ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Blue Angels in Town!

StrangerHorn

Jan 6, 2020
The 2021 Wings over South Texas Airshow flies as part of the Buc Days events along the Corpus Christi Bayfront on 1-2 May 2021. Featured performers include the USN Blue Angels, USN F-35 C Lightning II Demo Team, USAF F-16CJ Viper Demo Team, USAF Heritage Flight, USN Legacy Flight, and the USN Leap Frogs Parachute Team. Flybys and waterfront displays will also happen each afternoon. It will be a wonderful way to commemorate the USN Blue Angels’ 75th Anniversary and Naval Air Station Corpus Christi’s 80th Anniversary.

Saturday & Sunday, May 1 & 2, 2021 from 1:00PM to 4:00PM​

Best viewing to occur on Bayfront between the Lexington and the T-Heads.​

Be An Air Show VIP! The VIP Area presented by the Coastal Bend Buick GMC Dealers includes:

https://bucdays.com/wings-over-south-texas-may-1-2-2021/

Hook'em

Just sitting on my fishing dock with Bubba watching the Blue Angels fly over my house, I can see their helmets is how close they fly over haulin ass in them new Jets they got, gobb a be a good show Sat..I got 4 VIP passes so I can park on flight Line and they got a tent with cold beer where you can sit and watch them...so me and my wife and 2 neighbors are gonna go and have a good time, Bubba's gonna have to sit this one at home as the noise will hurt his ears..

Have a good weekend and be safe all of you!.

Hook'em

Last edited:
Years ago I was in Vilnius Lithuania doing a trade project-- had a couple of meetings there. Whe I flew in on aerolithuania (do not recommend) we landed at what was surely a cold war Era soviet airbase. Lined up along the runway were old Bear Foxtrot russian bombers with their wings chopped off-- it was really odd to see.

Well, a few days later, I'm in the airport "bar" which overlooked the airfield. All of the sudden, all the taxi traffic on the runway comes to a dead stop. I mean everything just froze.

Seconds later I hear a rumble in the distance and from over my left shoulder comes 2 F15s, on the deck-- and I mean on the freaking deck-- just SCREAMING down the length of the runway. At the end of the runway both drivers lit their burners and pulled seemingly straight up and into the clouds with a thunderous boom.

Thoroughly impressed, I look at the female bartender and realize that this must be a regular occurrence-- because she seemed to hardly notice or care. This was April 2004.

Its raining so hard here and supposed to keep om all weekend...bad weekend for the Angels..... so my plans are gone now....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT