ADVERTISEMENT

OT: I’m done

LongfellowDrew

Dec 5, 2008
We sent the final payment for my kids college tuition for the year. Done! After graduation my daughter already has a job lined up so time for ROI to kick in. We get a raise! I don’t think I’ve been this excited for our kid and ourselves in awhile. I know some of you know the feeling!

We sent the final payment for my kids college tuition for the year. Done! After graduation my daughter already has a job lined up so time for ROI to kick in. We get a raise! I don’t think I’ve been this excited for our kid and ourselves in awhile. I know some of you know the feeling!
Congrats.

Reactions: LongfellowDrew
I can relate. Both of my kids finished college within the last two years. It is a relief in ways besides financially. It is very rewarding to see them embark on their careers and become self-supportive. Congrats!
Thanks! I’m super proud of her she’s done 3 coops and had 4 job interviews and 3 offers and hasn’t even finished. I’m excited to see where she ends up. Thanks and congrats to you!

Last edited:
Congrats!!! My two are just beginning My son next year and my daughter in two years. I think my daughter should get most of hers covered between sports, grades and her career path.
Y'all have seen me talk about my son. I am hoping to get most of his covered. I will not be able to pay for their college (thanks to my ex who took that) so trying to get their loan value as low as possible.
Its fun watching your kids grow into who they will be! I know you are proud and you should be and will be spending that money on Texas NC gear hopefully in the next 3 years! ;)

Congrats!!! My two are just beginning My son next year and my daughter in two years. I think my daughter should get most of hers covered between sports, grades and her career path.
Y'all have seen me talk about my son. I am hoping to get most of his covered. I will not be able to pay for their college (thanks to my ex who took that) so trying to get their loan value as low as possible.
Its fun watching your kids grow into who they will be! I know you are proud and you should be and will be spending that money on Texas NC gear hopefully in the next 3 years! ;)
All I have to say is make sure they get some internships or coop in when they can. It makes a difference. Congrats on your son I hope he succeeds in what he chooses to study as well as his love for football.

All I have to say is make sure they get some internships or coop in when they can. It makes a difference. Congrats on your son I hope he succeeds in what he chooses to study as well as his love for football.
Thanks man! Best wishes to yours as well! I just want to get them as good of a start as I can! Sounds like you gave yours that! Much respect! Enjoy that pay raise my dude! You can buy us all a round when this page gets together someday! ;)

That’s a great feeling. You and your wife should be extremely proud! My oldest graduated in 2018 and has a nice job in Austin. My youngest seems to want to stay in school forever. She’s finishing up a Masters program at TCU and is planning for law school next year. Plus she’s on the swim team at TCU. She won’t be starting her career for a while which means I’ll be poor for at least 3 more years.

As much as we love to see our kids be on their own, they’re truly not on their own until you get them off of your cell phone plan and auto insurance. My oldest, who makes pretty good money for a 25 yr old, is still on our plan. Every time I try to bring it up my wife and her look at me like I’m asking them to go to the moon!

As much as we love to see our kids be on their own, they’re truly not on their own until you get them off of your cell phone plan and auto insurance. My oldest, who makes pretty good money for a 25 yr old, is still on our plan. Every time I try to bring it up my wife and her look at me like I’m asking them to go to the moon!
We had that discussion with our daughter. Considering her salary and bonus when she’s finished we told her she’s off our med insurance, car insurance, phone plan and any other thing. She can have my old car until she thinks she needs a new one but she’ll be off on her own. I think she likes it that way though. She hardly ever came home only on holidays. My girl is frugal as hell so I’m sure she’ll look for the best plans for herself.

I can’t wait until we’re done. My daughter still has 2 years to get her BSN, and my son starts Vet School in August.
Vet school where? I applied and got no closer than 2nd alternate. I only applied once and my grades weren't bad but they weren't all A's. I know you're proud!

I can’t wait until we’re done. My daughter still has 2 years to get her BSN, and my son starts Vet School in August.
If your daughter has gotten past the Anatomy course, she’ll be fine. Anatomy is the make-or- break course for a BSN. My daughter took it when she was a sophomore and it was stressful. Even 12 hour clinicals are a breeze compared to Anatomy. Great opportunities are ahead.

Last edited:
More great news! Daughter passed her FE Industrial and Systems exam and is officially an EIT (Engineer in Training). Also got news she maybe in Wisconsin for her 1st year rotational at her job in June. Next goal is PE. You know when people say they’re proud of their kids I kind of knew what they meant but these past 4-5 years I’ve experienced a lot to be proud of.

Congrats man!!! That is beyond awesome! Pray I have a story like this about mine at the end of their college. Take a bit and celebrate (use those former college payments to do that).
You did good sir!

Vet school where? I applied and got no closer than 2nd alternate. I only applied once and my grades weren't bad but they weren't all A's. I know you're proud!
He’s at aggie, and as much I give them shit for being a weird cult, I’m very proud of him. At the end of the day, they’re the #4 vet school in the country. He busted his ass to get in and it took him applying twice to make it. My Hazlewood is paying for almost all of it, so it’s definitely a win win.

He’s at aggie, and as much I give them shit for being a weird cult, I’m very proud of him. At the end of the day, they’re the #4 vet school in the country. He busted his ass to get in and it took him applying twice to make it. My Hazlewood is paying for almost all of it, so it’s definitely a win win.
Mine is an Aggie as well.
Congrats!

Reactions: txleapd
Ok, proud papa moment. My daughter just got accepted to Georgia Tech Environmental engineering school. We are waiting on UT engineering school acceptance. So my payments are just about to begin. When and if that comes, torn decision between the schools.
She has always bled burnt orange and her mother graduated from there. And Atlanta is way over there. Plus, out of state tuition.
Either case, I couldn’t be prouder of her.

Freeper-Don’t you have a son there? May need some advice/guidance.

Ok, proud papa moment. My daughter just got accepted to Georgia Tech Environmental engineering school. We are waiting on UT engineering school acceptance. So my payments are just about to begin. When and if that comes, torn decision between the schools.
She has always bled burnt orange and her mother graduated from there. And Atlanta is way over there. Plus, out of state tuition.

Congratulations man. I have a3 year old girl and I pray for that kind of success

Best of luck with that girl and congrats. Start that 529k account now.
yeah im already freaking out about what thats going to cost the way the world is today. Imagine in 15 years.... regardless congrats to you man, i freak out thinking about her at that age. You really knocked it out of the park with that one.

Congrats definitely a proud moment!

Reactions: Oldmanastro

Congrats-

she want to save the whales?

Im knowing the feeling but my oldest has 2 years left and then I have 2 younger ones but I think they’re going to get academic scholarships and go to Texas State and commute from home here in NB

Reactions: LongfellowDrew
ADVERTISEMENT