ADVERTISEMENT

OT:Judge rules against releasing Mixon tape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belldozer1

Aug 20, 2014
Guess he figured there wasn't much to see? Well time to move on I suppose.
NewsOK: OU football: Judge rules against releasing copies of Joe Mixon tape

w140-c_256ecea4e5c2130740e6646e3ffca503.jpg
Ryan Aber

A Cleveland County district judge ruled against the Oklahoma Association of Broadcasters on Friday in a lawsuit aimed at making the surveillance video in the Joe Mixon case public.

Judge Thad Balkman did grant a request to preserve the copy of the tape.

Mixon, an 18-year-old Oklahoma freshman football player, was charged with acts resulting in gross injury following a July 25 incident at Pickleman's Gourmet Cafe near the OU campus.

In late October, Mixon reached a plea deal in the case, entering an Alford Plea which allows him to maintain his innocence while acknowledging that enough evidence exists for a jury trial to find him guilty.

He was given a one-year deferred sentence, 100 hours of community service and cognitive behavior counseling.

The Norman city attorney, city police and the district attorney's office all refused to make copies of the tape public, despite a recent change in Oklahoma's Open Records Act that mandates that facts concerning the arrest must be made public upon request and that copies should be allowed as well.

[/QUOTE]

"Guess he figured there wasn't much to see?"

roll.r191677.gif
If you really think that's why the judge didn't release the tape, I legitimately feel sorry for you.

Originally posted by Belldozer1:
Guess he figured there wasn't much to see? Well time to move on I suppose.
NewsOK: OU football: Judge rules against releasing copies of Joe Mixon tape
Most people have moved on, but come on fella. Those that saw the tape and spoke on it, said it made them sick to their stomachs.

lol. Desperate for what? Oh no, OU has convicts on their team? Yawn. No, this is nothing new to anyone, and your convicts will still be gettin their asses kicked in Dallas with great regularity. Nice try though.

With regularity? I believe we won last year did we not? Face it, you guys are in bad shape down there which is probably why you resort to your desperation tactics. Just remember, they can't hide once that ball is kicked off. Mixon and Perine will be way too much for the Horns to handle. Don't blame you for being skeeeeeered

Tell that bitchcake Perine Jason Hall says hi, and they'll body slam your convict the same way. Texas is on the rise, and Strong will be the end of Stoops. Mark it down. Stoops will be Strong's bitch.

Metcalf....I hope that is true, but unless we get our special teams fixed we will again be walking away from that game grinding our teeth mumbling about how we really should have won except.....

oh man you are grasping. We all saw how strong did he first year and it was pretty. Certainly no indication of much to look forward to

Only for those who don't know what they're looking at, or are in denial. You, barkingyankee, are clearly in both of those categories. Lol. This is gonna be fun.

That's good news for OU. The tape would be ugly. You only have to read the comments from the pro OU reporters who got to see the tape and thought it was damning evidence.

The tape coming out would have been a mini little Ray Rice backlash for OU and the RS year punishment would have been properly scrutinized.

1) You should take your own advice (although I am not a fan of people getting all crazy and cussing and attacking one another). It is easy to keep it civil.

2) Allow me to point out though, that this is a thread started about DOMESTIC VIOLENCE. There is nothing civil about that. The you compound it with it being a rival school and a joke of a punishment. And a judge barring 'evidence' from the public domain, which actually is interesting. Since the case has been adjudicated and there is the whole freedom of information act. You know you were poking the dog here by starting this thread.

3) Allow me to reiterate what others have said, that your initial comments were just ignorant. The judge banning the public from viewing the tape does not mean "nothing to see here". Again, a group of pro OU reporters saw it....and all of them walked away a bit shocked at how bad it was. This is a judge covering OU, and I don't know how it goes by the letter of the law as it regards to the freedom of info act.

Bottom line, this isn't something you should be proud of. None of it. Not the act (which you previously defended and blamed the girl and attacked her character). Not the joke of a RS year suspension (which he like immediately violated by going on the court to be honored with teammates to which Boren said it was wrong and did predictably nothing about it or the few other things he did to violate his non contact with team during said "suspension"). Nor the judge blocking the viewing of it. And you saying it essentially equates to innocence......its just sad.

Now feel free to give a blow by blow counterpoint civil response, if you are capable.

And I think I, for one, stayed civil here. But to ask that is just mind boggling.

Why not run to Bama or Auburn board and start some thread on the court case of that tree poisoner guy and then cry when it doesn't stay civil. Or go stand in the street and praise Jeffrey Dahmer and get upset when people throw food at you because they are not as "civil" as you.

JSTO you are mistaken or flat out lying. I have never blamed the girl In this scenario. I wasn't there and haven't seen the tape so who knows what really happend. It appears this has run its course through the judicial system and is now over. Time to move on.

This post was edited on 2/22 11:53 AM by Belldozer1

JSTO you are mistaken or flat out lying. I have never blamed the girl In this scenario.
No, YOU did blame the girl. You were also one of the key posters looking up her drug history acting like she somehow deserved it. And I don't think I am mistaken on that.

I wasn't there and haven't seen the tape so who knows what really happend.
So why did you start off in this thread insinuating that nothing was on the tape?
And again, there are people that have seen it, they were pro OU, and they all said it was damning.

Time to move on.

Says the guy that STARTED THIS STUPID THREAD in the first place.

Originally posted by jsto60:

JSTO you are mistaken or flat out lying. I have never blamed the girl In this scenario.

No, YOU did blame the girl. You were also one of the key posters looking up her drug history acting like she somehow deserved it. And I don't think I am mistaken on that.

I guarantee without a doubt you are mistaken.

I wasn't there and haven't seen the tape so who knows what really happend.
So why did you start off in this thread insinuating that nothing was on the tape?
And again, there are people that have seen it, they were pro OU, and they all said it was damning.

My first post in this thread is in question form. You may not be aware of this but a ? is a question mark.

Time to move on.

Semantics.

You are really bad at this.

Oh look a squirrel.
You should really get over this and stop obsessing. You are causing yourself too much angst.

Semantics.

You are really bad at this.

Oh look a squirrel.
You should really get over this and stop obsessing. You are causing yourself too much angst.
Oh really?

Time to move on.

Who needs to get over what and stop obsessing? You did start this thread... on a Texas board... about an ou player.... care to rethink the obsessing remark, or do you enjoy looking like a tol?

Originally posted by barkingwater2000:
Bell some of these Texas guys know more about OU football than most OU fans do.
You jokers just don't get the irony.

2 Okies obsessed with Texas, in a thread started by an Okie to poke the dog, and they are trying to tell Texas fans who is the obsessed party.

It really is like trying to explain to water why it is considered wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT