ADVERTISEMENT

OT: is the NBA a sports organisation?

hookem365

Jul 12, 2020
Growing up, I could not get enough of the NBA. I would get hyped up about regular season games.

But now, they seem more like a social organisation. I do not pay money and give my time to watch political and social messages.... I want to watch a good game of basketball. The quality of basketball is deteriorating rapidly while social messaging from the players and the league is on the rise.
If I want a social message there are other experts I would rather go to than these highly overhyped brats.

Thoughts?

Growing up, I could not get enough of the NBA. I would get hyped up about regular season games.

But now, they seem more like a social organisation. I do not pay money and give my time to watch political and social messages.... I want to watch a good game of basketball. The quality of basketball is deteriorating rapidly while social messaging from the players and the league is on the rise.
If I want a social message there are other experts I would rather go to than these highly overhyped brats.

Thoughts?

If they want equity they should lower the baskets.

The NBA hung themselves. Ok, that didn't sound right.
The NBA is a slave to profits. Well that didn't sound much better.
The NBA has a new master and it is China. I just can't seem to say this PC enough------- and that's the problem.

The NBA has fallen in line with people that preach social justice and how African Americans were mistreated in the past-- and "still" mistreated in some people's eyes-- and out of one side of their mouth they advocate for social rights and out of the other side of their mouths they won't stand up to a nation that uses ACTUAL SLAVE LABOR to make their basketball shoes and clothing. Not to mention the billions the Chinese people pump into viewership.

NBA is in trouble. They should move the whole thing to China. There is nothing here for that league.

Kickball is moving in. It's much more diverse.

Cornhole is the future. I’m starting to see tournaments springing up on TV. No athletic skills required; don’t need 36” vertical or a 4.45 40 to compete. Sorry ... just realized that these tournaments are being held in the fly-over states. Racist. Kickball it is!

• Haha
Reactions: LonghornMM
"cornhole" used to mean something much different. No way I can get excited about that.

ADVERTISEMENT