ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Hotel Recommendations

ASURAM2010

Feb 1, 2012
I am playing on bringing the wife to Austin in December for our 8th anniversary. Close to downtown, but we won't be doing the bar scene (she will be 6 months pregnant). Any recommendations?

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
I am playing on bringing the wife to Austin in December for our 8th anniversary. Close to downtown, but we won't be doing the bar scene (she will be 6 months pregnant). Any recommendations?
The Hyatt on the south side of the river (Ladybird Lake/Town Lake) has a pretty awesome view of the downtown skyline. Little quieter on that side.

Congrats on your 8th Ram! and congrats on the new Longhorn, Been married over 40 for me now, Man, That.s a lotta time with the same women, feels like I been doing time!..LOL

Good Luck finding a place!

Hook'em

I've always wanted to stay in the supposedly haunted Driscoll.

Can't be haunted MM, The Beach Boys stayed there in 66..lol, was top notch back in the day, Senators, Presidents..Actors, in fact when JFK was coming from Dallas m he was supposed to stay there, many of Top Gov decision for the State of Texas was made there, it was o0ld nut was nice

Hook'em

So I had a weekend booked at the Hyatt Regency and then the wife informed me of some plans that weekend so I tried moving it up two weeks and the price doubled. Now I want this weekend to be nice, but I'm not paying darn near $400/night. So @clob94 that rules out the Driskill too!

Anyone stayed at the Omni at Southpark or the Omni Downtown?

So I had a weekend booked at the Hyatt Regency and then the wife informed me of some plans that weekend so I tried moving it up two weeks and the price doubled. Now I want this weekend to be nice, but I'm not paying darn near $400/night. So @clob94 that rules out the Driskill too!

Anyone stayed at the Omni at Southpark or the Omni Downtown?
Omni at southpark is a suburban hotel. Relatively new, remote. Downtown was a little shabbier, but location is great.

Stayed here in September for the first time.

https://instagram.com/hotelvanzandt?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=1hkuggikoanws

Pro's-It's next to Rainey, complementary beer/wine during check in, roof top pool/fire place, restaurant/bar, cozy for the wife, they have some complementary happy hour with free brew/wine, great bed and views (depends on room).

Con's-next to Rainey (busy)

This place is contemporary or boutiquish so a youngish vibe is usually hanging I'd say it was 25-45. Dogs are also allowed so you'll see a few in the lobby.

Last edited:
Stayed here in September for the first time.

https://instagram.com/hotelvanzandt?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=1hkuggikoanws

Pro's-It's next to Rainey, complementary beer/wine during check in, roof top pool/fire place, restaurant/bar, cozy for the wife, they have some complementary happy hour with free brew/wine, great bed and views (depends on room).

Con's-next to Rainey (busy)

This place is contemporary or boutiquish so a youngish vibe is usually hanging I'd say it was 25-45. Dogs are also allowed so you'll see a few in the lobby.
Thank you! Was actually looking at this one as well.

Reactions: LongfellowDrew
Omni Southpark is in a weird location. The Omni downtown gets filled with people working with state govt thanks to location so they don't even pretend to try when it comes to service.

Omni Barton Creek Resort would be my choice for that kind of weekend but it is 20 minutes from downtown.

Omni Southpark is in a weird location. The Omni downtown gets filled with people working with state govt thanks to location so they don't even pretend to try when it comes to service.

Omni Barton Creek Resort would be my choice for that kind of weekend but it is 20 minutes from downtown.
I've had sex in that elevator... the glass one.... twice. Once on my recruiting trip.

Apparently the Barton Creek resort is closed until May 2019 for renovations

Hell , just go all out Asuram, go to Motel 6 and get a 12 pack and a bucket of chicken! or Scholz can tell ya how to get to Platos fine Mexican dining restaurant.

Hook'em

Reactions: freeper and Scholz
Hell , just go all out Asuram, go to Motel 6 and get a 12 pack and a bucket of chicken! or Scholz can tell ya how to get to Platos fine Mexican dining restaurant.

Hook'em
But what would she eat? That was my first choice, the misses didn't want a room that opened to the outside world...she is very insulated!

But what would she eat? That was my first choice, the misses didn't want a room that opened to the outside world...she is very insulated!
LOL! Open to the outside world, I like that, well then get her a room at the Travis County jail, that won't be open...LOL..LOL

Get her a salad from HEB and get another 12 pack...and her a case of water, seriously, that's why usually use Holiday Inn Express or one like it, its just cost so much to travel nowadays and especially buy anything in Austin, you can always count on Church's or WhataBurger or Jim's in a clutch, I like Matts El Rancho when I go to Austin, Franklin's BBQ is overrated, its a tourist trap for BBQ now cause of all the publicity, remember everybody's got the best BBQ in Austin they think! ,Its not easy traveling with a Women whom is fixin to Domino, I done it 4 times I know, just make her comfortable and try to have a good time, really money no object at this point to her happiness! LOL!

Good Luck!

Hook'em

Reactions: ASURAM2010
Alright so we are staying in the Domain area...any of you fine folks coffee snobs? Any local coffee shops in that area that I need to visit?

Alright so we are staying in the Domain area...any of you fine folks coffee snobs? Any local coffee shops in that area that I need to visit?
Coffee is for quitters.

Beer for breakfast or gtfo.

ADVERTISEMENT