ADVERTISEMENT

OT: I’m done

He’s at aggie, and as much I give them shit for being a weird cult, I’m very proud of him. At the end of the day, they’re the #4 vet school in the country. He busted his ass to get in and it took him applying twice to make it. My Hazlewood is paying for almost all of it, so it’s definitely a win win.
I eat lunch quite a bit with Charles Graham Dvmwho I believe has a vet building named after him at Aggie. Super nice guy about 90 now. He has a heck of a nice ranch in Gonzales and is a big meat supplier to HEB.

Reactions: LongfellowDrew
We sent the final payment for my kids college tuition for the year. Done! After graduation my daughter already has a job lined up so time for ROI to kick in. We get a raise! I don’t think I’ve been this excited for our kid and ourselves in awhile. I know some of you know the feeling!

3 years to go, Hazelwood covering tuition for my son but I've got the rest.

@Oldmanastro good memory. My son just graduated from Georgia Tech last month with his degree in Aerospace Engineering. (He was working in the combustion lab the last year and says that his job was basically to make "big fire"....) He is now waiting to hear on a GRA program and admission to grad school.

No matter which way she goes, both schools have far more recent national championships than the Sodbusters....

Im knowing the feeling but my oldest has 2 years left and then I have 2 younger ones but I think they’re going to get academic scholarships and go to Texas State and commute from home here in NB
Texas State academics has improved 3-fold since I finished in the ‘80’s. It’s not the party school it was previously reputedly was. 😉 If you can get scholarship $$, good for you guys. They offered my daughter $8k a year.
My only thought is that I enjoyed and met best friends for life living in the dorms my first two years.

Reactions: Belldozer1
Best advice I can give future Engineer parents is to make sure your kid does internships or coops. I can only speak on Aggie but I'm pretty sure other universities have career days. Once they turn Jr's it's time to start looking. I think my kid did 3 internships and they were in different cities and states. It's worth it!

If it weren't for those opportunities I highly doubt she would have a job right out the gate. She now lives in Wisconsin and works for an international company. We pay for nothing!

Reactions: Oldmanastro
Texas State academics has improved 3-fold since I finished in the ‘80’s. It’s not the party school it was previously reputedly was. 😉 If you can get scholarship $$, good for you guys. They offered my daughter $8k a year.
My only thought is that I enjoyed and met best friends for life living in the dorms my first two years.
Yeah she’s going to be a registered nurse and I hear they have a pretty good program

We sent the final payment for my kids college tuition for the year. Done! After graduation my daughter already has a job lined up so time for ROI to kick in. We get a raise! I don’t think I’ve been this excited for our kid and ourselves in awhile. I know some of you know the feeling!
And I just sent in my 1st payment to UT this week. Uuugh.

• Haha
Reactions: LongfellowDrew
Bravo to all the families with successfully educated children. I am glad my two were done years ago. Eldest (daughter) is now a labor and delivery nurse and my boy is a USAF pilot (Major) and an XO of a training squadron. It is truly a great feeling to see them off on their own (off of my payroll) and raising the grandkids for us to enjoy. We are very proud of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT