ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New Braunfels craft beer festival

clob94

Aug 25, 2014

Would like to encourage everyone to attend. April 17. I expect to see you knuckleheads there. Calling you all out.

Dang, I'd love to make it. That will be a fun weekend in NB. Unfortunately that is my son's BD weekend and we already have plans. I'll be in NB Memorial weekend, as I always am. Would love to have a few beers and catch up, clob.

Reactions: Belldozer1
Being a craft beer snob and lots of quality craft beer breweries in central Texas, I'd love to make it. Sadly my daughter has a club swim meet that weekend. I tried looking to see what breweries are going to be there, but if Pinthouse Pizza is going to be there, I highly suggest the Electric Jellyfish IPA. Others are any BBA's (Bourbon Barrel Aged) stouts.

Reactions: Belldozer1
If they have Schlitz or near beer im in
Actually, there is a brewing company that has two near beers for people that are on the wagon. And from what I understand, yes, they will be there. And you've probably never had a schlitz in your natural life-- and if you have, it was 40 years ago. I had to go all the way to Minnesota to have a freaking schlitz.

And moreover-- Schlitz isn't even a beer-- it's a malt liquor. So get the fvck out of your house next weekend, get in your little white Mercedes chardonnay drinking Bachelorette car, and come drink beer you freaking dirt merchant fanboy!

Actually, there is a brewing company that has two near beers for people that are on the wagon. And from what I understand, yes, they will be there. And you've probably never had a schlitz in your natural life-- and if you have, it was 40 years ago. I had to go all the way to Minnesota to have a freaking schlitz.

And moreover-- Schlitz isn't even a beer-- it's a malt liquor. So get the fvck out of your house next weekend, get in your little white Mercedes chardonnay drinking Bachelorette car, and come drink beer you freaking dirt merchant fanboy!
How about Billy Beer

Clob....Bell didnt mean Shlitz....He just misspelled Blatz....But back in the day Schlitz was indeed a beer(they used to say....the beer that made miluakee famous)

See if I can't lure @GuaranteedFresh! Out of his cave. Where's the rest of you knuckleheads?
Accidentally buying a drink for a professionally made ladyboy in Pattaya is one thing.....I KNOW y'all f-ers are dudes so no drinks for you!

* no pervs, once the transformer spoke to me the encounter was over. End of story.

Accidentally buying a drink for a professionally made ladyboy in Pattaya is one thing.....I KNOW y'all f-ers are dudes so no drinks for you!

* no pervs, once the transformer spoke to me the encounter was over. End of story.
Hold up---- so I've gotta know--

What in the actual fvck were you doing in Thailand? I get you being in the Stan, or Iraq or even doing ski training with the nordics-- hell, South america-- but Thailand? We've got zero footprint there with the exception of consulates and an embassy and DSS stuff. Unless of course you were hanging out with Adm Olsen and that K-Bar dude.

But for real-- get your ass to the beer festival dude. I'll make it worth your time.

Clob....Bell didnt mean Shlitz....He just misspelled Blatz....But back in the day Schlitz was indeed a beer(they used to say....the beer that made miluakee famous)
The whole new era of Malt, Ale, Lager, IPA or whatever is just beer to me. I am not knocking it, it is just a whole new thing that I don't understand, but it has exploded and people really know their stuff. I still remember the old commercials (not sure whether late 70s or early 80s) of Schlitz Malt Liquor Bull. Budweiser in a bottle is my first love.

Fellow craft beer snob here. I did not know about this event. Not gonna lie, I got a semi after reading about this. Thank you op.

I don't get the affinity for IPA's. That sh*t is just plain gross.
I must not be a craft beer snob either as I’m not a big fan of IPAs. I tend to stick to blonds or lagers - Texas Helles is a good one. Although Victory at Sea by Ballast Point is a good dark beer.
I had a blonde by Big Bend Brewing Co and it was one of the best I’d ever had. Unfortunately, I think BBBC went under as I’ve not been able to find that beer again.

Guess I am just a Texas hick with developmentally challenged taste buds. I grew up on Pearl, but after it went away I moved on to PBR and never looked back.
They don't just hand that blue ribbon out to anyone........

Reactions: Lampasas
Guess I am just a Texas hick with developmentally challenged taste buds. I grew up on Pearl, but after it went away I moved on to PBR and never looked back.

I drank a shit load of Pearl Light in my lifetime....LOL Do you remember Lamp when they put out Texas Pride..I could drink that ok but, that BuckHorn gave me the shits...LOL awful tasting shit, worst than Vietnamese stuff with embalming fluid

ADVERTISEMENT