ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rutgers fan coming to Austin for bachelor party

KnightTerrors

Dec 24, 2015
I come in peace!

Sorry to flood your forum with an OT post but I really could use some advice on Austin. I am coming down for a bachelor party and really could use recommendations for dinner. There will be 13 of us and we are looking for dinner spots downtown that are reasonably priced but unique to Austin. I'd appreciate any insight.

Right now our plans include Barton springs, gun range, and a day on lake Travis. Would love any feedback on those plus any advice for bars/restaurants. Appreciate the help!

I come in peace!

Sorry to flood your forum with an OT post but I really could use some advice on Austin. I am coming down for a bachelor party and really could use recommendations for dinner. There will be 13 of us and we are looking for dinner spots downtown that are reasonably priced but unique to Austin. I'd appreciate any insight.

Right now our plans include Barton springs, gun range, and a day on lake Travis. Would love any feedback on those plus any advice for bars/restaurants. Appreciate the help!

Try the Craftsman bar downtown... good beer for sure... Food wise, look for Maudies - there are multiple ones, but they are unique to Austin and have soem ofthe best Tex-mex I have ever eaten.... aside from that your plans sound solid bro. Enjoy Austin - just dont move here lol...

Reactions: CaptainZigZag
South Austin ballet.

It goes by another name. You'll figure it out. Of course There s always the yellow rose......

Visit the place Clob recommends then depending on your capital appetite ask some of the talent to join you on a rental party boat on Lake Travis. You can imagine the rest. Will be the most infamous bachelor party you'll ever experience. Been there done that 30 yrs ago but not much has changed in Austin since then. Have fun.

Visit the place Clob recommends then depending on your capital appetite ask some of the talent to join you on a rental party boat on Lake Travis. You can imagine the rest. Will be the most infamous bachelor party you'll ever experience. Been there done that 30 yrs ago but not much has changed in Austin since then. Have fun.
Be sure you have a designated boat driver. Or do the party boats come with a captain?

Even if nobody is driving the boat? What if I'm using a trolling motor to drive? Can they bust me for "sailing under the influence"?
I guess you don't sail. Eeerbody has to show at least a light after dark. Power boats need the red/green dealey. My first sail was on Lake Austin, a friend had a Snark, made out of styrofoam. The wind died and it took an hour to get back. Nothing so good at times as being on the water.

I come in peace!

13 people which I assume are all dudes. I'd try Iron Cactus or Eureka on 6th it will give you a view of all the crazies on "The Dirty" while you enjoy food and drinks. Price is reasonable food is ok. If you want to see shit go down stay until they close it all down, it's pretty entertaining for the newbies.

Food trucks
Paper Boy
Luke's Inside Out
Churro Co.
Gourdoughs

Bars/Food

Pint House Pizza
ABGB
Hops and Grain
Zilker Brewing
Oasis Brewing (Probably best view from a brewery in Texas)
Craft Pride

Rainey Street is a little more laid back than 6th.

There's a ton of places to eat and drink in Austin.

Stiles Switch BBQ is an easy place to get some good brisket and sausage without having to wait in outrageous lines.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT