ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bowe Bergdahl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deweygolfer

Nov 29, 2007
Allen, TX
Charged with Desertion, intent to shirk important or hazardous duty and misbehavior before the enemy by endangering the safety of a command unit or place! Soldiers lost lives searching for this SOB and Susan Rice said he served with Honor and Distinction, what a clown that piece of trash is. And to think we traded 5 Taliban Leaders for this Piece of Shit. Good call Obama........
This post was edited on 3/25 4:04 PM by Deweygolfer

Originally posted by Deweygolfer:

Charged with Desertion, intent to shirk important or hazardous duty and misbehavior before the enemy by endangering the safety of a command unit or place! Soldiers lost lives searching for this SOB and Susan Rice said he served with Honor and Distinction, what a clown that piece of trash is. And to think we traded 5 Taliban Leaders for this Piece of Shit. Good call Obama........
This post was edited on 3/25 4:04 PM by Deweygolfer
Firing Squad for the towel lover.

He was a mental case and no soldier should have lost his life looking for him.Obama gives up 5 prisoners for him??? He thinks like Obama and America and it causes are the bad guys.

In before thread lock......

Fully expect the usual suspects to come in and defend the actions of the Admin on this one.

Inexcusable.....but what's new?

No soldier left behind in any situation. This guy needed help and mentally was not all there.
Would I love to punch this F'r in the face yes, but you don't leave anyone behind. Especially an American Soldier.

Originally posted by oldschoolcat:

Fully expect the usual suspects to come in and defend the actions of the Admin on this one.

You do realize, that you are one of the usual suspects, always arguing with those usual suspects you speak of. So you are no different; except for the fact that you write dear john letters, and don't stand by them.
shock.r191677.gif

Have been attempting real real hard not to respond. At minimum-heave this scumbag in the Leavenworth brig busting rocks for the rest of his natural life. Collateral damage inflicted upon families of fallen soldiers along with those wounded is incomprehensible.

Originally posted by blh111:

You do realize, that you are one of the usual suspects, always arguing with those usual suspects you speak of. So you are no different; except for the fact that you write dear john letters, and don't stand by them.
shock.r191677.gif
Oooh burn..... I said I'd stay out of the Aggie discussions and I have. Occasionally chime in on an OT politics post here and there where I agree with most of your horn brethren.....sorry if that violates the terms.

So trading 5 terrorists in hand for one American terrorist sympathizer / deserter is a good idea?

Originally posted by Falko:
No soldier left behind in any situation. This guy needed help and mentally was not all there.
Would I love to punch this F'r in the face yes, but you don't leave anyone behind. Especially an American Soldier.
Sorry, but he deserted. He no longer fits into that scenario. You quit, and quite likely aided and abetted the enemy, you get left behind. And shot, if we find you fighting against us.

A case could be made that we should never trade 5 members of the Taliban for any servicemen or civilian in captivity.

If we do entertain such a trade then common sense would suggest this POS wasn't worth the cost. Leave his ass over there and let them pay for it.

I'm guessing even if he's convicted, Obama will pardon or commute.

Originally posted by AnimalMother:
A case could be made that we should never trade 5 members of the Taliban for any servicemen or civilian in captivity.

What if it was your dad or brother, would you feel the same way. Would your stance be as strong? Just curious, because I know it's easy for people to be so tough, when it doesn't involve them or loved ones. I probably should not even ask that question, as it is mentally impossible, for you to truly put yourself in the shoes of another, so I guess your stance, is what it is. I haven't took the time myself, to even know how I feel about it.

I'm sure Bergdahl's family and maybe others would believe his alleged act of desertion was the result of ptsd or some other illness. I can understand why they would have an interest in getting him back regardless of the cost.

My point is that a deserter who ends up in enemy hands isn't the same as a POW in the traditional sense.

There are a lot of families whose loved ones have been kidnapped and are being held hostage throughout the world. A lot of them innocent contractors working in American hostile countries. Why would a soldier who has been well documented as a deserter fetch such a ransom? ("deserter" is putting it at the most innocent end of the spectrum.)

I have opinions but it would upset, offend, and set in motion the imminent locking of this thread.

But I think there must be motives to make such a move that is contrary to common sense and national security.

I have opinions but it would upset, offend, and set in motion the imminent locking of this thread.
I think you should be able to say how you feel, without the thread getting locked, as long as posters are not attacking one another. We shouldn't expect others, to agree with our every thought. How you feel, is how you feel.

What if it was your dad or brother, would you feel the same way. Would your stance be as strong? Just curious, because I know it's easy for people to be so tough, when it doesn't involve them or loved ones. I probably should not even ask that question, as it is mentally impossible, for you to truly put yourself in the shoes of another, so I guess your stance, is what it is. I haven't took the time myself, to even know how I feel about it.
I actually agree, yes bring him back and then put him on Trial, which is what is being done. My stance is that giving up 5 Taliban Leaders (3 of which are now trying to get back into Terror) is too much. Also, when it has been stated there were other options to pursue. My thought is giving up the 5 Leaders helps to push and bring closer to reality Obama's Agenda of closing Guantanamo Bay.

When people ask the "what if it was your son, daughter, or whatever family member" question what is the point of it? If something happens to a family member, I want a pound of flesh back in multiples of ten. My reasoning would be purely based on emotion and not reason, and that is not a good thing.

By asking that what if are you saying that we should make an emotional decision about this?

Originally posted by bubba2023:

When people ask the "what if it was your son, daughter, or whatever family member" question what is the point of it? If something happens to a family member, I want a pound of flesh back in multiples of ten. My reasoning would be purely based on emotion and not reason, and that is not a good thing.

By asking that what if are you saying that we should make an emotional decision about this?

I suggest reading my reply again, the answer to your question is in there. I said why I made that statement. I'm not answering ignorant questions.

I'm all for leaving no one behind. But giving up 5 known terrorists? Not saying never, but it dramatically changes the scenario. But what galls me is our President had to have a big press conference on the White House lawn so that he could brag about bringing him home, with mom and dad in tow. For once, can our political leaders (left and right) do their job, which they campaigned for, without calling attention to themselves to remind us of the great job they are doing. This wouldn't be such a PR mess if POTUS had done his job and kept his mouth shut.

Director of National Intelligence: Bush-Cheney released 171 Gitmo prisoners who returned to battlefield, compared to Obama's 7.

Now feel free to carry on with your completely ignorant, dishonest and hypocritical righteous indignation just like on every other political topic, right wingnut.

Originally posted by Scholz:

Director of National Intelligence: Bush-Cheney released 171 Gitmo prisoners who returned to battlefield, compared to Obama's 7.

Now feel free to carry on with your completely ignorant, dishonest and hypocritical righteous indignation just like on every other political topic, right wingnut.
He's back!

Originally posted by Scholz:

And I disagree with that action as well. Should have given them the Judge Roy Bean.

And here we see Exhibit A why we can't have nice things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT