ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Dueces to O'Brien

GuaranteedFresh!

Oct 31, 2010
Texans finally chitcanned ol' Bill. Too bad they are self handicapped until 2022 and therefore no HC or GM worth their salt would take the job but hey, baby steps.
Also praying Crennel isn't kept in position for longer than necessary. Dude is something like 20-50 as a HC.

Oh, before I leave....... GO STROZ!

Reactions: Oldmanastro
I hate that the Texans fired O'Brien. He was the perfect coach for them and their culture, and he made it so enjoyable to make fun of them and their dysfunctional organization. He will be missed! =)roll

Reactions: StrangerHorn
I hate that the Texans fired O'Brien. He was the perfect coach for them and their culture, and he made it so enjoyable to make fun of them and their dysfunctional organization. He will be missed! =)roll
Yeah yeah yeah I hear ya mm. Here's another tidbit you can laugh at, B.O. is the only Houston HC fired with a winning record.
Like @clob94 said, nothing really changes until a For Sale sign pops up.

THAT’S how I would feel if Jerraw sold the cowboys. He’s pure entertainment.

The Cowboys will never go to Super Bowl as long as Jerry owns the Franchise! Same for Houston and the McNairs...

True statement but none of it filled the trophy case... Canning Obrien is at least a step in the right direction.
Agreed. Look, I didn’t like BOB at all, I think he is a jerk, but Jones has stuck his foot in his mouth WAY more than the McNairs. And much more entertaining.

Firing O'Brien had to happen, but it also points to terrible ownership. McNair allowed his HC/GM to trade away Hopkins for a minimal return, then fires him after just 4 games? If the leash was that short, why not veto the trade in the first place? Now you have Watson, very few other skill players worth building around, and no 1st round pick in 2021. (Tunsil trade) It's not the most enticing job opening for sure.

I may be off, but since the Texans inception they have 4 playoff wins. During that same time, Cowboys have 3.

A more accurate comparison would be the number of playoff appearances/wins, championship game appearances/wins and Super Bowl appearances/wins and total wins during the first 18 years of each franchises existence. There is no comparison.

Reactions: Hoookem722
I still remember when the Texans could have taken VY in the draft but instead took Clowney. If I am wrong, then forgive me but I think that was the choice. I still cannot believe they did not take VY but their coach was the former Aggy QB at the time and I guess he did not want another Longhorn hero like Earl for Houston. The owners should have stepped in then to select VY. Hopefully the owners do not select a bad coach because Houston is a great football city. When the Oilers were rockin the Love Ya Blues days that was some of the best football and football experience we've ever seen.

ADVERTISEMENT