ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Here's ya Free Coke!

StrangerHorn

Jan 6, 2020
If ya hadn't had one then try one! A sure memory retriever

Peanutsand-Coke-Sam-OBrien.jpg

I drink Pepsi and peanuts on all long road trips. Been doing this since I was young(er). I asked the guys at the fire station yesterday if they ever heard of this, and none of them had. I accused their Dads of improper raising.

I drink Pepsi and peanuts on all long road trips. Been doing this since I was young(er). I asked the guys at the fire station yesterday if they ever heard of this, and none of them had. I accused their Dads of improper raising.

Micco...I give you props for this....but I am a bit disappointed you ruin those peanuts with Pepsi.RC Cola I could appreciate, but Pepsi?

Hmmmmm. I’ve never done this, but am intrigued because I love peanuts with just about everything. Do you go with a lightly salted peanut or unsalted? Dry-roasted right?

Reactions: StrangerHorn
Hmmmmm. I’ve never done this, but am intrigued because I love peanuts with just about everything. Do you go with a lightly salted peanut or unsalted? Dry-roasted right?

Buy ya bag of planters at corner store by the register, the Pepsi or RC or Coke will take care of the salt, its good so who cares about the salt? Get the damn Frito Lay peanuts, regular and thats good

Reactions: diadevic

On my road trips I take Shiner in ice chest and cracker with Black Skinned cheese and Summer sausage Micco! or ya can put the peanuts in the Shiner like ya do the Pepsi

Reactions: freeper

No...the only way to get the real deal is to get a package of the Planters (those plastic packages that used to cost a nickle but now are over a buck) which were of course salted. You could even use the package of Toms which were Spanish peanuts but also salted. The skins off the Toms ones tended to make a mess in the bottle but that didn't matter. Somehow the salt on the peanuts mixed into the Coke or RC …(even Dr Pepper) and that was what made the deal "right"

Reactions: StrangerHorn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT