ADVERTISEMENT

OT Star Wars question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Her co-star in the beaver picture:
1. Obiwan was an a-lister, and pretty much the go-to guy for every important mission. He was the 007 of the jedi council. This is pretty obvious from wacthing the movies. And he really only lost two fights, both to the same guy. We can call that matchup problems. Sometimes, someones just got your number. His third loss was when he was freaking elderly, to a guy he had already kicked the absolute fck out of, and he let him win.

2. Who in the shit are all these other people you are talking about? I have seen every star wars movie multiple times, and a few posts on this thread are completely over my head. Kid Fisto? Is she a lesbian?
Kitt was the squid looking guy.

Technically, did Obi won lose to Boba Fett?

Anakin was a huge poon. He is the Russell Westbrook to Obiwan's Kevin Durant. He did a few things well and that made him think he was badass, but he got his ass kicked a lot.
Last I checked, Russell wasn't the chosen one. Though, he was supposed to bring balance to the Thunder, not destroy them against Dallas.

Yes, please link the site with all of the Jedi Rankings...BTW, if you watch the Clone Wars Cartoons on Cartoon Network, it is obvious that Anikan is the 2nd Most powerful behind Yoda. Anikan was the Chosen one and went to the planet where the force was kept in balance by this Jedi(forget his name) who had an evil son and nice daughter, both of whom were powerful.

Also the dark sisters were real powerful, and so was there brother who looked like an oversized yellow version of Darth Maul.
This post was edited on 6/18 8:09 PM by kenyatta96

Originally posted by GDforHC:
Anakin was a huge poon. He is the Russell Westbrook to Obiwan's Kevin Durant. He did a few things well and that made him think he was badass, but he got his ass kicked a lot.
Last I checked, Russell wasn't the chosen one. Though, he was supposed to bring balance to the Thunder, not destroy them against Dallas.

The Imperial Senate had more to do with that than Westbrook. Fixed.

Yeah, but what does "chosen one" mean? He was supposed to bring balance to the force, which doesn't even make any sense, because george lucas is a turd.

I think he was just supposed to kill the emperor, which he did. That doesn't mean he's the best player. He just hit the game-winning shot. And that was just because he switched teams on the last play of the game, and nobody knew about it. It was like he scored on his own goal. He is the biggest homo in all of star wars. I'm not sure he could even beat Dark Helmet in a fair fight.

Reactions: SirAdamAdams

Yeah, but what does "chosen one" mean? He was supposed to bring balance to the force, which doesn't even make any sense, because george lucas is a turd.

I think he was just supposed to kill the emperor, which he did. That doesn't mean he's the best player. He just hit the game-winning shot. And that was just because he switched teams on the last play of the game, and nobody knew about it. It was like he scored on his own goal. He is the biggest homo in all of star wars. I'm not sure he could even beat Dark Helmet in a fair fight.
Documented, he saved Obi Wan's ass at least two times, three if you count the time they were in that arena.

If by "lose to boba fett", you mean "follow him to the location of the enemy's secret hideout, and facilitate their slaughter", then yes, he lost to boba fett.

Surely you mean Jango Fett, a non-Jedi who battled Obi-Wan to a stalemate and was able to escape. Also remember that Obi-Wan couldn't defeat a gundark without Anakin's assistance.

"Documented, he saved Obi Wan's ass at least two times, three if you count the time they were in that arena."

Right, but Obi got Anakin out of being the Tatooine version of a camel jockey (look up the actual term, people) and got him out of slavery, so I'd say he owed him at least that. ***edit, Anakin was also piss poor at combat tactics. Always jumping into things. Obi Wan was a far superior play caller.
This post was edited on 6/18 8:14 PM by PBR_StreetGang

Originally posted by CS:

If by "lose to boba fett", you mean "follow him to the location of the enemy's secret hideout, and facilitate their slaughter", then yes, he lost to boba fett.

Surely you mean Jango Fett, a non-Jedi who battled Obi-Wan to a stalemate and was able to escape. Also remember that Obi-Wan couldn't defeat a gundark without Anakin's assistance.
Thank you. Obi Wan had pedestrian skills, not a great athlete.Very pedestrian sabre skills. He's the Haywood Workman of Jedi.

Anakin, killed his ass. This was legless, robot Anakin btw.

Originally posted by PBR_StreetGang:
"Documented, he saved Obi Wan's ass at least two times, three if you count the time they were in that arena."

Right, but Obi got Anakin out of being the Tatooine version of a camel jockey (look up the actual term, people) and got him out of slavery, so I'd say he owed him at least that. ***edit, Anakin was also piss poor at combat tactics. Always jumping into things. Obi Wan was a far superior play caller.

Revisionist history. And that was Quui Gon Jinn who saved Anakin. Also, short sighted of you to not consider the possibility that Anakin would've killed that slave owner when he was 12.

What? Qui Gon did that shit, Obi Wan sat on the ship like a little bitch. He even argued with Qui Gon about freeing him.

Originally posted by jdunlop:

What? Qui Gon did that shit, Obi Wan sat on the ship like a little bitch. He even argued with Qui Gon about freeing him.
Exactly. Obi Won was an elitist. "Oh master, please not another project." Dude was shortsighted. May have been racist as well.

Exactly. Obi Won was an elitist. "Oh master, please not another project." Dude was shortsighted. May have been racist as well.
Yup, had Qui Gon not been killed Anakin would have been trained by a real Jedi Master and things might have been different.

Damn, a lot of you guys need to find a woman, you watch too much of this Star Wars chit!
eek.gif

Yup, had Qui Gon not been killed Anakin would have been trained by a real Jedi Master and things might have been different.
Couple more points to add:

1. Qui Gon died because he was protecting Obi Won. Obi Won was using Qui Gon as a shield the whole fight. Obi Won was half assing it. He's the guy you invite over to help you move and he ends up moving a couple of pillows and then asking you to pay him.

2. Qui Gon would've been a better master. He wouldn't have been jealous of Anakin. Everytime Obi was around Anakin, he became "oh I knew that" guy. Like when they were protecting Padme, when Anakin heard the bugs in her room, Obi Won looked up and said "oh I sensed that too. Actually, I sensed it awhile back, what took you so long."

Kenobi was brilliant at times. He could beat you with pure wit as opposed of just hacking away with his light saber.

Obiwan let anakin win.

Anakin was 1-1 against count chocula, he killed a bunch of kids who thought he was their buddy, he killed obiwan who let him win, and then he killed the emperor, who thought anakin was his buddy, and while he was electrocuting someone else.

Obiwan's wins were all very decisive. He may not have been the best guy out there, but he was the go-to guy for the jedi council. Any time something important needed to be done, he was the guy they called. And they intentionally created gay missions to keep anakin out of the way.

Jedi master: Hey obi-wan, how about you go kill general grevous?
Anakin: do you want me to help?
Jedi master: no, we have a really important mission for you. We need you to go kick it with the emperor. I think he's going to the opera tonight. Stay close to him, and whatever you do, don't go on this mission wth obiwan.
Anakin: for reals?
Obiwan: yeah man, this is such an important mission. Go hang out with the emperor, and tell me all about the opera when I get back from killing these bad guys. I've been meaning to catch this one myself while its in town, but I'm always off on missions.
Anakin: oh ok

Obiwan let anakin win.

Anakin was 1-1 against count chocula, he killed a bunch of kids who thought he was their buddy, he killed obiwan who let him win, and then he killed the emperor, who thought anakin was his buddy, and while he was electrocuting someone else.

Obiwan's wins were all very decisive. He may not have been the best guy out there, but he was the go-to guy for the jedi council. Any time something important needed to be done, he was the guy they called. And they intentionally created gay missions to keep anakin out of the way.

Jedi master: no, we have a really important mission for you. We need you to go kick it with the emperor. I think he's going to the opera tonight. Stay close to him, and whatever you do, don't go on this mission wth obiwan.
Obiwan: yeah man, this is such an important mission. Go hang out with the emperor, and tell me all about the opera when I get back from killing these bad guys. I've been meaning to catch this one myself while its in town, but I'm always off on missions.

Good grief. I salute you.
roll.gif

Obiwan let anakin win.

Good grief. I salute you.
roll.gif

Yeah, he got me there.....almost. Conversation that actually occurred in the council:

Mace: Yo, who you want to send out to get Grevious.
Yoda: Easy. Obi Wan.
Mace: What?!?!? He basically passed out against Dooku again.
Yoda: Exactly. Look, Grevious, is not the prize here. He's not the sith lord, we know that much. Why send our most prized pupil when we can send a pawn like Obi Won. Plus, all his questions are starting to annoy me. Plus his nice guy act isn't fooling me. The jedi chick with the rack said he tried to hit on her at the 146th annual Jedi/Padwan picnic.
Mace: That chick did have a nice rack. You know I used to hit that sh!t back in the day.
Yoda: And you think I haven't? Why do you think she's so green. Anyways, call Obi-wan will ya. And send Padme over here.

I just finished Labyrinth of Evil and I'm in the middle of Shadows of the Empire. Found them both at Half Price Books and both are excellent. I rewatched Episodes 2 & 3 then read Labyrinth of Evil which takes place between the two films. It really ties both movies together. Shadows of the Empire takes place between Episodes 5 & 6. So far I'm enjoying it.

Best reply I've ever read on OBs.

Originally posted by CS:
Yoda was a coward. "Into exile, I must go". Really, douchebag? Way to be a leader. Obi Wan with the all around skills, and it isn't even close.

Please. Let's recap Obi-Wan's record.

1. Defeated Darth Maul because Maul was an idiot, gloating over the dangling Kenobi instead of simply finishing him off.

2. Smoked by Count Dook
u, who let him live.

3. Smoked by Count Dooku again. Also left to live.

4. Defeated General Grievous with a blaster. Way to go, Jedi.

5. Defeated Anakin but let him live, thereby consigning the galaxy to decades of tyranny.

6. Defeated by Darth Vader.

If you need a Jedi who can defeat hopelessly overmatched opponents in a cantina, Obi Wan was your man. If you needed to fight the big boys, not so much.

I'm the biggest star wars nerd there is, but getting into debates about who's strongest is pointless. I'm partial to the Sith myself as far as strength and power are concerned, but you can't really determine the true answer since not all of the characters existed in the same time frame, much less fought against each other. Some of the Sith Lords were unbelievably powerful. On the other hand, some of the Jedi were also unbelievably power as well. After really thinking about my previous answer I feel like there is no definitive answer to this question of who's the most powerful.

I'll go ahead and say it, that green hippie chick jedi had a nice rack.

Pretty sure you are speaking of Aayla Secura. Looked it up in my son's Jedi book...ok, so maybe we "co-own" the book.

"Yeah, he got me there.....almost. Conversation that actually occurred in the council:

Mace: Yo, who you want to send out to get Grevious.
Yoda: Easy. Obi Wan.
Mace: What?!?!? He basically passed out against Dooku again.
Yoda: Exactly. Look, Grevious, is not the prize here. He's not the sith lord, we know that much. Why send our most prized pupil when we can send a pawn like Obi Won. Plus, all his questions are starting to annoy me. Plus his nice guy act isn't fooling me. The jedi chick with the rack said he tried to hit on her at the 146th annual Jedi/Padwan picnic.
Mace: That chick did have a nice rack. You know I used to hit that sh!t back in the day.
Yoda: And you think I haven't? Why do you think she's so green. Anyways, call Obi-wan will ya. And send Padme over here."

Simply, BRILLIANT! I laughed forever on that one. Well done, my friend. Well done.
roll.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT