ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New Braunfels craft beer festival

I drank a shit load of Pearl Light in my lifetime....LOL Do you remember Lamp when they put out Texas Pride..I could drink that ok but, that BuckHorn gave me the shits...LOL awful tasting shit, worst than Vietnamese stuff with embalming fluid
Yeah I remember Texas pride. How about Red, White, and Blue? Drank a lot of that while in school since you could get a case for $5.

Yeah I remember Texas pride. How about Red, White, and Blue? Drank a lot of that while in school since you could get a case for $5.

Back in the day you could buy Lone Star offa the outlet loading dock at the outlet by Butter Krust Bakery on Airport, Pony kegs, Kegs and cases of beer and they rented the barrels and hand pumps, until the LCB and the state made a law, ba k then the age was 18 in Texas.

Back in the day you could buy Lone Star offa the outlet loading dock at the outlet by Butter Krust Bakery on Airport, Pony kegs, Kegs and cases of beer and they rented the barrels and hand pumps, until the LCB and the state made a law, ba k then the age was 18 in Texas.
Was that around the same time period y’all were whittling your own wooden prophylactics

Reactions: StrangerHorn
I drank a shit load of Pearl Light in my lifetime....LOL Do you remember Lamp when they put out Texas Pride..I could drink that ok but, that BuckHorn gave me the shits...LOL awful tasting shit, worst than Vietnamese stuff with embalming fluid
I remember Pearl from college. Cheap and affordable. We would alternate between Pearl/Busch/Natural Light (whatever was on sale). Now, back home in the panhandle, I was younger and didn't drink, but I know the $6/case beer was Schaeffer. That was known as the beer to drink during wheat harvest in July. Another thing we had to contend with in the panhandle were the dry counties. Our county bordered Oklahoma and the closest beer buying place was situated right across the state line. Oklahoma had 3.2 beer and Texas had 6 point. The % alcohol didn't work out exactly as 3.2% vs 6%, but nonetheless, Texas beer was stronger, but not readily attainable in our remote neck of the woods. Believe it or not, it was kind of "show offy" or a big deal when somebody brought back some 6 point from whatever wet county they could get it (I think Amarillo was the closest and that was more than 2 hours away, which would be Potter County).

I remember Pearl from college. Cheap and affordable. We would alternate between Pearl/Busch/Natural Light (whatever was on sale). Now, back home in the panhandle, I was younger and didn't drink, but I know the $6/case beer was Schaeffer. That was known as the beer to drink during wheat harvest in July. Another thing we had to contend with in the panhandle were the dry counties. Our county bordered Oklahoma and the closest beer buying place was situated right across the state line. Oklahoma had 3.2 beer and Texas had 6 point. The % alcohol didn't work out exactly as 3.2% vs 6%, but nonetheless, Texas beer was stronger, but not readily attainable in our remote neck of the woods. Believe it or not, it was kind of "show offy" or a big deal when somebody brought back some 6 point from whatever wet county they could get it (I think Amarillo was the closest and that was more than 2 hours away, which would be Potter County).
I did a lot of work out in east Texas in the 90’s as a young guy in my early 20’s and I was flabbergasted to learn that there are quite a few dry counties out there. That threw a wrench into pretty much all of my plans most nights.

I did a lot of work out in east Texas in the 90’s as a young guy in my early 20’s and I was flabbergasted to learn that there are quite a few dry counties out there. That threw a wrench into pretty much all of my plans most nights.
Lol. Well, in our case, it wasn’t that bad. There were no bars, but It was only 3 miles to the Oklahoma line to purchase. It was all drinking on the tailgate on the dirt roads. We’d get brave here and there and drag main a few times while sipping on a cold one. Another thing from that era, the drinking age was 19 in Texas and 21 in Okieland.

stranger....the drinking age did not get changed in Texas to 18 from 21 until 1973....years too late to matter to me.

stranger....the drinking age did not get changed in Texas to 18 from 21 until 1973....years too late to matter to me.

Me either but my bros and sis's had fun till it changed then, its always the younger sisters and brothers giving the oldest the BS! I told Mother that I didn't want them after they was born but they didn't listen....:rolleyes::rolleyes: now I would take money for them or jewels...now!

Did you live in Dumas or Sunray?

Did you live in Dumas or Sunray?
Booker. Some people have heard of Perryton and Booker is 16 miles from there. I think we are the northern most town in Texas unless you count Texhoma. However, there school and city services are on the Okla side.

Alright you stink nuggets. Clob's going to be drinking beer in Gruene in 36 hours. I just got off a flight and I'm headed home to sleep all day tomorrow.

God help you all that show.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Unless all you sons-o-beautiful women can bring chainsaws to my place and help chop up trees that didn't make it through wintergeddon, I'll be drankin at home all weekend.

Rainy days are perfect for wood pile burning.

Fobbit it is.
I will gladly come help you dissect as many trees as you like from sun up Sunday until 4pm. I've got a dinner thing I have to do in Helotes Sunday night. Chopping wood is good for the obliques as well as the soul.

Reactions: GuaranteedFresh!
I will gladly come help you dissect as many trees as you like from sun up Sunday until 4pm. I've got a dinner thing I have to do in Helotes Sunday night. Chopping wood is good for the obliques as well as the soul.
You're good people clob. Y'all enjoy yourselves but keep an eye open for wackjobs. Too many people out there have lost their damn minds.

I'm here. Texas hat on backwards. Black long-sleeved t-shirt. Can't miss me.

I'm here. Texas hat on backwards. Black long-sleeved t-shirt. Can't miss me.
Wish I coulda made it @clob94 but at this time of year, I've got a shit-ton of grades to catch up on. I woulda been the short Mexican guy with the Texas hat on forwards....

Reactions: westx
clob, how was the beer festival? A little chilly I would imagine.
It was awesome. Way more folks than we thought it would be. Probably 60 or different breweries. They had several food trucks with everything from Maine Lobster rolls to BBQ. I had an area cleared out just left of stage in case any of you jokers showed up-- didn't want any of you claustrophobic dudes feeling hemmed in.

But alas-- none of y'all showed.......

It was awesome. Way more folks than we thought it would be. Probably 60 or different breweries. They had several food trucks with everything from Maine Lobster rolls to BBQ. I had an area cleared out just left of stage in case any of you jokers showed up-- didn't want any of you claustrophobic dudes feeling hemmed in.

But alas-- none of y'all showed.......
I was actually there as a volunteer for a business partner from Austin who was showcasing her craft beer products. I never got a chance to break away - so many more people showed than we expected. It looked like a lot of fun if you weren’t volunteering. I wanted to venture out and look for the big fella wearing the UT hat backwards but never had a chance. If you came over to drink some Meridian Hive brew that’s where I was located. However,, you may have not noticed me since our female servers were unbelievably gorgeous. We were right across from the Black’s BBQ truck.

Definitely plan on coming back next time as an attendee only.

I was actually there as a volunteer for a business partner from Austin who was showcasing her craft beer products. I never got a chance to break away - so many more people showed than we expected. It looked like a lot of fun if you weren’t volunteering. I wanted to venture out and look for the big fella wearing the UT hat backwards but never had a chance. If you came over to drink some Meridian Hive brew that’s where I was located. However,, you may have not noticed me since our female servers were unbelievably gorgeous. We were right across from the Black’s BBQ truck.

I did get a beer from there. Can't believe you didn't see me. Long sleeve black t shirt with Russian Cyrillic written in white on it.

I'm in next year. Happened to occur on a weekend when I was out of town. Sounds like my kind of time . . . and female servers!

ADVERTISEMENT