Barrel for their Onion Rings.

Best burger in New Braunfels is JT's
You must have visited a different New Braunfels than the one I live in. There's no burger joint here called JT's.

And before you get snippy, you almost got it right. ;).

GM Steakhouse on the drag was well known for their burgers and the staff was quite entertaining. Great memories!

They would show a full menu on the wall with steaks, chicken, fish, etc but they always tell you they were out of the other stuff and forced you to order one of their cheeseburgers or a "cheeseburger with no cheese".

GM Steakhouse on the drag was well known for their burgers and the staff was quite entertaining. Great memories!

They would show a full menu on the wall with steaks, chicken, fish, etc but they always tell you they were out of the other stuff and forced you to order one of their cheeseburgers or a "cheeseburger with no cheese".
Was GM Steakhouse on the west side of Guadalupe closer to MLK? If so, during the 80s, the Talking Heads was always playing on the sound system. The staff seemed cool in a hipster kind of way . . . at least hipster for the 80s. Decent, juicy cheeseburgers.

Was GM Steakhouse on the west side of Guadalupe closer to MLK? If so, during the 80s, the Talking Heads was always playing on the sound system. The staff seemed cool in a hipster kind of way . . . at least hipster for the 80s. Decent, juicy cheeseburgers.

GM was decent. They went out of business in 93/94. I always loved The Holiday House in Tarrytown. The #5 Flameburger with hickory sauce was the best thing ever invented.

Nau's pharmacy in West Campus made a pretty good burger as well.

Last edited:
GM was good but The Posse was the best hole in the wall burger and beer pub just off campus. Most of us engineer grads went there as a regular haunt.

GM was decent. They went out of business in 93/94. I always loved The Holiday House in Tarrytown. The #5 Flameburger with hickory sauce was the best thing ever invented.

Nau's pharmacy in West Campus made a pretty good burger as well.

I ate a shit load of Flames outa the Holiday House on Burnet RD..myy cousins boy was manager...lol and then they had 2Jay hamburgers

Reactions: 2300 Nueces
Used to eat Pizza at the Tavern and Godfathers and Faj's at the Raw Deal..that little place across the Lamar bridge on the left going south was a little beer and burger joint hat was damn good

Reactions: OldHornInPA
Holiday House in Tarrytown I really miss but also miss Hamburger Hill that was in Westlake .

ADVERTISEMENT